Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Charlie Austin  (Read 49542 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Sunday, November 9, 2014, 19:24:59 »

Best finisher I have seen in town shirt.

The 'knack' cannot be coached into a player and he's got it!

Agreed, his goal poaching reminded me of Lineker when he was with us, just always happened to be in the right place at the right time.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Sunday, November 9, 2014, 19:41:11 »

Hart kicked it twice, the first time nicked with his wrong foot . You can't take a free kick to yourself, plus it has to leave the area.

As a hapless Sunday League keeper, I actually knew this rule. Sadly, goal kicks not leaving the area are a relatively regular occurrence.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Sunday, November 9, 2014, 19:46:36 »

As a hapless Sunday League keeper, I actually knew this rule. Sadly, goal kicks not leaving the area are a relatively regular occurrence.
kick it harder then!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #138 on: Sunday, November 9, 2014, 20:00:15 »

He'd spill his beer
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Sunday, November 9, 2014, 20:07:10 »

He has banged in goals at every level he has played at. He's a natural goal scorer.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Sunday, November 9, 2014, 20:35:15 »

Agreed, his goal poaching reminded me of Lineker when he was with us, just always happened to be in the right place at the right time.
When was Lineker with us  Hmmm
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Sunday, November 9, 2014, 20:37:08 »

Don't you remember....Jeez.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Sunday, November 9, 2014, 21:44:44 »

He's a proper throwback English striker, playing, based on the last couple of games I've seen, for a proper throwback English team. Was quite entertaining watching a team like Man City, with the sort of quick, technical players who epitomise the modern game, completely unable to get to grips with him.

20 years ago, he'd probably have been an England regular, and playing for a top 4 team - he's very much in the mould of Shearer, Fowler, Sheringham etc. - but in the modern game, with an emphasis on pace and technical ability, think he'll get overlooked for the likes of Welbeck, Berahino, Sturridge, Rodriquez etc. who are quicker and more skilful, even though he's probably a better natural goal-scorer than them all.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Sunday, November 9, 2014, 22:09:14 »

He's a proper throwback English striker, playing, based on the last couple of games I've seen, for a proper throwback English team. Was quite entertaining watching a team like Man City, with the sort of quick, technical players who epitomise the modern game, completely unable to get to grips with him.

20 years ago, he'd probably have been an England regular, and playing for a top 4 team - he's very much in the mould of Shearer, Fowler, Sheringham etc. - but in the modern game, with an emphasis on pace and technical ability, think he'll get overlooked for the likes of Welbeck, Berahino, Sturridge, Rodriquez etc. who are quicker and more skilful, even though he's probably a better natural goal-scorer than them all.
no chance. . . he"s white.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Sunday, November 9, 2014, 22:53:15 »

Apologies for lack of clarity, I meant whilst watching Charlie play for us he reminded me of Lineker.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Sunday, November 9, 2014, 23:24:11 »

Apologies for lack of clarity, I meant whilst watching Charlie play for us he reminded me of Lineker.
I knew that really  Wink
deltaincline

« Reply #146 on: Sunday, November 9, 2014, 23:43:10 »

I agree with a lot of that, Brucie, but week in, week out, he's a luxury player at that level.

As good as his goal instincts are, he's no better than players such as Kevin Phillips, Darren Bent etc.

He's certainly nowhere near as good as Shearer, Fowler or Sheringham were as they all had pace and the ability to run with the ball, as well as knowing where the net was.

He's in a purple patch at the minute, but Redknapp will be well aware of his weaknesses - and lets face it, they are the reasons he's at QPR.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him flogged in January for big money to a club desperate to buy some goals (circa £10m) but I'd be fucking amazed if he ever got a big club move, let alone anywhere near the England first team squad.

Fair play to him though. Bricky to the Premiership, with £17k a week and all the pussy he can handle, is not bad for an ignorant thick cunt from Berkshire  Clap

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Sunday, November 9, 2014, 23:51:56 »

Do Liverpool count as a big club? They love spunking money on British players in good form but not quite top class.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Monday, November 10, 2014, 10:04:12 »

I agree with a lot of that, Brucie, but week in, week out, he's a luxury player at that level.

Sometimes people get so carried away with continental formations and players with unpronounceable names, they forget football is about winning points of which sticking the ball in the net is an integral part.

Austin has 6 goals in 10 games this season (more than Rooney, Wellbeck and Lambert combined).

His goals have earned QPR 7 out of their 8 points so far this season.

And he tore the Man City defence a new one at the weekend.

Luxury player my arse.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Monday, November 10, 2014, 10:13:26 »

Sometimes people get so carried away with continental formations and players with unpronounceable names, they forget football is about winning points of which sticking the ball in the net is an integral part.

Austin has 6 goals in 10 games this season (more than Rooney, Wellbeck and Lambert combined).

His goals have earned QPR 7 out of their 8 points so far this season.

And he tore the Man City defence a new one at the weekend.

Luxury player my arse.

This

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: