Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fishmongers  (Read 10367 times)
DMR

« Reply #45 on: Monday, April 29, 2013, 15:30:54 »

using soya mince, lentils and pulses in stuff like curry, tacos or lasagne

This is the gayest thing that's ever been written on here and by god there's been plenty.

Take a bow sir.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, April 29, 2013, 15:46:03 »

This is the gayest thing that's ever been written on here and by god there's been plenty.

Take a bow sir.

Bollocks....I'm just cooking a curry with mung/aduki beans and lentils, and I can assure you I'm not the least bit gay.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, April 29, 2013, 15:49:23 »

Bollocks....I'm just cooking a curry with mung/aduki beans and lentils, and I can assure you I'm not the least bit gay.

Christ I hope you sleep with a window open tonight....

..never go back.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, April 29, 2013, 15:50:50 »

Take a bow sir.
Not all of us have such wonderfully well paid jobs Daffyd.
DMR

« Reply #49 on: Monday, April 29, 2013, 15:59:38 »

You should try harder then Too Cool
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, April 29, 2013, 16:22:36 »

Christ I hope you sleep with a window open tonight....

The curry is an hors d'oeuvres to tonight's lager I find it dampens flatulence.  Smiley
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, April 29, 2013, 16:24:40 »

you've never banged a bird with a beard - you haven't lived mate, fair play with the bean curry though - are you going to have a sprout and egg bhaji?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, April 29, 2013, 16:48:14 »

you've never banged a bird with a beard - you haven't lived mate, fair play with the bean curry though - are you going to have a sprout and egg bhaji?

Anal beards...yes, facial...no.

I reckon you could lob eggs and sprouts in and make a biriani easily enough. Now that would make me even more unpopular at tonight's quiz.
fatbasher

« Reply #53 on: Monday, April 29, 2013, 21:04:27 »

I'll happily pay more for decent cuts of meat every now and then.
Farm shops in general tend to be more expensive than butchers, that was my point.

I understand. Though you need to ask why? When you have the answer you'll not only understand the economics but the ethos too.

When I was in the trade in the late '70's through to the late '80's there was a plethora of butchers in town. Trust me some big names were really shit. Today the bar has been raised and the quality has risen to the top like cream should.

When we had the turkey and pork at Easter the meat alone was £70. There were 7 adults and 4 kids. You can estimate the bill going out to eat somewhere above average as being around £20 a head plus drinks. I gaurentee the quality would be no-where near the quality we had. However you go where your pocket can afford. For me, I end up after every meal out asking myself if I could have done better at home. If it's yes then I have wasted my money, simple. Even when I stay out on company business I've been known to have a bag of chips in my car than eat in some of the gash places available to me and my Co. don't quibble at my expenses as long as I don't take the pizz.

I'm not well off by any standards but I refuse to accept mediocre as the norm.
fatbasher

« Reply #54 on: Monday, April 29, 2013, 21:05:47 »

Anyone remember 'The Little Shop' in the parade in Marlborough.  Now that was a proper sweet shop.  Closed down 20 odd years ago, but plenty of childhood memories spent there.  My dentist has done ok out of me too.

Sad
fatbasher

« Reply #55 on: Monday, April 29, 2013, 21:06:49 »

You better ring up Thames water in the morning to warn them...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: