Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 43   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brentford FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 71340 times)
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« on: Sunday, May 5, 2013, 23:00:41 »

The opponent:  Brentford, Part 2

A thought has just occurred to me. This could be my final outing (thank god I hear you say). I hope its not. Its not just the urge to want to give some polite Asian chap £20 to use his driveway for 4 hours, or even the desperation I feel to part with the equivalent of the Greek national debt for a shit hot dog and a gallon of flat coke, or even the love of getting round some of the M25 and only giving the finger to fellow road users at least 5 times. Quite simply I would love to do a Wembley thread. This season promised so much, it always seemed we would come good when it mattered, at times our climb up this league was reminiscent of the previous season. Then along came January and things went tits up. The snipers that had been waiting for our downfall thought this was the chance they had been waiting for, but we are still here. Fuck everyone else, the petty Tranmere/Shrewsbury fans, the oddbods of Bournemouth,  PNEThor, the Banbury Massive (not you Duke), fuck ‘em all! If any fans deserve a day under the arch this season then its us. Yes, I may be rather biased, but we do. Wasn’t we found to be the 4th most stressful club in the football league to follow a few years back? I think that survey may well have been justified.
As I sit here looking at my crumpets, with just a dash of peanut butter upon them, I wonder how I will be feeling this time tomorrow night? I don’t want to be reeling out the excuses like we were never ready for The Championship anyway, I want to be travelling to some of the best grounds the country has to offer! I’m sure Brentford fans will be feeling the same, last week was as near as they have been to securing Championship football for a fair while, the disappointment for them of them falling at the very last hurdle can’t be underestimated. In the past, Brentford away has been a great away game to do, I really hope this one lives long in the memory for all the right reasons, and doesn’t end up being another Withdean.

What are they saying about us?

“Lucky Lucky Brentford.

So disappointing going for the 0 - 0 and giving the momentum to Swindon.

The difference in play in the last 20 minutes after we went behind was stark, we actually started making a game of it.

Why o why couldn't we play that way all game? Only Swindon looked like they wanted to play football”

Read more: http://www.brentford.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=2752&posts=25#ixzz2SSX1x800

Brentford Last 6 –  WWDLLD (Brentford finished 3rd on 79 points)

The Threat – If the lack of volume demonstrated by Bee’s fans on Saturday was anything to go by I would say the biggest threat might be dozing off during quiet periods of the game. Aside from that the easy to fall over striker Clayton Donaldson knows how to find the back of the net.

An Extra Warm Welcome To – Mark Devlin. Came to our club at one of the most turbulent times in our recent history and seemed a genuine chap that loves football. Good luck to you Mr Devlin, after today.

The irrelevant stats – After Saturday’s draw Brentford have now failed to win in their last 4 outings, if they could stretch that to 1 more game then I and a few thousand others would possibly be grateful 

Head to Head – In 77 league encounters, we have won 31, drawn 19 and lost 27. That didn’t take much changing really.

The Odds – Brentford 11/10   Draw 12/5   Swindon  12/5  We have not seen many odds like that for us this season, on that basis alone it has to be worth a few bob. I quite like the idea of Draw/Swindon in the half time/fulltime bet, 7/1 with Skybet.

The Son Says – My wife said she found him talking to himself on Saturday morning in the living room in a “strange” way! When questioned he said it was down to him being worried about the football later in the day. He is starting to feel the pain. He has gone for a 2-1 victory and for mum not to drive to Wembley again.

The Prediction – This has to be the toughest one for me to predict, heart and head are battling away, I have pondered for hours, desperate for a tight victory, but respect due to Brentford, they are a decent team that nearly got automatic promotion on the last day of the season. 4-0 Town. Rooney Hatrick, Flint with the other.

And Finally –  If this is the last matchday thread I have the honour of starting then can I thank you for listening to my ramblings for the best part of a season and I wish you all a pleasant and enjoyable 3 months off.

COYR COYR COYR COYR COYR COYR COYR COYR COYR COYR
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, May 5, 2013, 23:05:51 »

We'll win this 2-0
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, May 5, 2013, 23:19:16 »

If we win, I vote for Shaw Rosso to continue next season, whatever happens at Wembley. Always been a pleasure to read his matchday threads.

If we lose mind (we shouldn't lose. I keep telling myself that in the hope I'll believe it), you can fuck right off SR. In the nicest possible way.

Mind you, if we win tomorrow and then win at Wembley, perhaps some award is in order akin to Suggs'? Not that I'm getting ahead of myself or anything.

1-2 pounding tomorrow. Donaldson diving penalty and Ward and Williams
nochee

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, May 5, 2013, 23:38:10 »

Our season ends tomorrow, I'm sure of it.  Obviously, it's not what I want, but it's what I think will happen.
deltaincline

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, May 5, 2013, 23:45:32 »

Brilliant (as ever) matchday thread-starter, Rosso.

I think we'll sneak it.

On pens.

Fingers crossed:-)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, May 5, 2013, 23:45:54 »

Our season ends tomorrow, I'm sure of it.  Obviously, it's not what I want, but it's what I think will happen.

I think you mean our season ends today.

We've the answers from the Board to look forward to tomorrow
redjed

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 00:09:29 »

Shaw, I do hope that you continue next season what ever the outcome tomorrow, been a pleasure to read your summations and i think a lot of others think and feel the same way. Rosso Rules  Cheesy

Good news , its not the end of the world today, as its tomorrow in New Zealand
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 00:11:28 »

I expect today will signal the end of our season. Hope I am wrong.
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 00:14:07 »

I've got a good feeling about this.  2-1 Swindon COYR
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 05:36:07 »

We're gonna win on pens
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 06:02:19 »

We'll win on pens and K-Mac will knee-slide across the turf in his pants.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 06:19:30 »

Oh fuck....I only just recovered from Saturday....here we go again.

Let's sneak it....please!!!

Clems Army!
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #12 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 06:28:30 »

I'm going for HT SWINDON/FT DRAW and we sneak it on pens
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 06:43:08 »

I feel so sorry for your son Rosso. He's clearly going through that transitional period from casual to full time fan. Where results worry you, ocassionally affect your sleep and makes you miserable long after a poor one. I'm in the midst of indoctrinating my 4 year old. I feel guilty but I don't see why he should get away with it!

As for on the pitch, I just don't think we have the players for it. Seems strange after we looked so decent at the start of the season but Ferry is completely wasted on the wing, Williams is a shadow of his early season self, no Ritchie or Thompson means nothing goes down the right. I'm not very expectant, just hope for a battle and some good news re the ownership of the club in the close season. 
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 06:44:25 »

We're having this! We'll out play them again and nick it by a goal.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 43   Go Up
Print
Jump to: