Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: To freesat from sky?  (Read 8042 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 11:37:39 »

Currently have sky but thinking of going over to freesat. Do I need to buy anything?
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 11:52:38 by 4D » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 12:02:59 »

Your old Sky card should allow FTA/FTV viewing. Not sure if there is a difference in channel lineup between an old Sky card, and a freesatfromSky card. Didn't used to be but that was a while ago (actually a quick search suggests C5 is removed from EPG using expired Sky card). You may be able to manually tune any that are missing from the EPG.

If you need the freesatfrosky card its £25 but your old sky didgibox and dish will work fine.

Note that some "must be free" channels actually aren't on Satellite. e.g. E4 I think is a subscription channel.

Also note that your Sky+ functionality (if you have it) will not work after cancellation. And any old recordings are only viewable if you have a current valid subscription for the recorded channel.
----
Oh, if you do use your old Sky card I guess they may do a replacement card program at some point, in which case you may need to purchase the freesatfromsky card at that point.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 12:06:56 by Batch » Logged
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 12:04:48 »

Ta. Freesat has a pause/rewind live tv function, doesn't it?
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 12:05:51 »

Dont do it freesat is shit!

Who is your broadband with?

Youview is the way to, box's are £250 if you buy one from retail store but think BT are giving them away if you sign up to their broadband. Youview has the rewind, pause, etc as well as instant catch up for last 7 days.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 12:05:52 »

Only if you get a Freesat + box
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 12:07:52 »

Was assuming you were just going to use your old Sky box.

But as Si Pie said, only if you bug a new digibox.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 12:11:19 »

Dont do it freesat is shit!

Who is your broadband with?

Youview is the way to, box's are £250 if you buy one from retail store but think BT are giving them away if you sign up to their broadband. Youview has the rewind, pause, etc as well as instant catch up for last 7 days.

+1 for YouView.

IPTV channels will be coming this summer too. And if you get the box from BT you'll get a good deal on their BT Sport channels when they launch too.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 12:13:03 »

Ta. I might wait for a bit  Smiley
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 12:30:01 »

Isn't youview just a freeview/freesat + box with a load of catch up and on demand telly thrown in?

Still can't believe the prices of PVRs these days. I bought a cheap Freeview+ box when they were first released for £80 in Dixons.

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 12:57:48 »

Keep sky. Ring them and tell them you are skint and cannot afford to keep it, they should offer you discount
[email protected]

Want to change my name as this email doesn't exist

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 20:30:10 »

I moved to freesat from sky about 6 years ago when sky tried ripping me off over a box repair. Personally I think it is great as it has all of the channels I watch (except Dave which means switching over to freeview, and the occasional match on sky sports).

woolster

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 20:43:06 »

I was thinking about going with BT until the guy on the phone explained the tv channel package, it's pretty shit and for the money your better off going with freesat, also BT broadband is shite, for me it's virgin IMO
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 20:48:48 »

I was thinking about going with BT until the guy on the phone explained the tv channel package, it's pretty shit and for the money your better off going with freesat, also BT broadband is shite, for me it's virgin IMO

I have just left BT broadband for Virgin
They were expensive and very slow and despite numerous engineer call outs didn't improve
Virgin engineer tested the BT line and said I had a 2mb download  Doh
Was over 60 on virgin which worked out cheaper too Yes
Fuck BT
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 20:51:06 »

BT announced today that Premiership games will be free to watch if you get broadband from them.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 20:55:34 »

BT announced today that Premiership games will be free to watch if you get broadband from them.

Free HD for a year if you sign up before Aug 1
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: