Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 43   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brentford FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 71728 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #540 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 07:49:16 »

if that was last night what's the problem?
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 07:49:34 »

Is that after last night? If so we can hardly blame them! I needed more than a bloody pint after yesterday's game!
Dozno9

« Reply #542 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 07:50:13 »

I'm not against a player having a beer and I don't know when or what time this was taken (or even if they were drinking) but sat in a pub surrounded by pints whilst wearing STFC training gear is slightly thick.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #543 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 07:52:05 »

if that's yesterday,  that was a well earned pint

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Dozno9

« Reply #544 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 07:54:54 »

if that's yesterday,  that was a well earned pint

Agree, Luke Rooney did some pretty intense warming up.  Smiley
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #545 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 07:56:54 »

It was meant slightly tongue in cheek but feel free to be insulted.

The criticism of Storey in particular was incredibly unfair, to blame Wes for not saving any of the penalties after he kept us in the game for so long is just ridiculous and suggesting Luongo is culpable for our loss on penalties over two legs is completely ignoring the fact his goal gave us a massive boost in the first leg.

I'm sure you're as disappointed as anyone but there were so many positives from today that you chose to ignore. I suppose you've overlooked MacDonald's decision to go 4-5-1 whic :doh:h effectively gave us control in midfield and handed us the momentum to mount a comeback?

I think you need to read my post again.  I said Storey's penalty was dreadful and had no power, which was true.  I was stating a fact not making a criticism particularly.   As for blaming Wes, I did nothing of the sort.  He got a knock at the end of the game, which subsequently affected his ability to get near any of the penalties.  A number of others have picked up similar points, so I'm hardly alone.

I haven't overlooked Macdonalds decision to change the formation, but you seem to have overlooked the fact it also coincided with him moving Ferry into his rightful position where he should have been from the start.

Yes, I am very disappointed and not feeling very well either, which isn't helping.  This season promised so much and for all the reasons that have been done to death, failed to deliver in the end.  Although I don't think we'd have been good enough for the Championship and subsequently struggled, it's unlikely League 1 will ever be so weak again.  Chances need to be taken when they're on offer, as they don't come round very often.

I heard yesterday that there were new owners ready to take over, but that was on the basis we were in the Championship.  If true, that could be why Jed delayed providing responses to questions.  Maybe he genuinely couldn't provide clarity until he knew which league we were going to be in.  
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #546 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 08:05:08 »

I'm not against a player having a beer and I don't know when or what time this was taken (or even if they were drinking) but sat in a pub surrounded by pints whilst wearing STFC training gear is slightly thick.

This is my point
JanAageisGod

Ignore
« Reply #547 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 08:18:27 »

WARNING - SELF INDULGENT RANT BELOW:

Scheduling - utter joke. To get pissed around as two games within 48 hours so we can play second fiddle to a contractual obligation game between fucking Stoke and Sunderland? Total treatment of the division with contempt.

Pride? No - just annoyance we gave a mediocre side too many goals to catch up from, never mind the stagger to the end.

The Brentford narrative  - really fucking annoying. Great "character"? Character to blow promotion through a selfish egotist taking a penalty when he wasn't meant to? No. To play the first leg as an utter exercise in cowardly negativity? Very brave. To blow a 3-1 lead? Heroic? To not finish off 10 men in extra time, plus an injured keeper? Great! Never mind the million realities. They won, therefore they had character. Utter brain dead result orientated garbage.

That's the annoying thing, we couldn't escape this division at it's worst for as long as I can remember. Anyway, that's that. Time to roll the sleeves up and get stuck into Jed Howeverhis nameis spelt and his random apostrophes until he coughs up what's going on.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #548 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 08:18:32 »

Chances need to be taken when they're on offer, as they don't come round very often.

Unfortunate reality. Its not like we can even say we will have a great base to build on for next season Sad

That said, even when we did have a great base to build on Wilson got us relegated.

FWIW Jo, most people around me were bemoaning K-Macs starting lineup/starting tactics. Your views are hardly unique to you!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #549 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 08:20:52 »

Oh and the beer photo - if it was post match who the fuck cares.
DMR

« Reply #550 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 08:21:25 »

Oh and the beer photo - if it was post match who the fuck cares.

Exactly
corner

Ignore
« Reply #551 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 08:26:23 »

Williams is a pusey and gives in far to easy, would like to see him on the wing if hes still here next season, but would still need to man up.

ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #552 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 08:31:45 »

Did Wray ever turn up in pubs though?
Yes, I met him in the Moonrakers once!!  And didn't Mr Wippy invite fans to the Glue Pot!!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #553 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 08:42:38 »

Yes, I met him in the Moonrakers once!!  And didn't Mr Wippy invite fans to the Glue Pot!!

A mate met Whippy through business...when he discovered he was a Town fan, he asked what he could do to make himself more popular with the fans...my mate somewhat jokingly suggested going in the CGH etc and meeting some of them. Voila, it came to pass.

I don't particularly have a problem with Jed's laddish behaviour, as long as it's backed up with substance in the role. So far that is debatable at best.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #554 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 08:47:20 »

I think it's fair to say after this season those lads have earned a fucking pint.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 43   Go Up
Print
Jump to: