Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: why do stfc have so may enemies  (Read 8308 times)
Topcat

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 20:17:41 »

More recently teams dislike us because of PDC and everything that came with him which made us an easy target. Then you have the press branding us cheats and shit radio progs like Jeremy Vine saying we were atrocious for letting Mcormick train with us. That and we had a good budget for a couple of years which attracts some grief.

Teams that hate us like Aldershot, Gillingham, Bournemouth and Tranmere make me laugh. Really? They must be desperate for a rivalry as I can't say any of them register on my radar as rivals. I actually find it quite funny.

For me our rivals are, in order of importance, Oxford, Bristol shitty, brovers and at a push Reading.

Other teams that attribute rivalries or dislike on us just make me chuckle.

I see on a Bristol city site they cant wait to play us and reckn they will bring 3500 here easily. How the mighty big city club have fallen

@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 20:23:00 »

dont forget he also got homesick when he signed for west ham and didnt stay there very long as the 50 miles was too far away from mummy

Didn't play a game for them IIRC
And if it weren't for the TE I would have forgotten all about him

Never understand why we continually sing about the pox no matter who we are playing  Bad Mood
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 20:25:10 »

Never understand why we continually sing about the pox no matter who we are playing  Bad Mood

Because they are the bile of football and we of a certain age hate them.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 20:35:11 »

That's mild batch.
Topcat

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 20:35:58 »

I read a quote fro a bristol city fan who went to thehome play off match against Brentford and hereckons that the first five songs that were sung were all anti Bristol songs so he was happy that we will be playing themnext season
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 20:36:51 »

True, I do hate City too. So its not all bad next year, we will beat them and be crowned best in the west.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 20:38:05 »

I read a quote fro a bristol city fan who went to thehome play off match against Brentford and hereckons that the first five songs that were sung were all anti Bristol songs so he was happy that we will be playing themnext season
One song sung half way during the game. 
Topcat

« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 20:40:19 »

True, I do hate City too. So its not all bad next year, we will beat them and be crowned best in the west.

according to them swindle as they call us are a mickey mouse club and the town is a shithole
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 20:42:08 »

according to them swindle as they call us are a mickey mouse club and the town is a shithole

Yes, but the Slave Traders have dillusions of grandeur where they think they are big enough to sustain a Premier League challenge. Thankfully the natural order has been restored.
Topcat

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 20:43:55 »

Yes, but the Slave Traders have dillusions of grandeur where they think they are big enough to sustain a Premier League challenge. Thankfully the natural order has been restored.

yes their not much bigger that the gasheads now and like us they wont be getting a new ground in the near future!!!
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 21:16:34 »

Bloody pikeys have a one minded rivalry, they think it exists we don't even notice them.

We got some stick from some Depreston north end fans earlier in the year.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 21:55:36 »

Brighton
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 22:21:29 »

Because the TEF is a much better website than anyone else has.

Seriously, using this is an ergonomic dream compared to some of the sites other forums use.
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 22:25:35 »

Because the TEF is a much better website than anyone else has.

Seriously, using this is an ergonomic dream compared to some of the sites other forums use.

One word: Cloudflare  Suicide

Wink

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 22:54:01 »

I'm sure we all smiled to see City & Reading relegated, and probably would if Rovers had gone the same way.

We would all piss ourselves if Oxford suffered the same fate.

Brentford is surely just because they happened to be who we played, we would probably have taken the piss out of them had we have won.

The Pikeys has for the most part been a one way thing for years now. In the late 70's & early 80's just after the punch up at the CG we were a bit bothered, but most of us have moved on, unfortunately they don't seem able to. 

I guess it's because they don't have anyone else to have a rivalry with, which probably explains Aldershot as well.

The more 'rivals' the better. adds to the games. If we spend 4/5 seasons in the same league as Coventry I can see something starting to develop...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: