Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 43   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brentford FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 71724 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #555 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 08:48:14 »

Don't get me wrong, Call Me Jed is far from convincing me but people do seem to be judging him for things the previous board did to acclaim- heading to the pub, handing out youth contracts etc.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #556 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 08:54:49 »

A mate met Whippy through business...when he discovered he was a Town fan, he asked what he could do to make himself more popular with the fans...my mate somewhat jokingly suggested going in the CGH etc and meeting some of them. Voila, it came to pass.

I don't particularly have a problem with Jed's laddish behaviour, as long as it's backed up with substance in the role. So far that is debatable at best.

I think the problem people have is that there are still unanswered questions, still problems in board/fan communcation that need to be sorted out, distrust at their motives, no sign of a plan or core principle for the fans to sink their teeth into, just Jed ladding it up at the pub and on Twitter. I'm not saying he's not a professional businessman, but I can understand why some people would think he shouldn't be there.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 09:21:50 by Honkytonk » Logged
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #557 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 09:03:36 »

As with the tie thing, it's a matter of presentation with Jed.  He needs to decide whether he wants to be Chairman, or everyone's best mate/drinking partner.  A couple of examples from his twitter feed from the last 24 hrs:

JedMcCoy @JedMcCoy   12h 
@Charlotte_Lloyd ha.. Why thank you Charlotte .. Was u at griffin today ..?.

JedMcCoy @JedMcCoy   22h 
@ChrisDGuitarist cheers Chris means a lot mate .. Griffin bar at 2.15 it is then ..Wink.. #COYR ..

Presentation matters.  And in my view, he doesn't present himself as a Chairman should.  Still not warming to him, I'm afraid.
Flashheart

« Reply #558 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 09:09:38 »

I can't see how that matters one iota. I cannot imagine how it would effect his ability to do his job one little bit.

DMR

« Reply #559 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 09:09:57 »

"Was u at Griffin today?"

Someone lamp the fucking plank.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #560 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 09:11:02 »

Don't get me wrong, Call Me Jed is far from convincing me but people do seem to be judging him for things the previous board did to acclaim- heading to the pub, handing out youth contracts etc.

You need to back your behaviour up with substance...the previous Board told us early doors 3 basic things 1 Not throwing money at it. 2 Start by tackling "low hanging fruit" 3 Money available for the odd young player identified as having sell on value.

So at first we saw...no agent fees, tidying up of the Winners...lick of paint and ad boards outside the TE, the pic frieze on Arkells/TE corner etc.  Purchase of Cox, Ritchie, Caddis, Ferry, Flint.

Jed came in and told us...if KMac still wanted Pack etc, it could happen. Budget for next season would match this. Boxes in the DRS.

If all this happens, then all well and good, of course we need to wait and see.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #561 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 09:19:25 »

I can't see how that matters one iota. I cannot imagine how it would effect his ability to do his job one little bit.

There's no evidence he is able to do the job as yet though is there he just seems to be blagging it as he goes. The outright lies he told to the adver about Powers history are what made my mind up that he can't be trusted. Add in the fact that Lee Power is an ex business partner of Mike Diamandis until they fell out and by all accounts just as dodgy and the whole thing stinks!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #562 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 09:22:09 »

Add in the fact that Lee Power is an ex business partner of Mike Diamandis until they fell out and by all accounts just as dodgy and the whole thing stinks!

Shocked Shocked

First we've heard of this...do you have anything to back it up?
Flashheart

« Reply #563 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 09:22:13 »

The outright lies he told to the adver about Powers history

Do elaborate.....
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #564 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 09:22:21 »

Flint has impressed me everytime he has played tbh. So he hoofs the ball, I couldnt care less tbh! His job is to stop the other fuckers scoring and he did a damn good job yesterday. Up to the CM to drop back and pick the ball up off him so he doesnt have to hoof it
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #565 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 09:24:07 »

Can you understand others might see that it does though? As Ardiles said, it's a perception thing.

There's no evidence he is able to do the job as yet though is there he just seems to be blagging it as he goes. The outright lies he told to the adver about Powers history are what made my mind up that he can't be trusted. Add in the fact that Lee Power is an ex business partner of Mike Diamandis until they fell out and by all accounts just as dodgy and the whole thing stinks!

Oh here we fucking go again.
Flashheart

« Reply #566 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 09:26:58 »

Can you understand others might see that it does though? As Ardiles said, it's a perception thing.

Considering it won't make the slightest bit of difference I find it very petty. Perhaps some people do see it as a perception thing or whatever, I think it's scraping the barrel. 

There's potentially other things to be genuinely concerned about. This is not one of them.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #567 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 09:28:11 »

Do elaborate.....
Let's start with the fact Jed said to the adver he was only with Cre8 for a month..... Anyone with one iota of intelligence soon proved that to be false. Even once he had removed himself it was registered to an anonymous Swiss account and where does a Power happen to hold residence now? I don't want Power anywhere near this football club and if he's the type of person Jed is bringing with him then it tells me all I need to know.
Flashheart

« Reply #568 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 09:29:58 »

Let's start with the fact Jed said to the adver he was only with Cre8 for a month..... Anyone with one iota of intelligence soon proved that to be false. Even once he had removed himself it was registered to an anonymous Swiss account and where does a Power happen to hold residence now? I don't want Power anywhere near this football club and if he's the type of person Jed is bringing with him then it tells me all I need to know.

Anybody with one iota of intelligence would not expect other people to just take their word for it.....

Links please!
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #569 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 09:35:27 »

So your lack of evidence is backed up by the mind of a conspiracy theorist? COINCIDENCE?!?!?
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 43   Go Up
Print
Jump to: