Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 43   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brentford FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 71348 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 09:23:40 »

I think we will win this 13-12 on pens.

And it won't even be slightly nerve wracking  Wink
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 09:57:58 »

Feeling slightly sick this morning. Same feeling I had in the first playoff we were in all those years ago. We were shite in the last month or so of the season and I thought we would get a right dicking by Wigan, who were a good side. I was shocked to get past them.

In the final, Gillingham also started to give us a footballing lesson. I was totally dejected that I thought after a great fightback we had lost on away goals. Imagine my delight to find out they didn't count and we were off to Selhurst park!

That is where the slightly sicky feeling came from. The whole day was a combination of excitement and sickness - The same as today.

Now, who is going to be the modern day Charlie Henry and who is going to be Steve White?

COYR!!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Levi lapper

« Reply #47 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 09:59:51 »

I bought tickets for the lords test match on 19th may without realising significance of the date, on that basis we will win and give me a ticketing dilemma.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 10:00:06 »

But they have only lost 3 at home all season. Going to be difficult but if we can keep it solid at then back then we have a chance.

True.  But they drew another 6, so they drew or lost nearly 40% of their home games this season.  We only need to draw.  Then do them on penalties.  This is ours for the taking.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 10:05:21 »

First playoff game i haven't been to in 20 years and it just doesn't give me the same nervous anticipation when i know i'm going to be watching it on the box rather than in person.

1 goal wins it today
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 10:12:50 »

Not overly confident about this one I'm afraid! Think they will win 2-1 but a lot depends on the mentality of of the team and the tactics that Kmac deploys. We sit back and try soak up the pressure and we will lose. Attack em from the off, they are bound to be a bit nervous after their last home game.

Those that are going best sing their fucking hearts out.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 10:12:56 »

First playoff game i haven't been to in 20 years and it just doesn't give me the same nervous anticipation when i know i'm going to be watching it on the box rather than in person.

1 goal wins it today
I must have your nervous anticipation then!

My quandary today is that I have to go out for short period at 5pm, 6pm and 7.45pm. Not sure whether to record the game and watch it all tonight, or record and watch bits of it between ferrying the kids around!

Christ I'm excited by this! I hope we're not heading for an almighty crash, but I really think the team are going to be so angry about Saturday that they are going to show some balls and go out there and play Brentford off the park!

(But I also thought they would do that against Doncaster)

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #52 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 10:13:11 »

When did you get tickets CS?
I got mine off a very nice bloke off of here who I think was being kind to the elderly. My daughter and mate got theirs when the sponsorship tickets were returned. They said there were 20 tickets returned but I think there were a lot more than that.
I hope you and your lad enjoy the game.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #53 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 10:13:39 »

I think we will win this 13-12 on pens.

And it won't even be slightly nerve wracking  Wink
A quid on that could make you a nice return
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 10:17:41 »

Do people think we will see an unchanged starting line up?
kerry red

« Reply #55 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 10:23:57 »

I bought tickets for the lords test match on 19th may without realising significance of the date, on that basis we will win and give me a ticketing dilemma.

You must be fucking loaded.

I looked for the Saturday at Trent Bridge and the cheapest was £170 - Christ knows what your Lords tickets cost!
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 10:25:55 »

It's a one off game, whoever wants it more wins it.

Hope it's us.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #57 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 10:29:43 »

Crumpets with peanut butter? Sounds intriguing.
This is a personal favourite of mine too partly because I don't eat butter.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 10:35:04 »

This is a personal favourite of mine too partly because I don't eat butter.

Crunchy or smooth?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 10:38:34 »

You must be fucking loaded.

I looked for the Saturday at Trent Bridge and the cheapest was £170 - Christ knows what your Lords tickets cost!
I can't remember how much exactly I paid to watch us in 2008 against SA at Lords but it was nowhere near half that!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 43   Go Up
Print
Jump to: