Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 'Fredi'  (Read 13020 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, May 28, 2013, 22:49:29 »

Posted this on the rumours thread, from Al Mc twitter a minute or two ag, on his way home from Brentford?

Alan McCormack ‏@almc16 1m
M4 is  lonely dark place at this time of night. Not to mention they've closed it between 2 jcts. FML......
or Heathrow, Slough, Reading...
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, May 28, 2013, 22:56:15 »

Im sure he could have waited to travel there until tomorrow rather than this time of night

It isn't transfer deadline day
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, May 28, 2013, 23:42:40 »

Macca was great at centre back in league 2 but found wanting there at the higher level, was a liability too often at full-back and decent but not spectacular in midfield. I'd be shocked if we couldn't find an equivalent replacement central midfielder at lower wages, but we'd need to find a good leader to take over the captaincy as well.
kerry red

« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 06:32:14 »

Ward?
DRS

« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 06:36:01 »

Talking of leadership.It still grates me that he didnt step up for a penalty.Don't know why but it just does.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 06:38:52 »

Talking of leadership.It still grates me that he didnt step up for a penalty.Don't know why but it just does.
Moaning cunt. Always finding something to whinge about...

It's All Good..............
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 06:40:22 »

I like many of McCormack's attributes and I want him to stay but he's replaceable in all aspects discussed.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 06:41:59 »

I'm the same. Well it doesn't grate on me now, but I don't get why he didn't take a penalty either, leaving it up to a nervy 19 year old. He should have been big enough and man enough to take one.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DRS

« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 07:45:18 »

Thank fuck for that.Thought it was just me
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 07:50:58 »

I'm the same. Well it doesn't grate on me now, but I don't get why he didn't take a penalty either, leaving it up to a nervy 19 year old. He should have been big enough and man enough to take one.

Could it have been that McCormack takes a shit penalty and Storey takes a great one, in training at least.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 08:20:51 »

Could it have been that McCormack takes a shit penalty and Storey takes a great one, in training at least.

Taking a penalty in training and taking a penalty in front of thousands of Brentford fans willing you to miss in a high pressured environment are 2 totally different things.

I was quite surprised that McCormack 'shirked' responsibilty a little.

Fair fucks to Storey for stepping up.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 08:25:35 »

All true, but you can't have players who take shit penalties stepping up just because they're experienced.

Tommy Miller's penalty record before he joined us was one of the best in the game. No ones suggesting we should have brought him on (for obvious reasons).

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 13:18:04 »

Storey said he fancied it. If a player wants it then let them take one.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 14:52:58 »

Taking a penalty in training and taking a penalty in front of thousands of Brentford fans willing you to miss in a high pressured environment are 2 totally different things.

True. But if someone is shit at penalties in training I doubt thousands of Brentford fans willing them to miss would improve them.
Storey wanted it and he fucked up. We move on.

It's All Good..............
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 14:55:03 »

True. But if someone is shit at penalties in training I doubt thousands of Brentford fans willing them to miss would improve them.
Storey wanted it and he fucked up. We move on.

Just because you and Horlock have trains as avatars doesn't mean you have to side with him!

But fair points made by you both, lets move on.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: