Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 73   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Board, consultancy fees, Mercs and how to identify a duck  (Read 197672 times)

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, April 23, 2013, 11:29:33 »

Apart from getting some meat on the bones of all this it's not exactly surprising is it? Apart from the sycophantic arse lickers of Jed it's looked  dodgy as fuck to most of us since those four buffoons stood there's for  that cringeworthy photo.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 23, 2013, 11:35:54 by arriba » Logged
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, April 23, 2013, 11:35:47 »

Just to play Devil's advocate amongst all the doom mongering, there is, as yet, no actual proof of anything 'Fredi' has said. To me, that means his conjecture is about as informed as anyone's, whatever his claims of what job he does and what information he has access to.

At least he knows how to work out what a duck is.
True, but hes not just making suggestions, hes now crossed the line to actual accusations, if he wasnt so sure, would he be making these posts?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, April 23, 2013, 11:39:41 »

I actually believe most of this as it is precise enough to take someone with a fantastic imagination to make it up.

The one thing that leaps out is the £1.2m thing, why was it paid to the FL in the first instance and then directly to the club in the second? Makes no sense, the payment to the FL makes sense and would support the suggestion/suspicion that the intention all along was just flip the club onto another party as it would protect the club to a degree if Jed et al failed. But to allow it to go to the club itself seems perverse on the part of the FL?

The £200k consultancy fees and cars is almost to be expected with regards to the above, if the transaction is merely business you are goping to want something for the risk and time, to be honest I won't lose too much sleep over that if in the long run we get some stability.

The crux seems to be that everything depends on Lee Power and S Russell C, it seems to be suggested that SRC has the money available but why did they not front the takeover in january and instead apparently act via an intermediary - or have they come along now and presented an opportunity for Jed etc to get away and thats why the other directors have buggered off?

In terms of Power what do we actually know, was he actually directly involved in the Cre8 debarcle or had he got off the board etc by then?

Oh and who is the mysterious SCR - the plot thickens.
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, April 23, 2013, 11:46:25 »

Anyone know who fredi is? Can I be the 1st to rule myself out
skay

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, April 23, 2013, 11:47:34 »

Anyone know who fredi is? Can I be the 1st to rule myself out

Frederick Robdal  Wink
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, April 23, 2013, 12:11:41 »

True, but hes not just making suggestions, hes now crossed the line to actual accusations, if he wasnt so sure, would he be making these posts?

Because this is the internet and you can make wild accusations without fear of repercussion in the real world. Or at least that's what people believe.

Before anyone accuses me of happy clapping or being naive or whatever, I'm not trying to protect the new board, or blindly take their version of events as true, it just seems perverse to me that whatever they say, people immediately think the board is lying, whilst they will happily believe some random bloke from Thisis of all places, who has not linked us to any actual evidence that backs up his claims.

I'm empirically minded, and want to see some facts before jumping to alarming conclusions. The board may want to flip the club. They may want to destroy it for their own nefarious purposes. They may stick 20mill into it and bring on a new lease of life. They might be giant space lizards (that's for you Dossy). Far as we know, none of this is true. After the meeting tomorrow we will have some actual facts, which will be in the public record, and therefore able to be used against them in a court of law if they try and do the crooked thing of bleeding us dry (not as 'FACT!' on the forums). I do not expect the parties representing the fans in that meeting to have tea and crumpets and not ask the important questions of the board about what's going on, and whether the club will be safe financially.

Until such a time as real facts appear around this, 'Fredi' is just another keyboard warrior, and I take his posts with about the same level of reality as Jed's tweets.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, April 23, 2013, 12:12:58 »

Did you use any of those fancy words in your book? Smiley
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, April 23, 2013, 12:28:42 »

Because this is the internet and you can make wild accusations without fear of repercussion in the real world. Or at least that's what people believe.

Before anyone accuses me of happy clapping or being naive or whatever, I'm not trying to protect the new board, or blindly take their version of events as true, it just seems perverse to me that whatever they say, people immediately think the board is lying, whilst they will happily believe some random bloke from Thisis of all places, who has not linked us to any actual evidence that backs up his claims.

I'm empirically minded, and want to see some facts before jumping to alarming conclusions. The board may want to flip the club. They may want to destroy it for their own nefarious purposes. They may stick 20mill into it and bring on a new lease of life. They might be giant space lizards (that's for you Dossy). Far as we know, none of this is true. After the meeting tomorrow we will have some actual facts, which will be in the public record, and therefore able to be used against them in a court of law if they try and do the crooked thing of bleeding us dry (not as 'FACT!' on the forums). I do not expect the parties representing the fans in that meeting to have tea and crumpets and not ask the important questions of the board about what's going on, and whether the club will be safe financially.

Until such a time as real facts appear around this, 'Fredi' is just another keyboard warrior, and I take his posts with about the same level of reality as Jed's tweets.

Can't argue against that, good point!!

I wait tommorow with baited breath! and as 4D, nice use of vocabulary (spelling)
corner

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, April 23, 2013, 12:29:17 »

. Far as we know, none of this is true. After the meeting tomorrow we will have some actual facts, which will be in the public record, and therefore able to be used against them in a court of law if they try and do the crooked thing of bleeding us dry (not as 'FACT!' on the forums). I do not expect the parties representing the fans in that meeting to have tea and crumpets and not ask the important questions of the board about what's going on, and whether the club will be safe financially.

Im unclear as to where you think these facts are going to come from?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, April 23, 2013, 12:39:16 »

Sam is online, wonder if he would be good enough to comment on the conjecture?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, April 23, 2013, 12:41:40 »

Well, lets see what Jedco say when Sam asks them.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, April 23, 2013, 12:42:42 »

Just to play Devil's advocate amongst all the doom mongering, there is, as yet, no actual proof of anything 'Fredi' has said. To me, that means his conjecture is about as informed as anyone's, whatever his claims of what job he does and what information he has access to.

At least he knows how to work out what a duck is.

Actually this isn't the first time Fredi has surfaced on thisis. A few weeks ago he made a reference to Power which preceded the announcement of his role, so he has a little bit of credibility. I'm minded to believe him.

The fans meeting will be interesting. Unless it will now be mysteriously 'postponed due to other commitments'...

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
skay

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, April 23, 2013, 12:45:13 »

I honestly can't see Jed and co turning up, don't think it will be in their best interests to as that's all it seems to be at the moment. Bet this conincides with another drinks deal in the winners lounge come the home playoff tie as well...
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, April 23, 2013, 12:48:21 »

Sam is online, wonder if he would be good enough to comment on the conjecture?
Not sure exactly what needs to be said on here. I'm treading a fine line legally etc but all avenues and allegations are being explored. Club refutes many, and I'm carrying some words from Murrall to that extent tomorrow. For what it's worth, I have also emailed Fredi twice to request direct contact and some proof which I can go with. Yet to get a response, but the first email was only on Thursday so not long I suppose.
With various things being looked at I'm not keen to start jumping to conclusions either way. I'm a bit of a c*** like that.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 23, 2013, 12:52:41 by Sam Morshead » Logged
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, April 23, 2013, 12:49:58 »

More annoyingly, I now really fancy some duck pancakes.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 73   Go Up
Print
Jump to: