Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who to keep and who to bin  (Read 15209 times)
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 15:27:26 »

I think people are a bit harsh on Roberts. He's probably our most created player this season.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 15:33:27 »

Perhaps K Mac can do the honours and drive the minibus away with the rest of the useless cunts.
I wish you'd fuck off you monotonous prick.

It's All Good..............
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 15:55:35 »

He's also our highest earner, for the money he's on he should be having a Ritchie style effect. Otherwise why not let him go and bring in a better player on half the wages. Maybe even lower than that...
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 16:01:20 by Visočan » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 15:59:27 »

Roberts clearly gave away the goal on 46 minutes but at least didn't hide after that. He always wanted the ball and worked hard. And had the balls to take a pressure penalty.

I know he gets stick and has been very disappointing this season, but i'm sure there is a decent league 1 player in there*

*See also Williams, A

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Dozno9

« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 16:00:55 »

I just don't think we should piss away money trying to find out.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 18:13:11 »

I just don't think we should piss away money trying to find out.

As he has another year on his contract, do you think we should pay it up & let him leave?
Dozno9

« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 18:21:18 »

As he has another year on his contract, do you think we should pay it up & let him leave?

I don't know, how much is it?
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 19:41:42 »

I don't know, how much is it?

On the basis that he's on at least 10k a week that year would be worth just over 1/2 million. Wink
Dozno9

« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 19:44:18 »

Yeah, loose change for Jed.

Seriously, I think a loan could be an option if he plays like he did this year again. I bet there's a few decent wing players knocking about on a fraction.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 19:58:48 »

People are blind when it comes to Roberts quality. Best deliverer of a ball at the club. 2 assists yesterday for example.

The guy would be in pretty much any league one squad and he needs to be kept in ours.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 20:00:38 »

People are blind when it comes to Roberts quality. Best deliverer of a ball at the club. 2 assists yesterday for example.

The guy would be in pretty much any league one squad and he needs to be kept in ours.
Also our only source of creativity in the first leg. Guess it's his apparant wages that are the issue.
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 20:08:46 »

Has McEveley really been that bad this season?! I play Saturday league football nowadays, so don't make many games, but he was very good last season, albeit in a lower league.

And herthab, I agree. He's a boring cunt

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 20:09:10 »

Roberts clearly gave away the goal on 46 minutes but at least didn't hide after that. He always wanted the ball and worked hard. And had the balls to take a pressure penalty.

I know he gets stick and has been very disappointing this season, but i'm sure there is a decent league 1 player in there*

*See also Williams, A
This
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 20:18:19 »

Agree with that.
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 20:42:56 »

I would expect that most of the players who aren't out of contract would be on the type of wages that other clubs at our level would struggle to pay, yet aren't good enough for the championship.
So, I think, regardless of whether we would like to see them stay or go, we'll still have TAH, Navarro, Roberts, L Rooney, Benson, Williams, McEveley and Ward.
Wes and Collins are likely to attract fees so I wouldn't be surprised to see them leave; in fact expecting it with Wes.

I'd like to keep Devera, Ferry, McCormack, Thompson and Flint but wouldn't be surprised to find we can't  / won't afford any of them.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: