Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 ... 144   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What's right with football?  (Read 622180 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #1005 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 09:04:27 »

Everyone has their views on VAR and it's certainly not perfect, but given it's coming to English football it's good to see attempts to learn from the mistakes made elsewhere

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48953873
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #1006 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 09:56:03 »

Definitely, good read that.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1007 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 10:27:01 »

10 minute sin bin being introduced into no league football for a trial period. Then I assume rolled out in EFL PL some time in the future. I saw an piece on the national news last week and an update has come through on my son’s yoof football team app explaining the rules according to my Mrs. Need to have a look at that, coming hard on the heals of VAR.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1008 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 10:35:23 »

10 minute sin bin being introduced into no league football for a trial period. Then I assume rolled out in EFL PL some time in the future. I saw an piece on the national news last week and an update has come through on my son’s yoof football team app explaining the rules according to my Mrs. Need to have a look at that, coming hard on the heals of VAR.
Here you go:

http://www.wiltshirefa.com/news/2019/jul/30/sin-bins-to-be-introduced-across-grassroots-football-wiltshire

Wouldn't hold your breath for introduction in pro game any time soon tho.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #1009 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 11:01:39 »

Here you go:

http://www.wiltshirefa.com/news/2019/jul/30/sin-bins-to-be-introduced-across-grassroots-football-wiltshire

Wouldn't hold your breath for introduction in pro game any time soon tho.

Thank you for that. You have missed the Regism though, I dropped in ‘future’ because I have a rare alignment with you in not holding my breath when you consider how long VAR/Goaline technology has taken to materialise. That ball only really got rolling after Franks screamer against Germany in the World Cup.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1010 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 11:09:41 »

Thank you for that. You have missed the Regism though, I dropped in ‘future’ because I have a rare alignment with you in not holding my breath when you consider how long VAR/Goaline technology has taken to materialise.
Ah yes "some time in the future" Smiley good shout!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1011 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 11:25:13 »

While I agree it's hopefully a step forward in the medium term, I was speaking to a junior ref (he's 17 but refs U12s-U16s) earlier in the summer who wasn't at all convinced. His concern being that the rules were a little too complex, not for him, but that he'd have a nightmare with managers and parents who either didn't understand the new rules, or who wilfully "misunderstood" them in an attempt to put pressure on refs, especially younger ones. Sadly, I've seen enough examples of middle-aged mini Mourinhos attempting to pressure (aka bully) 14 year old refs to understand his concerns, at least in the first season or so.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1012 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 11:28:12 »

While I agree it's hopefully a step forward in the medium term, I was speaking to a junior ref (he's 17 but refs U12s-U16s) earlier in the summer who wasn't at all convinced. His concern being that the rules were a little too complex, not for him, but that he'd have a nightmare with managers and parents who either didn't understand the new rules, or who wilfully "misunderstood" them in an attempt to put pressure on refs, especially younger ones. Sadly, I've seen enough examples of middle-aged mini Mourinhos attempting to pressure (aka bully) 14 year old refs to understand his concerns, at least in the first season or so.

An interesting point.Alex had his sin bin training the other day, didn't get much out of him that it went "OK". It'll be interesting to see how he copes if/when something like this occurs.

I've told him to give what he sees, not what he hears from the sideline, and explain his decisions where necessary..

But you get some proper nasty dickhead parent.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #1013 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 11:29:42 »

That is a fair point which is why the coach has sent out the new rules to all players via the app to digest before the season starts in earnest. I don’t bother with the app, Mrs. LL does all the organising of getting him to training and match days. I just get to drive where I am told too 😁
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #1014 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 11:32:24 »

An interesting point.Alex had his sin bin training the other day, didn't get much out of him that it went "OK". It'll be interesting to see how he copes if/when something like this occurs.

I've told him to give what he sees, not what he hears from the sideline, and explain his decisions where necessary..

But you get some proper nasty dickhead parent.

‘But you get some proper nasty dickhead parent.’

And coaches having run the line for a number of years you do get to hear some things that make you question humanity. I think some would qualify for the ‘wankers’ thread very easily.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 11:42:04 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1015 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 11:44:53 »

I just get to drive where I am told too 😁
Drive places, pay for stuff = that's what Dads are for.

But you get some proper nasty dickhead parent. And coaches having run the line for a number of years you do get to hear some things that make you question humanity. I think some would qualify for the ‘wankers’ thread very easily.
Indeed. It was coaches as much as parents that the lad I was speaking to (a mate of my eldest) was concerned about. Not a problem for him, he is (rightly) quite confident in his own judgement and more than happy to stand up to the loudmouths, but concerned for the younger and inexperienced refs. Hopefully the League and County FA will put sufficient support in place to back refs up as the new rules come into force.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1016 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 11:54:51 »

Hopefully the League and County FA will put sufficient support in place to back refs up as the new rules come into force.

hahaha. Riiiight.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #1017 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 11:57:19 »

hahaha. Riiiight.

You cynical shit 🤣
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1018 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 12:19:13 »

you've dealt with the wilts FA, surely Smiley
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #1019 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 12:28:08 »

you've dealt with the wilts FA, surely Smiley

No. I have dealt with officialdom and jobsworths though. That must count?
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 ... 144   Go Up
Print
Jump to: