Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Moving Fee's  (Read 2431 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 15:38:07 »

OK, So me and the wife are looking at moving house, I'm just trying to get a rough idea of what fees I will be looking at paying aside from the mortgage fee which is obviously dependant on what deal you go for.

What are rough fees, for solicitor and surveyors and any others I've probably missed.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 15:40:32 »

We're looking at moving in the near future too, any recommendations for a decent estate agent who can value our house/put it on the market?

(Apologies for piggybacking your thread, Chubbs, just seemed a bit pointless starting a new one) Smiley
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 15:42:58 »

For a decent solicitor, a sale and purchase is going to set you back somewhere around £1,500.

Survey depends on what you want/need. If it's a fairly new house then the mortgage lenders basic valuation will probably be enough. They range from free up to about £400. The next step up is a Home Buyer report which is usually between £500 to £1,000. Full structural report will depend on the property but can be £2,000+.

Don't forget stamp duty if you're buying over £125,000.

Most mortgage arrangement fees can be added to the loan, you usually just pay a booking/application fee up front which is a couple of hundred quid.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 15:51:13 »

For a decent solicitor, a sale and purchase is going to set you back somewhere around £1,500.

Survey depends on what you want/need. If it's a fairly new house then the mortgage lenders basic valuation will probably be enough. They range from free up to about £400. The next step up is a Home Buyer report which is usually between £500 to £1,000. Full structural report will depend on the property but can be £2,000+.

Don't forget stamp duty if you're buying over £125,000.

Most mortgage arrangement fees can be added to the loan, you usually just pay a booking/application fee up front which is a couple of hundred quid.

Cheers sam,

Ideally I would like to pay as much of the fees out right from savings, but if im short can stamp duty be added onto the mortgage?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 15:51:50 »

We're looking at moving in the near future too, any recommendations for a decent estate agent who can value our house/put it on the market?

(Apologies for piggybacking your thread, Chubbs, just seemed a bit pointless starting a new one) Smiley
Work it out yourself.

Look at http://www.zoopla.co.uk/house-prices/ and put in your postcode. You can then see what everything around you has sold for.

Compare that with whats currently for sale on www.rightmove.co.uk and you will get a good idea of what sells and what doesn't.

You can them get a number of estate agents around and see what they will do for you and how much it will cost you.

Remember, its not about choosing an estate agent that values your house the highest, its about getting in an estate agent that will be able to sell your house in the time period that you want.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 15:53:26 »

Cheers sam,

Ideally I would like to pay as much of the fees out right from savings, but if im short can stamp duty be added onto the mortgage?

Can't technically be added, but (if there's scope) you could possibly borrow a bit more on the mortgage to leave extra in your savings to cover fees.

What you need is a good mortgage broker Wink hint hint (speak to me).
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 15:54:12 »

3% stamp duty above £250,000 chubbster  Wink
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 15:59:02 »

Can't technically be added, but (if there's scope) you could possibly borrow a bit more on the mortgage to leave extra in your savings to cover fees.

What you need is a good mortgage broker Wink hint hint (speak to me).
We are going to view a house which form the photos we would be more than happy putting an offer in, so I may be in touch :-)

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 15:59:46 »

I wish I earned enough to be able to buy a 250k house :-)
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 16:56:54 »

We are going to view a house which form the photos we would be more than happy putting an offer in, so I may be in touch :-)

Stick the photos up on here - I'm sure there are plenty of TEFers who would be keen to offer their opinions on the place Smiley

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: