Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Barnsley Goals  (Read 1440 times)
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, August 9, 2005, 10:03:56 »

i watched the goals last night from the weekend.
Ok i wasn't there so shouldn't really comment but why was Rhys so far from his goal line to be lobbed??
I know Ifil was being out muscled but i don't think Rhys should have come off his line to claim a ball he was never going to reach.

second they didn't show to clearly. Looked like a bit of a scramble then some guy smashed it past Rhys. good finish really.

Thaughts

Nils

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2005, 10:06:16 »

First goal shouldn't have been not just Rhys but the fact he was holding Jerel. There second was a good finish but crap marking.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2005, 10:08:10 »

Rhys had no choice but to come out of his goal because Jerel fucked up so monumentally. He had to narrow the angle and there was a defender in the centre to cover any square balls.

Unfortunately he got lobbed.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2005, 10:10:00 »

but on the replay Ifil was still side by side with him when he kicked the ball.
Ifil should have dealt with it better i agree but Rhys has to take some blame for it aswell

unclemark

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2005, 10:11:19 »

I think Rhys is a good keeper and we should extend his contract for another year before the end of the season, the same with Jenks, O'Hanlon, Whalley and Fallon.
Spud

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2005, 12:53:20 »

Yeah i agree that Hayes had hold of Ifils shirt and Evans was way off his line. The second goal was Collins fault in my opinion as he just stood there whilst the ball fell to Shuker.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: