Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 43   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brentford FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 71347 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #525 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 23:07:08 »

Can we keep Shaw Rosso as our Matchday Thread starter? They always brighten up my late friday nights/early saturday mornings.

There's no room for sentiment in football....ultimately SR has come up short, so questions need to be asked. It's a demanding position, SWS lost his knighthood for a lacklustre start to the season after winning Div 4.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #526 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 23:44:19 »

Haven't bothered to read back through, and I've just got back in from drowning my sorrows at the pub ( Pint) so apologies if I repeat anything/flog a dead horse.

So proud to be a Swindon fan after that display. First half was shite. Second half, with Kmacs very quick and insightful subs, was much, much better. The periods where we played the ball on the floor led to our goals, and the players can be nothing but proud as to how well they put their shifts in today. There were mistakes, yes, and people will be quick to villify certain players (Roberts/Storey/Luongo/whoever), but they all worked their socks off today, and you can't but help feeling sorry for them, as they have felt sorry for us (see various town player's twitter feeds for apologies/disappointment etc.)

Ref was fucking shite (and had a really shit moustache). Sending Byrne off for being shoved over by Donaldson onto the ball was a fucking ridiculous decison, especially considering the cheating that the Brentford players insisted on perpetuating throughout the entire game. If there was one team outside the Premiership that I would call 'cheating fucking cuntbags that sucked shite through a hose', it would definitely be Brentford. Simply on ungentlemanly conduct charges, they should have had players sent off three or four times. Donaldson deliberately placing himself in front of our centre backs and then backing into them, forcing them to stand their ground, and then appealing for a foul was such a blatant and repeated offence I am fucking pissed that the ref and linesmen didn't catch it and send him off for being a cheating bastard attempting to subvert the laws of the game.

That last minute Flint header is something I will never forget. I nearly knocked myself out jumping up and down in celebaration in my (low ceilinged) house.

We have had zero luck since the year 2013 started, and I will wager that it's only going to get worse this summer, with huge sweeping clearance sales of players, and any future redevelopment being put on hold. But, as a Swindon fan, I will, weirdly, cherish this loss for the passion and desire the players put onto the pitch, for the 1800 ST holders who turned up at 7am in the morning so they could go to West London and experience this.

We are Swindon. We have belief, we have passion, we have pride. And we will make it, one day.

On a more personal note, I am loathe to say it, but I hope Brentford win at Wembley, because if Yeovil go up I will never hear the fucking end of it. I wore my town shirt in the pub with pride tonight, and will continue to do so always. We were written off by so many (including the Sky commentary/pundit team, who were practically circle jerking about Brentford/Donaldson the entire match) , but we took it right down to the wire, and we can only have a deep sense of acheivement and pride in that.

We may not have played our best today, and our team may not have been as strong as it has been in recent years, but I feel we were cheated, and, in the future (I hope), we can look back on this day as one of the true epics.

EDIT: I retain the right to take some of this back tomorrow.
paddieu

Ignore
« Reply #527 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 00:40:51 »

Don't take it back - you got it spot-on  Smiley

Other than praising KMac for what he should have been doing all along  Cheesy
china red

« Reply #528 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 01:29:48 »

I'm just glad this season is over and that we went out with a bit of fight.

Will be very interesting to see what happens over the close season, see who leaves and who signs.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #529 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 03:35:12 »

We were that close. Not blaming Storey for volunteering, but I was nervous seeing him step up for a kick. (Flint too for that matter.) Wasn't the line-up i was expecting. Where were at least two from Ward, McCormack and De Vita?

Ah well, sod 12-13 now. It's Fods I'll miss.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 06:00:44 »

Well, result aside, I really enjoyed the day. That last minute equaliser will live long in my memory.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #531 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 06:45:39 »

What frustrates me is why do some players only take two steps to take a penalty? Is it being too cocky?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #532 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 06:54:11 »

What frustrates me is why do some players only take two steps to take a penalty? Is it being too cocky?

Just a guess but maybe a short run up minimises the chance of changing your mind where you are going to put it? Beppe signori used to take 1 step and was pretty good at it.

That said, I'd much rather storey took a long run up and whacked it down the middle. Ah well!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #533 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 07:00:15 »

Not sure if it's already been mentioned but out of 4 Brentford goals we gave them 3 on a plate.

That is quite frustrating.

Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #534 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 07:16:47 »

Just a guess but maybe a short run up minimises the chance of changing your mind where you are going to put it? Beppe signori used to take 1 step and was pretty good at it.

That said, I'd much rather storey took a long run up and whacked it down the middle. Ah well!

It wasn't a dig at storey, I just can't understand why some players do it in such an important game. You can't get enough power behind the ball surely? Some players have done it and done it well, but some players shouldn't do it.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #535 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 07:22:19 »

Can we keep Shaw Rosso as our Matchday Thread starter? They always brighten up my late friday nights/early saturday mornings.

Nope, have you not read there is a fire sale going on and it will be youths next year, I understand that we have a 7 year old lined up for starting the threads.
Flashheart

« Reply #536 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 07:28:08 »

Jed needs to stop acting like 'one of the lads' and concentrate on running the Club properly. Fucking embarrassing seeing him outside the pub with the fans.

But it was OK when Wray would mingle with the fans?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #537 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 07:36:23 »

But it was OK when Wray would mingle with the fans?
Exactly.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #538 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 07:40:54 »

Did Wray ever turn up in pubs though?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #539 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 07:44:02 »

oh dear..

https://twitter.com/JoshHadland
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 43   Go Up
Print