Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 60   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The 'Summer' of Cricket thread 2013  (Read 136574 times)
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Sunday, June 2, 2013, 11:10:45 »

NZ 92-1 off 19. A good launching pad for a score well in excess of 250.

Like Friday Woakes and Dernbach being milked seriously easily for over 6 an over.
DMR

« Reply #61 on: Sunday, June 2, 2013, 12:18:14 »

I quite like Denbach but if Chris Woakes is an England player I am an a wagon wheel
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Sunday, June 2, 2013, 13:21:04 »

NZ batting really well, but bowling/fielding from England has been pretty ordinary at best! Don't rate Woakes/Dernbach personally but I can't see the selectors changing it until after the Champions Trophy at the earliest.

#VivaKenBarlow!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Sunday, June 2, 2013, 13:27:34 »

Well, this is going to be one hell of chase if we get anywhere near it, credit to NZ that was outstanding. Shows how much we need Broad and Finn fit. My emmity for Dernbach grows once more, 9 an over from a frontline quick...

Woakes to me looks like a seam bowling Adil Rashid, good domestically but lacking that extra bit of quality and very much a bits and pieces all rounder...of the type NZ usually have 4-5 of in a team, the Grant Elliots and James Franklins
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Sunday, June 2, 2013, 18:28:12 »

Dernbach I don't think is in the Champ trophy squad which is a right bonus!  Essentially in the side for his variations which seem to have been found out.  He and Woakes had zero threat during those middle overs and couldn't keep it tight either which was a git.

The importance of Finn and Broad underlined right there.

Trott batted well and got a ton at better than a run a ball but was let down by Bell, Cook, Root and Morgan getting a start but not going on to make anything substantial.  But then again Trott dropped Guptill when he had about 20 I think.

Also think England should have learnt from how NZ accumulated there total.  In the first 40 they didn't hit masses of boundaries but utilised the big outfield with loads of 2's through clever placement and made hay in the last 10.  Bell played like an hyperactive kid and needs a score.  I heard it mentioned he hasn't scored a ton for England in a year but not sure if that's true.  Then during the Root/Trott partnership where they got going by hitting the out boundary but mixed in the with lots of brisk running then Root slapped one down long ons throat.

With the absence of KP there a lot more emphasis on Morgan to provide the x factor. The problem there is his lack of cricket.  He spent most of the IPL sat on the bench and I am not sure how much cricket he has played since he returned.

I'm sure there are bits in there people will agree/disagree with.

I think the Saffers will win the champs trophy for what its worth.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Sunday, June 2, 2013, 18:57:43 »

Trott impressed me today, batted well and deserved a ton, it's a shame none of the others went on as well! Without KP I think we have a lack of 'x factor' you were talking about FCB. Morgan seems to be a shadow of his former self in ODI's, and NZ had McCullum come in at the end to bash it about. The pressure was off for NZ as they did the hardwork at the start of the innings and England were always playing catch up, so whenever wickets fell that pressure was always climbing! Fair play to NZ outplayed England in both games so far and a dead rubber on Wednesday. I think England will make a couple of changes to get the likes of Bairstow a game before the Champions Trophy.

My money would be on South Africa or India (who chased down 330 odd against Sri Lanka at Edgbaston for anyone who saw that on Sky) to win the Champions Trophy!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Sunday, June 2, 2013, 19:37:45 »

I think that they are also looking for Buttler to provide the 'X-factor'. Didn't watch it all today. I had to stop watching when Bell got out, but I could hear it in the background and it didn't sound too clever.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Sunday, June 2, 2013, 21:26:29 »

Where the fuck is Prior!

Surely he has got to be given a place.

Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, June 4, 2013, 17:55:35 »

I did notice that the Aussies were bowles out for 65 against India today, losing by 243 runs.

And Clarke's back is playing up again...

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, June 4, 2013, 18:13:45 »

All that carrying he is doing.
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, June 4, 2013, 18:18:06 »

I'm going to Edgbaston on Saturday.  The way that both England and the Aussies are playing at the moment, it could be all over by mid-afternoon!   Hmmm
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, June 4, 2013, 18:34:29 »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Miles

At the Swindon club for a while.

Think he took six wickets last week.

Very promising start to his County career...not seen him in action......any England prospects i wonder?

Have a good day on Sunday Pissy....take your suncream!
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 4, 2013, 18:36:25 by leefer » Logged
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, June 4, 2013, 18:49:02 »

Went to Bradon, brother of Adam who was my club and school captain and has played a few FC himself as a keeper.

Nice to see another Swindon lad doing well, think it's a bit early to use the E word mind, not many from Gloucs get a look in.
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, June 4, 2013, 18:52:52 »

Yes, Miles took 6 for 88 (and 1 for 47) at Liverpool last week.  He also took 6 for 99 at Worcester a couple of weeks ago.  I was there on Day One of that match, when Gloucester were batting and he scored 5 off 5 balls at the tail end of their innings.  I didn't get to see the couple of overs he bowled at the end of the first day, though, as I had to leave to get the train.  One to keep an eye on.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, June 4, 2013, 18:54:46 »

Went to Bradon, brother of Adam who was my club and school captain and has played a few FC himself as a keeper.

Nice to see another Swindon lad doing well, think it's a bit early to use the E word mind, not many from Gloucs get a look in.

Adam, is with the Cardiff MCCU, so he must be decent, although the gap to proper 1st Class  is massive....Hildreth and Compton put on 450 against them last season.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 60   Go Up
Print
Jump to: