Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Before I forget...  (Read 3227 times)
wigglesworth

« on: Monday, April 29, 2013, 16:51:50 »

Has anyone noticed how that 'oxford fan on a piece of string' song has changed tune slightly this season? Hmmm

Does my NUT in every time I hear it being butchered in the Town end. My mate has noticed it too, he stands elsewhere in the TE so I'm not going mad, but it seems that the vocal minority have got their tunes mixed up and history is being re written.

I would put it on a par with people who think loose and lose are interchangeable, and people who SAY lol.

ie Fucking horrific. Sad
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, April 29, 2013, 17:53:22 »

On the subject of chants, what on earth is the one that consists mostly of "doo-doo-dooing" (rather than actual lyrics)?

Before anyone says it, I am aware that I am an absolute cretin/idiot for not knowing - regrettably I only get to the odd game each season so you will have to excuse my ignorance.

I think I am referring to this one:

For the record that 'and that's the way we like it, like it, like it' chant is fucking shite and very cringeworthy given that non league sides have been singing it before us

« Last Edit: Monday, April 29, 2013, 17:57:13 by Peter Gibbons » Logged

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, April 29, 2013, 18:07:50 »

On the subject of chants, what on earth is the one that consists mostly of "doo-doo-dooing" (rather than actual lyrics)?

Before anyone says it, I am aware that I am an absolute cretin/idiot for not knowing - regrettably I only get to the odd game each season so you will have to excuse my ignorance.

That drives me mad as well. It reminds me of League 2, and in particular Barnet who seemed to sing nothing else.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, April 29, 2013, 18:09:09 »

Every club does it now and it does my fucking head in. Argyle do it very frequently and i can't stand it
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, April 29, 2013, 18:11:17 »

Every club does it now and it does my fucking head in. Argyle do it very frequently and i can't stand it

A search online reveals it may be a celtic song - anyone know any better?

Spud

« Reply #5 on: Monday, April 29, 2013, 18:15:09 »

Has anyone noticed how that 'oxford fan on a piece of string' song has changed tune slightly this season? Hmmm

Does my NUT in every time I hear it being butchered in the Town end. My mate has noticed it too, he stands elsewhere in the TE so I'm not going mad, but it seems that the vocal minority have got their tunes mixed up and history is being re written.

I would put it on a par with people who think loose and lose are interchangeable, and people who SAY lol.

ie Fucking horrific. Sad

THAT song is bad enough, without people getting the tune wrong.

Unless we have a game against Oxford coming up, I don't know why we even still sing about them? Back the Town instead of singing about some team up the road!
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, April 29, 2013, 18:31:45 »

THAT song is bad enough, without people getting the tune wrong.

Unless we have a game against Oxford coming up, I don't know why we even still sing about them? Back the Town instead of singing about some team up the road!

I don't understand why we sing about Oxford all the time either. It just encourages them. It's a bit like giving that annoying, smelly kid at school attention. He just comes back for more.
woolster

« Reply #7 on: Monday, April 29, 2013, 18:49:50 »

The townend were singing "Ashton gate is a shithole" when we played Stevenage :gay:
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, April 29, 2013, 19:41:08 »

The townend were singing "Ashton gate is a shithole" when we played Stevenage :gay:

Oh Ashton Gate, is full of shit...
woolster

« Reply #9 on: Monday, April 29, 2013, 19:57:13 »

Oh Ashton Gate, is full of shit...
And that Smiley
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, April 29, 2013, 20:52:41 »

The one like
Recorded earlier by Petula Clark in the early 60s.

Fuck knows how it found its way into football but it would definitely be nice if it fucked right off again.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, April 29, 2013, 20:58:08 »

The one like
Recorded earlier by Petula Clark in the early 60s.

Fuck knows how it found its way into football but it would definitely be nice if it fucked right off again.

Ahhhh, never heard that song in my life, interesting!

adje

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, April 29, 2013, 21:05:42 »

ie Fucking horrific. Sad

Fucking shite song even when sung "properly"

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Dozno9

« Reply #13 on: Monday, April 29, 2013, 21:18:45 »

Songs sound a lot better with a drum, we should get one of those.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, April 29, 2013, 21:22:06 »

Songs sound a lot better with a drum, we should get one of those.
only when complimented with a bell.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: