Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Charlie Austin  (Read 49534 times)
DRS

« Reply #15 on: Monday, June 3, 2013, 13:58:48 »

I wish he'd hurry up and move to Celtic for stupid money.
Wouldn't get your hopes up. We wont see hardly fuckall money
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, June 3, 2013, 14:03:26 »

Wouldn't get your hopes up. We wont see hardly fuckall money
I thought there was a decent sell on clause?

"Away from the County Ground, reports are surfacing of QPR's interest in Charlie Austin.

Town have a sell-on entitlement in any future profit Burnley make on Austin, but it is being suggested that the striker will not be leaving Turf Moor this month."
http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/10196990.Deadline_Day_Live/

Hopefully if it's accurate then even if it's a pittance it'll be some money for the club
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, June 3, 2013, 14:13:02 »

Im sure when SWP first took over he implied in a radio interview that it would be approx 10-15% of the profit Burnley make.
DRS

« Reply #18 on: Monday, June 3, 2013, 14:18:10 »

I have heard that most of the sell on goes elsewhere and we get very little. How true I don't know
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, June 3, 2013, 15:27:30 »

Presumably if the stuff posted is true then his valuation will go down a lot.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, June 3, 2013, 15:54:03 »

Was always on it when he played down here, top bloke.

Hmmmmmmm

Would the random drugs test have not picked that up?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, June 3, 2013, 16:00:20 »

Football drug testing is a joke, if they tested the way they do in the Olympics there wouldn't be a game come Saturday.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, June 3, 2013, 17:13:23 »

Celtic can't afford him but Villa are waiting on bids for Benteke before pouncing for Chas at a reduced fee of about £4 million compared to his value in January of much more than that.
Hmmm
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, June 3, 2013, 17:27:49 »

[obvious joke] is this where the chant Charlie "Charlie" Austin comes from [/obvious joke]

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, June 3, 2013, 18:55:21 »

Anyone that ventured out on a saturday night well charlie was here would have known this, old news now though.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, June 3, 2013, 19:55:11 »

That explains it...the reason why he was Grinning like a madman last season with us when he played in that snowstorm....must have thought he was in heaven.

I like him.....done brilliant,just hope he aint buying off Tullisa at the County Ground come gig time!
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, June 3, 2013, 20:21:34 »

Found guilty according to BBC Wilts.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, June 3, 2013, 20:30:13 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-22759753
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, June 3, 2013, 20:38:00 »

How classy!  Huh?
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, June 3, 2013, 20:38:09 »

Burnley footballer Charlie Austin has been found guilty of assaulting a man in a night club.

Swindon Magistrates' Court heard the 23-year-old punched Sam Webb, 20, in the face after an altercation in Bushwackers in Swindon on 13 October.

The former Swindon Town striker had denied the charge and said he was acting in self-defence.

He was found guilty of common assault by beating, fined £1,800 and ordered to pay £1,320 in costs.

The court was told that Mr Austin and his partner Bianca Parker, who live in Ramsbottom near Burnley, had returned to Swindon to visit Ms Parker's parents.

On the night of Saturday 13 October the couple were in the club in Swindon town centre.

Mr Webb told the court that he had disturbed Mr Austin in a toilet cubicle where he saw the footballer "hunched over" the toilet bowl.

'Sniffing sound'

He said he heard a "sniffing sound" and suspected Mr Austin was using some kind of street drug.

Mr Webb said as a Swindon Town fan he recognised him and asked him why he was taking drugs when he was a professional footballer.

He said Mr Austin then swung at him in the toilet and missed, but later confronted him back in the club.

Mr Webb said he walked up to him and punched him "square in face" and "in revenge" because he was annoyed at being disturbed.

Mr Austin refuted any allegations of drug-taking saying it would end his career as a professional footballer as the FA carries out random drug-testing.

He claimed he was using a cubicle as the urinals were busy and said the door was opened by a group of men who were filming him on their phones because of who he was.

Mr Austin said he had experienced problems in Swindon since his transfer to Burnley in January 2011, from fans who were annoyed by his transfer.

He said he left the toilet and Mr Webb and another man came towards him in "a threatening manner" and he punched him in self defence.

Magistrates decided that there had been no threatening behaviour from the witness, so Mr Austin had no grounds to claim self defence.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: