Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 43   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Friendlies 2013  (Read 116236 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Monday, July 21, 2014, 19:50:15 »

I don't think I've ever felt less excited about a season. Not even a flicker of interest beyond checking the forums etc. It saddens me a bit.

Likewise, its been on the slide the last season or two to be honest. But even last season I made Ciren, Supermarine, Calne (?) Tottenham and Birmingham in pre-season.

Barely even listening to it on the radio this.

Never really understood how anybody could walk away from going until recently. Not there yet though, the kids won't let me Smiley
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Monday, July 21, 2014, 19:50:43 »

sorry, meant pre-season. Still looking forward to the start of the season and considered getting a season ticket before deciding I don't like work enough to afford it
kerry red

« Reply #362 on: Monday, July 21, 2014, 19:51:38 »

I've never attended friendlies
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Monday, July 21, 2014, 19:52:59 »

The lack of new signings is probably a big part of it - normally I'd only go to friendlies to watch new players
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #364 on: Monday, July 21, 2014, 19:53:13 »

I don't think I've ever felt less excited about a season. Not even a flicker of interest beyond checking the forums etc. It saddens me a bit.
I feel exactly the same, no idea why I just can't really be bothered yet. And I know a lot of town fans feel the same.

Its not the low budget, its not Power, its not Cooper, it could be partly the lack of any new signings after we have got rid of so many players, I am not sure.

I hope it has returned by the first game of the season.

One bonus....there is no height of expectation.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Monday, July 21, 2014, 19:56:26 »

Nice to hear John Gittens on the radio.

Fucking huge hero of mine! Hard hard bastard!

I haven't even seen the starting 11 and I predict doom!! Smiley

I went to Marine and will take in Leeds.....friendlies mean shit.... I seem to think that we lost most of them when we went up under Hoddle.

No matter how we do, I'm still a bit fearful for this season...but..I have my ST and hope for the best.

Clems Army!
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Monday, July 21, 2014, 19:59:03 »

My season ticket with my boys is costing me most of my dosh atm, so i am missing most friendlies, i may try to do dirty leeds, but i am just not interested. I went to Supermarine & most of the trialists i liked we let go
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Monday, July 21, 2014, 20:28:28 »

I've never attended friendlies
Last one i attended was v Wham,cant remember if it was late 70s early 80s though  Huh?
It kicked off in the Brunel rooms on the Friday night,The Jam were playing and the "banter" carried on right through the Saturday.Must be the most unfriendly  friendly ever .
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Monday, July 21, 2014, 20:40:16 »

I thought this game was tomorrow! Oh well.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Flashheart

« Reply #369 on: Monday, July 21, 2014, 20:54:45 »

The last time I went to a friendly was at some place just outside of Swindon, I remember having to walk back him because we couldn't get a taxi.

The only thing I remember about the match was Luc Nijholt sweating like a rapist on trial. It was on a big field and the game was just part of the entertainment as there was a band on and all sorts. One got fucking hammered, it was a good day.

True, cool, story bro.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Monday, July 21, 2014, 21:19:38 »

Just got home - will write a quick summery for those actually interested (don't think many are judging by comments)

Saints dominated first 15 and only looked a matter of time before they'd score (their new number 7 striker - Pelle is absolutely massive btw!!). Good save from Wes after Clynne was kind of put in. We came back into it a but but couldn't really create anything and couldn't really stick up top. Luongo looked very sharp and Thompson's put in hearty challenges as they always do.

Second half, conceded goal from corner, kind of fumbled in by Wes but not really expected to save it. They took off all their starting 11 at about 60 mins and we brought on Barker. Then, when we took off Smith and Williams (who both couldn't hold it up all night) and brought on Waldon and Randall, those 2 and Barker linked up very well and we looked much a better side. Bartram got a lot more of the ball and a lot more space and we looked menacing - Waldon took it round keeper but lost balance as covering defenders were on the line, nearly fell to Barker.

Overall, reasonably promising, Branco probably MOTM. Still 2 cb's short and a big striker who can hold it up! Saints will be fine this season too.
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Monday, July 21, 2014, 21:31:13 »

Interesting what you say about Waldon, Barker and Randall looking more threatening than Smith and Williams. I wasn't there tonight but did see them at Eastleigh and thought exactly the same. Though it's hard to imagine a more lightweight attacking trio

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Monday, July 21, 2014, 21:32:55 »

Interesting what you say about Waldon, Barker and Randall looking more threatening than Smith and Williams. I wasn't there tonight but did see them at Eastleigh and thought exactly the same. Though it's hard to imagine a more lightweight attacking trio
They look more lightweight at appearance but certainly use their body better to hold the ball up. Williams in particular seems to let defenders come through him..
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Monday, July 21, 2014, 22:17:24 »

Disappointed in Smith & Williams. Hooiveld makes Darren Ward look quick and neither of them exploited him.

We were pretty decent though. Need strikers and someone to replace Byrne but other wise we were generally good on the ball. Both Thompsons were very good, Branco had a pretty solid game and Luongo was composed in the middle.

Young lads did well when they came on. Southamptons no 16 Ward-Prowse has a mint right foot and that's what cost us in the end.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Monday, July 21, 2014, 23:53:00 »

I'm excited about the coming season....atm we look to have  a squad way too thin for maintaining L1 football, surely we have to get in some reinforcements...who might they be, and will they be up to the job? Sphincter clutching stuff...I've no idea how it will work out, but am hoping for the best.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 43   Go Up
Print
Jump to: