Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brentford FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 71345 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #600 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 11:56:11 »

Read somewhere in one of the topics that KMac said he only has a deal until the end of the season on the radio and said he would be talking to JEd tonight. If he will not be here then who will renew the contracts of the likes of Flint, Thompson and Mcormack. Yes the board carry them out but surely they will say they want to wait for the new manager to decide who they want to stay.  Hmmm

Shaun Hodgetts asked if the paer talk was true that KMac only had a contract until end of season and KMac denied it - but didnt disclose length of his deal - but said he'd better go home and check his contract but that he expected to be here next season but had to speak to owners / chairman about budgets for next season so he can decide on players

It was also mentioned that there are 3 youth players invited back for pre-season so KMac can have another look at them before offering them a contract, not sure if these were included in the 5? reportedly offered deals
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #601 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 12:01:36 »

Just a guess but maybe a short run up minimises the chance of changing your mind where you are going to put it? Beppe signori used to take 1 step and was pretty good at it.

That said, I'd much rather storey took a long run up and whacked it down the middle. Ah well!
The best penalties are toe pokes down the middle. You control the direction and height easily.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #602 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 12:08:49 »

Shaun Hodgetts asked if the paer talk was true that KMac only had a contract until end of season and KMac denied it - but didnt disclose length of his deal - but said he'd better go home and check his contract but that he expected to be here next season but had to speak to owners / chairman about budgets for next season so he can decide on players

It was also mentioned that there are 3 youth players invited back for pre-season so KMac can have another look at them before offering them a contract, not sure if these were included in the 5? reportedly offered deals

I thought he had a 2 and a half year contract unless there was some get out clause if we didn't get promoted?  When did Shaun Hodgetts ask him this?

in terms of the 3 youth players being invited back for training, they are in addition to the 5 who were offered contracts.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #603 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 12:18:08 »

The best penalties are toe pokes down the middle. You control the direction and height easily.

The best penalties are the ones that go in.

You could hit a belter towards the far corner, but if the keeper guesses right!
Spud

« Reply #604 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 12:20:20 »

But it was OK when Wray would mingle with the fans?

Massive difference.

Wray wouldn't act like he was 'one of the boy's, out on the piss'.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #605 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 12:25:10 »

Oh I've heard stories about Wray's nights out... Not dissimilar to the Hangover films..
Spud

« Reply #606 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 12:26:35 »

Oh I've heard stories about Wray's nights out... Not dissimilar to the Hangover films..

Was there a Monkey involved?
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #607 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 12:27:14 »

Only the News Monkey.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #608 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 12:41:01 »

I thought he had a 2 and a half year contract unless there was some get out clause if we didn't get promoted?  When did Shaun Hodgetts ask him this?

in terms of the 3 youth players being invited back for training, they are in addition to the 5 who were offered contracts.

Was asked after yesterdays game, the length of contract was always kept quiet, the press believed it to be 2.5 years but never confirmed for some odd reason.

It is concerning that they are looking at keeping so many youth players, that is potentially 8, that is a lot of squad places taken for next season with 1st year pro's, that is the most taken on that I can remember for many years

Ignore
« Reply #609 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 12:44:04 »

The three asked to come back are the ones left from the second year scholars not already offered contracts. The fact that some are even being considered is insane. Nowhere near good enough to make pro i'm afraid.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #610 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 12:59:59 »

The three asked to come back are the ones left from the second year scholars not already offered contracts. The fact that some are even being considered is insane. Nowhere near good enough to make pro i'm afraid.

I'm not having a go arriba but do you think any of them (including those from the 5 being kept on already) are good enough to make pro?

Ignore
« Reply #611 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 13:08:59 »

I'm not having a go arriba but do you think any of them (including those from the 5 being kept on already) are good enough to make pro?

Oakley and Thompson could go on to have decent careers imo. I like Ferguson and Francis too but don't rate their chances as highly as the other 2. Waldon is a good forward but it's the hardest place of all to make it so has it all to do. The other 3 asked back have no chance imo. There are better lads playing college football.

We have let plenty of very good players go over the years who i'd argue are better then some of them kept this term as they were not up to the grade required. I'd love them all to make it and be big players for STFC,just cannot see it though.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 13:12:56 by arriba » Logged
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #612 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 13:15:49 »

Oakley and Thompson could go on to have decent careers imo. I like Ferguson and Francis too but don't rate their chances as highly as the other 2. Waldon is a good forward but it's the hardest place of all to make it so has it all to do. The other 3 asked back have no chance imo.

We have let plenty of very good players go over the years who i'd argue are better then some of them kept this term as they were not up to the grade required.

Ta. I know you will have seen a lot more of them than me (which won't be difficult as i've only watched their brief cameo's for the first team plus the youth game v Liverpool).

I too like what i see of Thompson and i know Oakley is highly rated. Ferguson not seen enough (just the youth game when he did OK but maybe not the best game to judge) and Francis and Waldon look like they try hard which is a good start if nothing else. I'm happy we're giving youth a chance as no doubt you are, it is a worry for what might happen in the summer but whatever will be will be.

I would add, which i'm sure you'll agree, just because we've let good players go in the past, it's not a reason not to keep them on. In fact maybe it's more a reason to keep them on, so we don't make the same mistake again.
phelpsieboy

« Reply #613 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 13:21:15 »

Was asked after yesterdays game, the length of contract was always kept quiet, the press believed it to be 2.5 years but never confirmed for some odd reason.

It is concerning that they are looking at keeping so many youth players, that is potentially 8, that is a lot of squad places taken for next season with 1st year pro's, that is the most taken on that I can remember for many years
Didn't Jed state they wanted to create a develoment/under 21's squad next season. Could all be for that.
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #614 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 15:15:26 »

Well, I've hurt a lot more after football games and walking away from the stadium it didn't quite feel how a penalty shoot out loss should, or normally does.  Hadn't even crossed the rail bridge behind the ground before discussion and thought centred on next year.  We'll no doubt look back at this season in the coming years with fondness, just because of the rollercoaster ride it's been.  But ultimately we'll be kicking ourselves for not getting out of a very weak league one.  With all the money sloshing around the championship, and potentially more clubs in league one still on massive PL parachute payments, it's going to be very tough over the next few years for little old Swindon working on a shoe string.

On one final note, that celebration for our third was fucking epic.  Those few minutes will last long in the memory and we may never experience anything that dramatic again (depending how old you are!).  In some ways, that goal alone and everything that went with it was more than I was hoping for out of the game. 

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43   Go Up
Print
Jump to: