Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 144   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What's right with football?  (Read 622012 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #630 on: Wednesday, April 12, 2017, 14:18:02 »

Presumably there weren't 85k fans at Saltergate though was there Reg?

Monaco took 85K  Hmmm  Impressive they get about 3000 for home games.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #631 on: Wednesday, April 12, 2017, 16:11:45 »

Monaco took 85K  Hmmm  Impressive they get about 3000 for home games.

Clearly not, but my point was there was significantly more people at the game last night and so the chances of what happened at Saltergate in 1985 would have been much harder.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #632 on: Friday, April 14, 2017, 10:02:05 »

Proper football fan response to whinging Arsenal fans on what actually constitutes supporting an inept football club:

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/arsenal/254221/in-response-to-arsenal-whining-long-suffering-darlington-fan-describes-what-supporting-a-properly-inept-club-entails.html
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #633 on: Sunday, April 23, 2017, 21:10:54 »

Lionel Messi scores his 500th goal for Barca, with a last minute winner at the Bernabeu. That's even more than Harry Morris.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #634 on: Sunday, April 23, 2017, 21:34:12 »

Lionel Messi scores his 500th goal for Barca, with a last minute winner at the Bernabeu. That's even more than Harry Morris.
I know new players always come along but he's going to leave some ludicrously difficult to beat records, I mean 500 goals at 30 years old is madness!  Looked like Real Madrid tried the old kick off the pitch approach and it failed spectacularly...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #635 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 10:58:26 »

I know new players always come along but he's going to leave some ludicrously difficult to beat records, I mean 500 goals at 30 years old is madness!  Looked like Real Madrid tried the old kick off the pitch approach and it failed spectacularly...

About 11 years ago, I cracked and got Sky.  It was when cricket left terrestrial.... wouldn't pay tuppence for the Prem, but couldn't live without Test cricket to watch.

Anyway, I discovered Sky showed Spanish football. It was about the time of Ronaldinho playing under Rijkaard.  Ronaldinho was being interviewed and asked "what's it like to be the best player in the world?"  His answer... "I'm not even the best player at Barcelona.... there's a kid...  So thought I'd look out for the kid. Every so often sport/art/music etc thorws up someone who is way beyond the norms. Football has had 2 in the last decade or so, and probaably won't produce any more in my lifetime.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #636 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 11:54:30 »

About 11 years ago, I cracked and got Sky.  It was when cricket left terrestrial.... wouldn't pay tuppence for the Prem, but couldn't live without Test cricket to watch.

Anyway, I discovered Sky showed Spanish football. It was about the time of Ronaldinho playing under Rijkaard.  Ronaldinho was being interviewed and asked "what's it like to be the best player in the world?"  His answer... "I'm not even the best player at Barcelona.... there's a kid...  So thought I'd look out for the kid. Every so often sport/art/music etc thorws up someone who is way beyond the norms. Football has had 2 in the last decade or so, and probaably won't produce any more in my lifetime.
There's an interview with Kevin Prince-Boateng which kind of sums it up where he says Ronaldo is the player that young players should strive to emulate in terms of training and hard work (not necessarily his strops on the pitch though). Messi is just in another world and almost impossible to emulate as it's all natural to him, he's a once in a lifetime player. When you look at videos of him playing as a kid he pretty much played exactly the same as he does now, same running and dribbling technique and everything.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #637 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 10:54:10 »

Proper football fan response to whinging Arsenal fans on what actually constitutes supporting an inept football club:

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/arsenal/254221/in-response-to-arsenal-whining-long-suffering-darlington-fan-describes-what-supporting-a-properly-inept-club-entails.html

Never mind Arsenal fans, I don't think we should be whinging after reading that lot.

There's little more cheering than Schadenfreude.  Thank you Darlo fan.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #638 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2017, 16:32:59 »

EFL to do live streaming of every clubs league games to overseas fans. Easy to work round with a vpn i should think
Panda Paws

« Reply #639 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2017, 16:45:48 »

Saw that this morning - still drives me mad that there's not a "season pass' style solution for UK fans.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #640 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2017, 16:56:09 »

Saw that this morning - still drives me mad that there's not a "season pass' style solution for UK fans.

Stupid broadcasting rules. Just use a VPN, thats what i'd do
Flashheart

« Reply #641 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2017, 16:57:01 »

I'll have some of that!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #642 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2017, 17:03:44 »

So will I! where is that proxy.... Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #643 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2017, 17:05:47 »

I might just pay depending on how flush I am (or am not). Proxies can be unreliable and frustrating.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #644 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2017, 17:12:04 »

Works out about 9 quid a month
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 144   Go Up
Print
Jump to: