Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 43   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Friendlies 2013  (Read 114366 times)
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Thursday, July 24, 2014, 22:36:05 »

Ground apparently holds 2100, so at 91 not quite half full

Lowest friendly attendance? Not that I'm particularly experienced in away friendlies, but I can't remember less than 250-300.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Thursday, July 24, 2014, 22:41:45 »

What score?  Huh?

Anyone!?
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Thursday, July 24, 2014, 22:44:23 »

2-0 at ht to us. Think it finished 3-1 town, possibly 3-2.
OrangeTransits

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Thursday, July 24, 2014, 22:44:43 »

Anyone!?

we scraped a win 3-2...

You'll never take the Townend !!!!!!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Thursday, July 24, 2014, 22:48:22 »

Yay

Thanks
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Thursday, July 24, 2014, 23:12:59 »

Lowest friendly attendance? Not that I'm particularly experienced in away friendlies, but I can't remember less than 250-300.

Would have been 101 but the delights of Bromley entranced a few of us.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Friday, July 25, 2014, 08:02:47 »

I suspect the Ibiza/foreign tours have been one man and his dog so doubt it's a record. Sorry Jan.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Friday, July 25, 2014, 08:44:40 »

As I mentioned earlier in this thread (I think) I spoke briefly to Mark Cooper beforehand, he said the club were working hard to bring in fresh faces as he believes the first team is just about there, but we need more bodies. He said he was hopeful of bringing in someone this week (centre back) and 2 or 3 next week. (Centre Back, Left back and possibly a striker were mooted). He said the Stephens deal depends on Southampton as I think he is rated there and could be needed in the Premiership next season. (He joked that Nathan tried to give him a good kick) Overall he was fairly positive and nice he took the time to have a quick chat.

The game was basically our youth side and 4 triallists.  The only triallist (the only actual Town player) to impress was Romeo, the tricky right winger. He scored the first and setup the second with sheer pace and had a lovely touch. He faded second half but well worth another look at Bromley.

Sadly I doubt any of the players on show last night for us will have any impact on the professional game, a word must go out to the tiny ginger number 12. Came on and had a catasrophe, giving away the second goal and generally being a liability. Tried hard but nothing really went right.

Last night was good fun, and the Bedfont staff were very appreciative of all the town fans (maybe around 35 or so) who made the trip. Glad we went and great to meet Orange Transits too.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Friday, July 25, 2014, 08:48:39 »

Also, it was nice to see both sides trying to play football, there was very few hoof moments last night.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Friday, July 25, 2014, 09:26:19 »

he believes the first team is just about there

Really? I admire the confidence in youth and realise we have budget constraints this year unlike many a year before but we are really short of first team players in my opinion. Look at the goals we have lost from last years squad

Mason 5
Pritchard 8
Ranger 10
N'Guessan 8
Ajose 10

Thats 41 goals, and there is no way Smith/Williams will get anywhere near that total (IMO anyone disagree?). We have a good midfield but it lacks any individual inspiration, the Pritchard figure from last year (or Mason when he played). Someone who can do something special, beat a player etc. Its always needed at this level, look at our other recent good recent seasons Ritchie, Ward for example.

Couple all of this with the lack of know how in the team at the moment and i really worry about next season. It is what it is and we are in this position for a reason so fingers crossed for the best but we need the 3-4 loanees to be of the calibre of last seasons to get anywhere close to being playoffs. Hope i'm wrong.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Friday, July 25, 2014, 09:34:25 »

Really? I admire the confidence in youth and realise we have budget constraints this year unlike many a year before but we are really short of first team players in my opinion. Look at the goals we have lost from last years squad

Mason 5
Pritchard 8
Ranger 10
N'Guessan 8
Ajose 10

Thats 41 goals, and there is no way Smith/Williams will get anywhere near that total (IMO anyone disagree?). We have a good midfield but it lacks any individual inspiration, the Pritchard figure from last year (or Mason when he played). Someone who can do something special, beat a player etc. Its always needed at this level, look at our other recent good recent seasons Ritchie, Ward for example.

Couple all of this with the lack of know how in the team at the moment and i really worry about next season. It is what it is and we are in this position for a reason so fingers crossed for the best but we need the 3-4 loanees to be of the calibre of last seasons to get anywhere close to being playoffs. Hope i'm wrong.

Which is why he said just about, more or less or whatever.

Take the players we have currently, I think we have probably 9/11 of the first team. We are missing a left back and a centre half.

I think Luongo might offer more this season from a goals perspective.

The 3/4 loanees will come, have faith!

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #416 on: Friday, July 25, 2014, 09:41:31 »

I think Luongo might offer more this season from a goals perspective.
Word in some papers is that Evans is planning anothe bid for Luongo before the season starts.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Friday, July 25, 2014, 09:50:26 »

Word in some papers is that Evans is planning anothe bid for Luongo before the season starts.

I think Sam tweeted that because of the large % Spurs have as part of the deal we would be looking at £1 million +. Rotherham aren't willing to play ball.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #418 on: Friday, July 25, 2014, 09:55:22 »

I think Sam tweeted that because of the large % Spurs have as part of the deal we would be looking at £1 million +. Rotherham aren't willing to play ball.
I do hope thats true, we need quality.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #419 on: Friday, July 25, 2014, 10:56:55 »

Mason 5
Pritchard 8
Ranger 10
N'Guessan 8
Ajose 10

History rewriting to prove what? Michael Smith got 8 goals in 20 appearances. So with that in mind let's rewrite your list;

Mason 5 from 22 appearances
Pritchard 8 from 44 appearances
Ranger 10 from 27 appearances
N'Guessan 8 from 31 appearances
Ajose 10 from 21 appearances

Michael Smith 8 20 appearances.

So based on strike rate per game, MS was our 2nd best striker last year. Why can't he do it again?
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 43   Go Up
Print
Jump to: