Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 ... 144   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What's right with football?  (Read 622239 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #690 on: Wednesday, June 28, 2017, 08:59:22 »

Ayr United kit launch.
Wasn't sure where to put this. Causing a storm in a D cup.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ayr-uniteds-kit-suddenly-very-10700370

Very tasteful....shame we didn't get a similar job on the shorts to find out if she's got ayr or not.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #691 on: Sunday, July 2, 2017, 13:31:24 »

Superb, Reg.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #692 on: Monday, July 3, 2017, 14:41:10 »

I know he's not the most popular player, and I know he's still allegedly picking up £5m for it, but fair play to John Terry for dropping down to the Championship for a season.
He could have picked up a lot more money in the States or China, or even staying in the Premier League. I just wish most footballers would follow in his footsteps and drop down a league rather than retire.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #693 on: Monday, July 3, 2017, 15:04:52 »

I know he's not the most popular player, and I know he's still allegedly picking up £5m for it, but fair play to John Terry for dropping down to the Championship for a season.
He could have picked up a lot more money in the States or China, or even staying in the Premier League. I just wish most footballers would follow in his footsteps and drop down a league rather than retire.

I suspect its more to do with his well publicised dislike of those who look different to him rather than any noble aspiration to support lower league football, possibly he likes brummie booty?
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #694 on: Monday, July 3, 2017, 15:06:07 »

Match made in heaven I would say

I come from a land down-under
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #695 on: Thursday, July 27, 2017, 09:20:07 »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/02/ostersund-sweden-winter-city-football-graham-potter-english-manager

"So far Potter’s squad have collaborated in writing a book, staging an art exhibition, acting in plays and dancing – in, possibly, his most ambitious project to date, they staged a version of Swan Lake."

But do they still have the time to play FIFA?

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #696 on: Thursday, August 3, 2017, 11:34:41 »

Not sure its entirely 'right' but nice to see a governing body actually doing something...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40814854
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #697 on: Thursday, August 3, 2017, 11:43:32 »

Not sure its entirely 'right' but nice to see a governing body actually doing something...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40814854
This annoys me. Whats the point of having buy out clauses if even when met the governing bodies try to block it. It defeats the object of having them.
La Liga are just scared of loosing one of their most marketable players. Messi and Suarez are 30, Ronaldo 32. Couple of years and Neymar will be top of the pile and if he's not in La Liga, who else do they have? Bale (if he stays much longer) that's about it.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #698 on: Thursday, August 3, 2017, 11:56:22 »

Did you see the la liga statement about how state run clubs shouldnt be allowed to do what PsG are doing?

Erm.... Barca and Real Madrid ring any bells??
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #699 on: Thursday, August 3, 2017, 12:13:25 »

This annoys me. Whats the point of having buy out clauses if even when met the governing bodies try to block it. It defeats the object of having them.
La Liga are just scared of loosing one of their most marketable players. Messi and Suarez are 30, Ronaldo 32. Couple of years and Neymar will be top of the pile and if he's not in La Liga, who else do they have? Bale (if he stays much longer) that's about it.

I think they are claiming that a) there are longstanding disputes over money and loyalty payments between Barca and Neymar/his advisors which need sorting before he can actually activate the clause and b) PSG cannot make the payment without breaking FFP rules. Its a bloody strange system over there in that the player has to buy himself out of the contract by meeting the buy out clause, which ultimately means that PSG have to give him £198m up front to pass to Barca, would he not immediately get clobbered for tax on that anyway!

Did you see the la liga statement about how state run clubs shouldnt be allowed to do what PsG are doing?

I don't think either Barca or Madrid are state run clubs, unless Catalonia is considered a state, which opens a whole can of worms. Barca fans have historically claimed that Madrid are backed by the state, but that goes back to the Civil War and some dubious refereeing and the assassination by the state of various Barca club officials. 
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #700 on: Thursday, August 3, 2017, 12:19:12 »

They are both massive clubs with huge revenue streams..... PSG are not
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #701 on: Thursday, August 3, 2017, 12:21:29 »

Barcelona are owned by their fans through a membership scheme I believe.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #702 on: Thursday, August 3, 2017, 19:35:32 »

Lovely banner from Crawley fans at the England game tonight - says "that tinpot club from sussex" 👍🏼

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #703 on: Friday, August 4, 2017, 11:18:25 »

New penalties for 'successful deception' of a referee. Not sure what I think of the process but good to see they're acting on it

http://www.thefa.com/news/2017/aug/04/fa-confirm-pool-for-successful-deception-offences-040817
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #704 on: Monday, August 14, 2017, 12:17:05 »

And on a similar note, Ronaldo sent off for diving against Barca. Interesting to see if/how he gets punished for the gentle shove on the referee after.

(Excuse the clueless American commentary)
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 ... 144   Go Up
Print
Jump to: