Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 43   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Friendlies 2013  (Read 116123 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 21:36:07 »

Totally agree. The midfield was very fluid 1st half tonight (in a good way) it just looked like it needed a centre forward who would stay central and do the basics well and allow the other 5 to link up. Benson or collins could do this. Williams can't really

For me Williams strength is in his running. He scares the shit out of defenders when he does. Holding the ball up, no.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 21:51:33 »

Did not really know what to expect tonight but thought it was a good workout as Ciren certainly were up for it and we kept the ball and moved it around well which was good to see. Could have been three goals up at half-time but looks as if we are missing the real clinical goal scorer that every team needs.

Second half was good in parts - all the changes took a while to settle and thought McEveley and TAH looked fairly comfortable considering their match fitness must be well behind a majority of the rest of the squad.

Will be interesting to see the lineup against Peterboro and I would assume the team that was on in the first half would be the starters, but then again managers sometimes see things differently so what do I know!

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 21:52:34 »

Is it me or does Troy look like he's gotten a lot smaller?
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 21:53:52 »

If it's to do with players, should be the manager explains why they're being left out. The board should keep well out of commenting on playing side (and that's not just this board, but any board) until it's time to explain that the manager's been sacked because results/performances weren't good enough or the occasional   vague "Are You Being Served?" Young Mr Young style "You're all doing terribly well" if things are OK.

But if they are being left out for financial reasons I guess the board should comment. 

Do players get appearance bonuses or is that usually the sort of thing you pay to a club that you bought the player from?

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 21:55:12 »

Seen a couple of people praise him. I think I should qualify my comment of having a poor game.

Physically he looks good. Good movement. Willing to take the ball and willing to battle to get it back after a mistake. Hence 'has something about him'.

The 'poor game' came about because nearly every time he got the ball he took too long to pass or shoot or gave the ball away!

It definitely felt like he was a couple of weeks behind in terms of match sharpness. Reckon he'll be handy assuming the expected sharpening up comes.

would agree with you there. There is definitely something there.

I've not seen anyone mention Harley really but he looked good to me. Little rusty as expected but he was confident on the ball and sprayed it about nicely.
Cibocchi_Is_God

The Italian Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 21:56:53 »

Could be that they are being disruptive amongst the camp? Especially seeing as it's been known publicly for months that we've trying to bomb them all out.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 21:58:21 »

would agree with you there. There is definitely something there.

I've not seen anyone mention Harley really but he looked good to me. Little rusty as expected but he was confident on the ball and sprayed it about nicely.

Seemingly a good addition then...........

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 21:59:58 »

Could be that they are being disruptive amongst the camp? Especially seeing as it's been known publicly for months that we've trying to bomb them all out.

Really can't imagine that Benson is disruptive around the camp. And all Rooney is going to do is teach the youngsters how to run like that.
Panda Paws

« Reply #263 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 22:03:18 »

Caddis is most definitely not disruptive. He was their alongside Cooper tonight, and was at Fairford last week chatting with the youngsters etc. Model pro in the respect.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 22:04:18 »

Caddis is most definitely not disruptive. He was their alongside Cooper tonight, and was at Fairford last week chatting with the youngsters etc. Model pro in the respect.

I'd love him to stay, but would feel for Thompson..

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 23:01:58 »

Is it me or does Troy look like he's gotten a lot smaller?

It's his knees, they just had to kept hacking them back till they found something that was healthy.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Wednesday, July 31, 2013, 04:11:59 »

Meet Roy Archiville.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Wednesday, July 31, 2013, 05:44:12 »

I expect those frozen out have

1. Some sort of appearance bonus and/or win bonus
2. Some sort of transfer fee clause 'when they play x number of games we owe...'
3. The 'Pook' rule - ie play 20 times and you get another year on your contract
Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Wednesday, July 31, 2013, 06:29:27 »

Or maybe they're concerned about them picking up an injury.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Wednesday, July 31, 2013, 07:20:34 »

Does anybody know who the new member of the coacing staff is that Sam referred to on Twitter and whether they are temp or permanent?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 43   Go Up
Print
Jump to: