Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 144   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What's right with football?  (Read 621976 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #540 on: Friday, October 14, 2016, 13:32:41 »

About time, someone needed to start the ball rolling, hopefully some of the other clubs follow suit:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/13/liverpool-introduce-40000-a-year-salary-cap-academy-players-jurgen-klopp
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: Saturday, October 15, 2016, 10:20:22 »

I believe Manchester United have had something similar in places for years.

One of their young players wanted wages above the cap. United stuck to their guns and didn't budge. Said Young players contract expired and he went away on a free transfer.

In August this year Manchester United paid 89m to sign him. Genius
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #542 on: Saturday, October 15, 2016, 10:23:28 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37660279
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #543 on: Saturday, October 15, 2016, 14:29:53 »

He kept the money though.  Cheesy
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #544 on: Saturday, October 15, 2016, 18:21:15 »

I believe Manchester United have had something similar in places for years.

One of their young players wanted wages above the cap. United stuck to their guns and didn't budge. Said Young players contract expired and he went away on a free transfer.

In August this year Manchester United paid 89m to sign him. Genius
Pogba wasn't an Academy player, he was a senior player and part of the 1st team squad at the time. Not even vaguely comparable. But you knew that. Trolling.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #545 on: Friday, November 18, 2016, 14:17:06 »

Safe standing moving a bit closer?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/17/premier-league-clubs-agree-further-talks-safe-standing
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #546 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 13:57:33 »

Good, I've never quite understood the objection if I'm honest.  If the clubs were actually serious about eradicating standing in grounds then I could, but watch MOTD any week and half of the ground are stood up in seated sections, which is far more dangerous than being stood up in safe standing areas.

The other thing that annoys me is they always roll out the Hillsborough Families for their reaction to it, they can hardly say anything other than what they do can they.

Anyone that has ever been to a football ground is well aware that it takes longer to get out of a stand with seats in it than it does from terracing (without fencing at the front) yet there were no calls to ban seated areas after the Bradford disaster
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #547 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 14:10:21 »

Good, I've never quite understood the objection if I'm honest.  If the clubs were actually serious about eradicating standing in grounds then I could, but watch MOTD any week and half of the ground are stood up in seated sections, which is far more dangerous than being stood up in safe standing areas.

The other thing that annoys me is they always roll out the Hillsborough Families for their reaction to it, they can hardly say anything other than what they do can they.

Anyone that has ever been to a football ground is well aware that it takes longer to get out of a stand with seats in it than it does from terracing (without fencing at the front) yet there were no calls to ban seated areas after the Bradford disaster

You only have to look at the time it takes to clear the central sections of the DRS post match to think that there might be problems in the event of an emergency.
Think that the last proper drill might have been back in the McMahon days and it took ages to get out,  much to general amusement.
Yes, it's mainly a concrete and steel structure but could still be carnage if there was a situation involving mass panic.
(Even more than Norris scoring at home).

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #548 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 14:13:42 »

Yes, it's mainly a concrete and steel structure but could still be carnage if there was a situation involving mass panic.
(Even more than Norris scoring at home).

Neither are very likely to happen.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #549 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 14:13:45 »

Pity in one way the younger fans will never get to experience the thrill/extreme terror. Of going from top to bottom of a terrace in seconds.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #550 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 14:18:23 »

Pity in one way the younger fans will never get to experience the thrill/extreme terror. Of going from top to bottom of a terrace in seconds.

Indeed, my favourite was the equaliser at Arsenal in the League Cup, where I went from close to the clock to virtually the front before we had finished celebrating Smiley
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #551 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 14:21:48 »

Indeed, my favourite was the equaliser at Arsenal in the League Cup, where I went from close to the clock to virtually the front before we had finished celebrating Smiley
Ditto! a bit scarey for a 13 year old as I was then but experiences I wouldn't ever change, something that will never be repeated with or without standing in the future.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #552 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2016, 17:09:40 »

Following the flight disaster involving the Chapecoense football team several things have happened which warms the heart a little.
Atletico National have asked for the Copa Sudamericana to be awarded to Chapecoense
Several clubs have offered to loan the club players so they can continue to play
Corinthians have gone as far as requesting that the club are immune from relegation for 3 seasons.

Rivalries really are put to one side in times like these which is nice to see.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #553 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2016, 17:13:29 »

Following the flight disaster involving the Chapecoense football team several things have happened which warms the heart a little.
Atletico National have asked for the Copa Sudamericana to be awarded to Chapecoense
Several clubs have offered to loan the club players so they can continue to play
Corinthians have gone as far as requesting that the club are immune from relegation for 3 seasons.

Rivalries really are put to one side in times like these which is nice to see.
PSG also have donated 40 million Euros.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #554 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2016, 17:14:30 »

PSG also have donated 40 million Euros.
I have just seen this. An incredible amount for the club
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 144   Go Up
Print
Jump to: