Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: why do stfc have so may enemies  (Read 8183 times)
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 22:56:11 »

We don't.

All fans think loads of others hate their team.

It's like a weird superiority complex.
Many other fans dislike us, there are league one pages/groups on facebook, Sheffield United and Swindon seem to be the most disliked teams.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 22:56:31 »

Wait, Aldershot don't like us? That has literally never registered on me.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 22:58:09 »

Who are Aldershot?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 23:06:26 »

Who are Aldershot?

Readings traditional rivals.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 23:07:39 »

Yeovil don't really like us either.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 23:09:39 »

Yeovil don't really like us either.

Who are Yeovil?
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 23:11:50 »

Brighton, Tranmere, Bournemouth, Cheltenham....
OrangeTransits

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 01:01:20 »

True, I do hate City too. So its not all bad next year, we will beat them and be crowned best in the west.

Umm, Best in the West..... Lets just hope Brentford beat Yeovil at Wemberley then !!!!

You'll never take the Townend !!!!!!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 06:28:45 »

Umm, Best in the West..... Lets just hope Brentford beat Yeovil at Wemberley then !!!!

Jesus, I forgot about sodding Yeovil.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 06:34:15 »

Because we spent money and had a reasonable level of success. The hatred spews from jealousy. Anyone remember the shit Notts County got a few years ago when they spent a bit??
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 07:13:56 »

Because we spent money and had a reasonable level of success. The hatred spews from jealousy. Anyone remember the shit Notts County got a few years ago when they spent a bit??

Exactly, we were successful and high profile for a season or so, it will all calm down again.

Interestingly (no really) in the WSC Season review at the start of this season I expected all the D4 teams from last year to state they hated us for all the press Paolo's antics got etc last year and we were genrally respected.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 09:11:22 »

We are disliked by quite a few clubs, definitely noticed that at uni when wearing my town shirt.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 09:30:24 »

Exactly, we were successful and high profile for a season or so, it will all calm down again.

Interestingly (no really) in the WSC Season review at the start of this season I expected all the D4 teams from last year to state they hated us for all the press Paolo's antics got etc last year and we were genrally respected.

Indeed, in long term most of the teams (bar our traditional rivals) dont give a shit about us.

As DMR said we arent as important as we would like to think we are
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 09:34:18 »

Brighton, Tranmere, Bournemouth, Cheltenham....

I think Walsall took a dislike to us last year as well.

It's what happens when you are successful. Over the last 2 years we have been rather good and other teams don't like that. I'm sure if we have a mediocre season next year, other teams will stop being bothered by us.
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 11:20:03 »

We are disliked by quite a few clubs, definitely noticed that at uni when wearing my town shirt.

In my experience from day to day it's the big-club fans that take a dislike most when they learn of my allegiance to Swindon.

It's a power in numbers thing. I got the same grief at secondary school, being the only Swindon fan there. You're an easy target when you support an "unfashionable" club. Rather than be commended for bucking the trend and defying the temptation (though I never got the allure) of following Man United, Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal et al, you're more likely to be viewed with hostility and suspicion- as if you're diseased somehow. If they have a go at you they know that there's few, more likely no-one to back you up. You are on your own and must deal with the barbs thrown your way. It breeds character.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: