Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bodin leaves  (Read 7289 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« on: Thursday, June 27, 2013, 15:38:17 »

As of today Paul Bodin is no longer manager of the U18's by mutual agreement.

Not much of a surprise.

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/article/bodin-leaves-town-883337.aspx

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, June 27, 2013, 15:42:47 »

He was bitter ever since PdC didn't want him on the coaching staff in summer 2011 when he first took over despite the then boards best efforts.

Judging by the lack of talent to make the step up from youth team to first team during his tenure I doubt this is much of a loss.

Hopefully he gets a job on the coaching staff at another club which is what he has wanted.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, June 27, 2013, 15:51:29 »

Not sure whether it is just because its 'Breaking News' but the announcement on the Adver page isn't as glowing as I would have thought. Its rather matter of fact, for what is the departure of what could be classed (from his playing days and long term association) a 'Swindon legend'.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
kerry red

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, June 27, 2013, 16:29:26 »

He was bitter ever since PdC didn't want him on the coaching staff in summer 2011 when he first took over despite the then boards best efforts.

Judging by the lack of talent to make the step up from youth team to first team during his tenure I doubt this is much of a loss.

Hopefully he gets a job on the coaching staff at another club which is what he has wanted.

Is that really fair comment, though?

We've got the 2 Thompsons who appear to be mainstays of the first team and Oakley looking likely to play regularly next season. Chuck in Waldron and a couple of others and I'd say that's a pretty good return from the Youth Team.

Nathan Thompson is going to make the club a decent wedge in the future.

For all said and done, he was a playing legend for this club and it's a shame he seems to be leaving under a bit of a cloud
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, June 27, 2013, 16:55:03 »

Is that really fair comment, though?

We've got the 2 Thompsons who appear to be mainstays of the first team and Oakley looking likely to play regularly next season. Chuck in Waldron and a couple of others and I'd say that's a pretty good return from the Youth Team.

Nathan Thompson is going to make the club a decent wedge in the future.

For all said and done, he was a playing legend for this club and it's a shame he seems to be leaving under a bit of a cloud
It could be well be argued that Nathan Thompson breaking through was as a result of good coaching at first team level -as he didn't come into the side during, or straight after being in the under 18's. 22 now, only broke through last season, so what is that - 3 years after leaving the youth set up?

Louis Thompson - seems well thought of but time will tell. Likewise Oakley.

The ones handed deals at the end of last season are very much unknown quantities and it seems are there as cheap options to make up the numbers. Again, time will tell.

My point is that there was certainly not one player who made the step up from being part of the Under 18 side and made an impact in the first team during Bodin's tenure as youth boss. Before anyone says it, Storey was a first year pro last season.

I agree with the final sentence, wonder if he has something lined up if he walked away.
since 75

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, June 27, 2013, 16:57:08 »

Does this mean that his proposed legal action is now over/been settled amicably?
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, June 27, 2013, 17:13:54 »

Fuck me you spout some shit!

Zippy is and always will be an absolute ledge. Proper gentleman, sad to see him leave and hope he gets a good role elsewhere. Top bloke.

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, June 27, 2013, 17:19:39 »

So you don't think that the old board tried to force Bodin onto Di Canio's coaching staff when he first joined?

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, June 27, 2013, 17:21:28 »

Zippy is and always will be an absolute ledge. Proper gentleman, sad to see him leave and hope he gets a good role elsewhere. Top bloke.
Seconded.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, June 27, 2013, 17:32:18 »

Seconded.

Thirded

Bodin was  great servant for the club.

If we were awarded a penalty, it was virtually guaranteed  goal
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, June 27, 2013, 17:33:45 »

So you don't think that the old board tried to force Bodin onto Di Canio's coaching staff when he first joined?

No, no I don't.

I don't think they forced him onto to Di Canio. You dont bring an ego like PDC in on big money with a condition like that. They probably hoped that there would be a closer link between youth and first team and that didn't materialise. Di Canio didn't want anything to do with Bodin from the off and there is plenty of speculation as to why.

Di Canio brought in his own team, on his second day he got rid of Dave Morrison and a little while later Kate Cady, if Bodin was sold to pdc as a first team coach then he'd have been off too.

And as for not having any impact on Nathan Thompsons development? Jesus wept.... Do you think Nathan would say he had no impact? How could a former international full back have anything to offer an up and coming young full back anyway?

Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, June 27, 2013, 17:36:21 »

No, no I don't.

I don't think they forced him onto to Di Canio.
"Right at the beginning he [Watkins] introduced three people he wanted to be part of the coaching staff, but in one hour I discovered these people were very average - not good enough even for the Conference never mind League Two.

- Paolo Di Canio
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, June 27, 2013, 17:49:14 »

"Right at the beginning he [Watkins] introduced three people he wanted to be part of the coaching staff, but in one hour I discovered these people were very average - not good enough even for the Conference never mind League Two.

- Paolo Di Canio

Did you delete the part were Di Canio said they forced Bodin on to him?

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, June 27, 2013, 17:49:52 »

Great player for us and should be remembered fondly for those days alone. But putting sentiment and nostalgia to one side, I don't think he was any great shakes as a coach.

And anyone who uses the term 'ledge' is a cunt.

It's All Good..............
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, June 27, 2013, 17:54:58 »

Great player for us and should be remembered fondly for those days alone. But putting sentiment and nostalgia to one side, I don't think he was any great shakes as a coach.

And anyone who uses the term 'ledge' is a cunt.

I would suggest anyone calling someone a cunt for abbreviating a word is a fucking tool.  Smug Fuck Off

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: