Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Friendlies 2013  (Read 116085 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #615 on: Sunday, August 3, 2014, 21:27:28 »

His win percentage at Spurs is pretty good. He done well there. Levy is a just a chairman with no patience. He had some idiot moments but let's be honest so did PDC when he was here and people were loving it at the time. Learning curve for any manager. Doubt he would take the job anyway as he turned down West Brom this summer.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #616 on: Sunday, August 3, 2014, 21:47:51 »

I don't agree. Sherwood managed about par for the team that he had.
Also seems a bit of a twat too.

He's an abrasive character, but the same could be said for Cooper too. Suspect the main benefit of replacing Cooper with Sherwood under our current model would be the standard of young player he could attract, particularly Prem Loanees. Still can't see it happening however.
steveg

Ignore
« Reply #617 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 01:21:58 »

My take on the whole thing is Power is trying to bring Sherwood in as a partner?! It does make a lot if sense and would spread the load in all ways. Hope I'm right?
kerry red

« Reply #618 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 04:08:25 »

If we can't afford a few quid for an experienced player how the hell can we afford to pay Sherwood and/or Ferdinand?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #619 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 07:34:21 »

Sherwood may be tempted as a DOF role freeing Power from some of his duties allowing him to stay in Switzerland rather than his current 30 days per year or something that is his allowance in this country currently.

If Sherwood & Ferdinand came then their wages wouldn't come from the current playing budget and I would expect that Power would strike a deal with "his mates" over wages with large bonuses based upon promotion etc, also having a higher profile manager would probably bring in better sponsorship, possibly as a manager sponsorship even which would cover most of their wages.

That said....they wouldn't come cheap as the deal Sherwood had with WBA fell through on the wages they were prepared to offer Ferdinand and Ramsey as part of the deal.

I personally can't see it happening any time soon.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #620 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 08:08:24 »

I'd assume if Sherwood (and Ferdinand) were coming on board it would be as joint owner(s) so would take their renumeration primarily from profit when they sold on rather than wages.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #621 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 08:39:48 »

I'd assume if Sherwood (and Ferdinand) were coming on board it would be as joint owner(s) so would take their renumeration primarily from profit when they sold on rather than wages.

Would certainly welcome them on board as joint owners, if that was the case. Would probably give Power's position more legitimacy in the fans eyes - I find it difficult to envisage Les Ferdinand being a particularity shady character (except for smashing up the Blue Peter garden).
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #622 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 08:48:31 »

Maybe he could be persuaded to create a small ornamental garden at side of the South stand by way of atonement?

Flashheart

« Reply #623 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 09:04:26 »

Ni
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #624 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 09:15:09 »

Maybe he could be persuaded to create a small ornamental garden at side of the South stand by way of atonement?

Can I be the first to say it should be called Sherwood Forest?
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #625 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 09:38:24 »

I cannot fathom the idea that a manager gets a slice of profit from selling on players. It is such a clear conflict of interest. I know it happens (Redknapp is known for it) but I am surprised clubs stand for it.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #626 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 09:43:42 »

I may be wrong, but I read Paul's comment as profit when the club is sold.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #627 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 09:44:55 »

Tis how I read it too
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #628 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 10:00:46 »

Ni

Very good.  Cheesy
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #629 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 11:15:51 »

That's how I wrote it. I agree wholeheartedly with FD's sentiment but it wasn't any part of what I was suggesting. In fact, I was looking to explicitly exclude any idea of "profits" per se i.e. the club making a profit as a business as I think that's unlikely in the short-term and I doubt Sherwood/Ferdinand are daft enough to sign up for a deal where they get paid from a League 1 football club making a profit. That's why I used the phrase "would take their renumeration primarily from profit when they sold on" i.e. Power makes a profit on selling the club and gives some of that as dividend to Sherwood and Ferdinand.

But it doesn't much matter as I'm just speculating on top of a speculation (that Sherwood/Ferdinand are coming here in any capacity) anyway. For all I know, they're going to do it for free. Or have agreed to accept some small token in payment ... perhaps a shrubbery?
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43   Go Up
Print
Jump to: