Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What is the worst place you have ever been?  (Read 10645 times)
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 21:03:20 »

Massage the chicken, then roll in olive oil with oregano and thyme. Add onions, thinly sliced. Once fully fried add a carton of sauce, the hotter the better, and simmer for half hour. During simmer process add a handy load of Madras spice. Boil some rice with a pinch of salt.

Enjoy it!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 21:48:05 »

Ashford 1st,2nd and 3rd-no redeeming features whatsoever.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 21:52:22 »

Ashford 1st,2nd and 3rd-no redeeming features whatsoever.

Kent, Middlesex or Surrey?

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 21:55:12 »

I hate Skegness with a passion.

Walked through an estate in Dublin which scared me a little.  Looked like it was condemned for demolition but several enclaves were holding out and still living in their flats.  Made worse by the overwhelming sense of anti-britishness in the area (odd how you can completely forget the issues between our two countries).
« Last Edit: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 21:57:36 by RobertT » Logged
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 21:56:05 »

I hate Skegness with a passion.

Walked through an estate in Dublin which scared me a little.  Looked like it was condemned for demolition but several enclaves were holding out and still living in their flats.  Made worse by the overwhelming sense of anti-brutishness in the area (odd how you can completely forget the issues between our two countries).

Are you sure you aren't just recounting the plot of robocop? Smiley

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 21:57:33 »

Massage the chicken, then roll in olive oil with oregano and thyme. Add onions, thinly sliced. Once fully fried add a carton of sauce, the hotter the better, and simmer for half hour. During simmer process add a handy load of Madras spice. Boil some rice with a pinch of salt.

Enjoy it!
cruelty to chickens. Rise up and save the fowl
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 21:59:09 »

Are you sure you aren't just recounting the plot of robocop? Smiley

It was very similar!  We got clocked in a pub nearby which we visited when parched without checking first.  Couple of the locals made us feel suitably unwelcome and we ended up leaving mid first pint.  On leaving we noticed it was called The Patriot :-)
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 22:05:05 »

It was very similar!  We got clocked in a pub nearby which we visited when parched without checking first.  Couple of the locals made us feel suitably unwelcome and we ended up leaving mid first pint.  On leaving we noticed it was called The Patriot :-)

That story annoyed me and it was only a sentence long  Angry

I guess being British, I wouldn't understand their motivation, but I would have thought most folk are reasonable enough not to blame a random tourist/visitor for something a king/government/army may have done years ago.

adje

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 22:14:01 »

Kent, Middlesex or Surrey?

Kent

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 22:14:52 »

To be fair, after the two hour tour of Kilmannon Gaol I felt a little ashamed to be British as it was!   Well worth a visit though, get a much better understanding of the place and it was good to get away from Temple Bar, just wouldn't recommend the place we walked through to get there.  In fact, it took hours, so I wouldn't recommend walking from Temple Bar at all!
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 22:49:39 »

Newport (South Wales) is quite awful, although they have a few nice buildings along the shit coloured river so it's probably not the worst of the worst.

Nah, that's Port Talbot. Did you know the dystopian city (L.A.? Chicago? Can't remember) of the future in Blade Runner was inspired by it? Fucking gurt chimneys bellowing out smoke and crap 24 hours a day, refineries and smelting and all sorts of industrial stuff going on (all run by Tata now, the Indian company. There's some weird reverse colnialism stuff going on with industry in this country...). Town itself is a fucking dump, because it's hardly a tourist hotspot. The water is black/brown on a good day.

On the other side of Swansea Bay (can't be more than two or three miles across), mumbles is beautiful.

I wouldn't take a dip in there mind. It's still the Brizzle channel.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 23:01:46 »

Handsworth, The valleys, Newport, Bolton, Moss side, Swansea, Blackpool, Trowbridge, South Bristol, Southend, Llanwrst, Leeds, Hull, Port Talbot, Slough and Tower Hamlets.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 23:06:06 »

Oh, and a shout to Brighton. You may have the sea and a pier but you can't polish a turd.  Pint
« Last Edit: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 23:09:17 by 4D » Logged
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 23:07:21 »

Leeds
No

4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 23:07:51 »

I seemed to have forgotten Wolverhampton, then again I guess most people do.  Suicide
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: