Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: To freesat from sky?  (Read 8040 times)
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 21:13:06 »

Yeah but the broadband is still.shit  Crash
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 21:36:18 »

The fibre optic is alright, the home hub does annoy the shit out of me though but that's quite standard for any wireless device.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, January 15, 2015, 17:26:59 »

Sorry to resurrect this, just off hired sky as watch bugger all on it really and costing an arm and leg.
Mrs watches all the shit soaps on free terrestrial channels and we watch a lot of Amazon prime or netflix anyway.

So is it worth buying a free sat box ? Or a skyforfreeview card ?

She wants a record facility but bluray player and TV have catch up on anyway

Hmmm
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, January 15, 2015, 17:33:09 »

I ditched Sky in favour of freesat. Get a freesat box, which will allow you to record and pause/rewind live tv.

Sky are a bunch of rip off cunts.

It's All Good..............
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, January 15, 2015, 18:06:40 »

a fresatfrimsky card is a pointless purchase. your deactivated sky card will do the same thing. neither will allow you to record once your sky subs expires.

I ended up keeping sky as they gave me 50% off for a year.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, January 15, 2015, 18:13:55 »

I ditched Sky in favour of freesat. Get a freesat box, which will allow you to record and pause/rewind live tv.

Yeah just been looking at freesat boxes
Looks the way to go

a fresatfrimsky card is a pointless purchase. your deactivated sky card will do the same thing. neither will allow you to record once your sky subs expires.

I ended up keeping sky as they gave me 50% off for a year.

Yeah they did try the reduced price pitch but for what I actually watch on sky still a waste

Appreciate the feedback
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, January 15, 2015, 18:19:08 »

Just done the same, their customer service is awful. There attempt to keep me as a loyal customer included the line 'you do realise if you leave you can't come back to us for 3 years'.

Complete wankers Sky, glad to be shot of them.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, January 15, 2015, 19:04:20 »

Just done the same, their customer service is awful. There attempt to keep me as a loyal customer included the line 'you do realise if you leave you can't come back to us for 3 years'.

Complete wankers Sky, glad to be shot of them.

That's complete bollocks, if you could be bothered you should moan. They'll be sending you 50%, 60, maybe 75% off fliers in the next few months! You only have to wait 1 year to qualify for new customer status FFS!

But yes, I nearly cancelled as well. The way I looked at it was the package I now have is now £16.50 for a month  (£198 p/a). The Humax 1000s freesat box is £169.99 (new), so is it worth £30 of my money? For me it is, what with the kids channels, and Fox and stuff. Though clearly after 10 months the freesat box would have paid for itself.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, January 15, 2015, 19:05:40 »

Appreciate the feedback

As long as you know that the freesat card/expired sky card won't let you record, that's the main thing.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, January 15, 2015, 19:53:32 »

That's complete bollocks, if you could be bothered you should moan. They'll be sending you 50%, 60, maybe 75% off fliers in the next few months! You only have to wait 1 year to qualify for new customer status FFS!

But yes, I nearly cancelled as well. The way I looked at it was the package I now have is now £16.50 for a month  (£198 p/a). The Humax 1000s freesat box is £169.99 (new), so is it worth £30 of my money? For me it is, what with the kids channels, and Fox and stuff. Though clearly after 10 months the freesat box would have paid for itself.

I know Batch, but it got so far down the line I'd had enough. They're fucking lying wankers, and the only thing I could do was withdraw my custom. Added to that their rural Internet service is fucking non existent. So cheerio it is.

So far BT's internet is better and fibre optic is coming in the next 6 months, added to that it around a 30 quid a month saving. All good.

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, January 16, 2015, 09:34:20 »

My skyhd box is in need of replacing. Playing up from time to time and is 6 years old now.
Gonna see what sky offer me as I have no intention of leaving them if they play ball.
Their tv wipes the floor with everything else.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, January 16, 2015, 11:28:37 »

if you get to the stage of threatening or actually cancelling there is a good chance of getting a free replacement.

to be honest, older 500gb/non WiFi second hand hd boxes can be got for £20 or so now anyway.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, January 16, 2015, 11:37:29 »

My skyhd box is in need of replacing. Playing up from time to time and is 6 years old now.
Gonna see what sky offer me as I have no intention of leaving them if they play ball.
Their tv wipes the floor with everything else.

What is your box doing? Freezing all the time?

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, January 16, 2015, 12:02:18 »

It had cancelled programs from the planner that were set to record. Has no program details when pressing select at times. Takes time when changing channels sometimes too. If I reboot it it's ok but think it's on the slide now.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, January 16, 2015, 13:15:53 »

Tried a planner rebuild?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: