Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 144   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What's right with football?  (Read 622315 times)
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #675 on: Saturday, June 3, 2017, 08:44:31 »

Ismaik is a scumbag and should just fcuk off. He spent big this season but wasted money on the wrong areas and staffed the club with expensive people, most of whom cannot even speak German.
If he stops treating it as a toy and leaves, the new start can be a positive - but if he stays he will continue to treat the club the wrong way.

When you think on Tuesday there were 62,000 there, and now this.

I come from a land down-under
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #676 on: Monday, June 5, 2017, 16:08:49 »

Great pass from Cook to the player who'd just been crunched

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40158561

I think Paul Simpson might be the U20's manager.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #677 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 18:06:13 »

After 10 years homeless work has started on rebuilding Gloucester City's ground following the 2007 floods.

https://twitter.com/GCAFCofficial/status/871766823624212481
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #678 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 21:16:00 »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/london-bridge-terror-attack-fk-fuck-you-im-millwall-hero-roy-larner-football-fan-lion-of-london-a7775246.html
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #679 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 21:41:55 »

Good post.

Not often anyone "likes" the Wall but loved this story.  3 knife wielding Jihadists, one in an Arsenal top apparently, shouting "Islam, Islam" and getting the "Fuck you, I'm Milwall" response from Mr Larner who saw them eventually "leg it" out of the Pub.

Respect, Mr Larner.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #680 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 21:59:15 »

What an absolute idiot.

Fair play to him.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #681 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2017, 09:02:41 »

Probably about the only time you'd be pleased to hear someone loudly declare themselves "I'm Millwall". Absolute hero. Also the Romanian baker who took them on with crates, the Sunday Times executive who attacked them unarmed and the copper who took them on with only a baton. One of the few bright points to come out of this horrid saga has been the several tales of these acts of individual heroism that undoubtedly saved lives and speaks volumes about the determination and courage of ordinary people in the face of unspeakable horror.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #682 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2017, 09:05:26 »

The Romanian bloke apparently threw a crate, knew it'd missed so then used another crate to smash one in the head. Fair play!

I heard a story of a journalist who is also some kind of martial arts expert who also took them on, apparently shirtless. He got stabbed in the neck, and theres a video of him casually walking away with a cloth to his neck. Again, fair play. No idea how I'd react in this situation but I can't imagine I'd square up to 3 jihadis unarmed.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #683 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2017, 09:47:56 »

I can't imagine I'd square up to 3 jihadis unarmed.

Best advice is to run away to somewhere safe, or if not possible run away and hide and try to make the hidey space safe if you can.

I'd try to do that unless I or my family was in danger - assuming I had time , didn't freeze and understood the gravity. I think.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #684 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2017, 10:34:15 »

There will come a time when people are fed up of these fuckwits, fear will turn to pure anger and in a situation like Saturdays I'd expect the terrorists to get the absolute crap kicked out of them.

I'd run if I was with my family but in a club/bar situation id like to think I'd have enough about me to try and take these arseholes out as long as there were like minded people with me.

Seems a better option than hoping for the best.
Flashheart

« Reply #685 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2017, 10:45:22 »

The fight or flight response is innate in all of us. People can do some surprising things when up against it.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #686 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2017, 16:09:30 »

Best advice is to run away to somewhere safe, or if not possible run away and hide and try to make the hidey space safe if you can.

I'd try to do that unless I or my family was in danger - assuming I had time , didn't freeze and understood the gravity. I think.

Noticed a story in the Adver yesterday about some ex SAS bloke bringing a book out re how to combat a random knife based terror attack, basically grab anything that comes to hand depending on circumstance, hot cuppa, pint mug, chair, laptop bag etc.
Still a very brave thing to try and fight back, but wouldn't be surprised to see a growing "have a go" resistance to this sickness if attacks continue in a similar vein.

Just waiting on news of the landings of the Bushwacker Volunteer Battalions near Sirte.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #687 on: Thursday, June 15, 2017, 13:29:01 »

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11758/10913314/vote-what-was-swindons-greatest-premier-league-game

I voted for Sheffield Wednesday away. Brilliant support for an evening away game. Great atmosphere, 6 goals and another game we should have won.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #688 on: Thursday, June 15, 2017, 18:34:19 »

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11758/10913314/vote-what-was-swindons-greatest-premier-league-game

I voted for Sheffield Wednesday away. Brilliant support for an evening away game. Great atmosphere, 6 goals and another game we should have won.

Liverpool away, it was my Birthday Smiley
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #689 on: Wednesday, June 28, 2017, 08:53:49 »

Ayr United kit launch.
Wasn't sure where to put this. Causing a storm in a D cup.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ayr-uniteds-kit-suddenly-very-10700370

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 144   Go Up
Print
Jump to: