Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 144   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What's right with football?  (Read 621978 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Friday, July 17, 2015, 13:40:37 »

What a prick he is. He's gonna be hated by the Villa fans!
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Friday, July 17, 2015, 13:42:22 »

Makes no sense. It's not likely that he'll be starting ahead of Sterling that's for sure.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2015, 13:37:17 »

Having been sceptical in advance of C5 getting the FL highlights, some good news coming out about it that deserves applause
Sam Morshead ‏@SamMorshead_  42m42 minutes ago
Nice to hear the new Channel 5 Saturday highlights of Football League will take place on weekends when there isn't a Championship schedule.
Seems like C5 will treat L1/L2 as more than an afterthought then - take note BBC
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2015, 14:38:08 »

Having been sceptical in advance of C5 getting the FL highlights, some good news coming out about it that deserves applauseSeems like C5 will treat L1/L2 as more than an afterthought then - take note BBC

The BBC are deservedly getting a kicking from the Tories....OK it's because they have to pay back Murdoch, and not because of their shabby treatment of lower league football fans, but this is just one of many reasons why the Beeb will get little support from the general public.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2015, 15:15:07 »

The BBC are deservedly getting a kicking from the Tories....OK it's because they have to pay back Murdoch, and not because of their shabby treatment of lower league football fans, but this is just one of many reasons why the Beeb will get little support from the general public.
Fucking hell Reg, talk about not being able to separate out different issues. The BBC's coverage of lower league football wasn't great but it was OK, certainly better than the drivel fest that was on ITV. And even the low points (such as the "Not showing when Championship not on") hardly merit the kind of wholesale dismantling the Mail et al have been lusting after for years, assuming that is what the Tories have planned.
ReadingRed

Pragmatist clapper

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2015, 17:38:36 »

Interview with Shaun Barker, finally fit after THREE YEARS of rehabilitation. Amazing commitment. Worth a game-by-game contract?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/21/shaun-barker-derby-county-top-and-bottom-leg-held-together-by-skin
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2015, 20:48:25 »

Don't count me in. Aunty certainly isn't perfect, but anyone who wants to see it get a good kicking is surely going well over the top.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Monday, August 10, 2015, 14:29:24 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33849147

Good luck to them!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Monday, August 10, 2015, 16:25:33 »

http://t.co/EetMXmNRW8
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Monday, August 10, 2015, 17:18:17 »

shame they couldn't be bothered to support the team in it's previous life

I come from a land down-under
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 13:09:57 »

Sorry but I'm just going to go a couple of posts back and say fuck off Reg. The beeb has its problems but anyone who thinks it deserves a good kicking is either an utter moron or a prostitute of the Murdoch corporations.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 13:42:16 »

Sorry but I'm just going to go a couple of posts back and say fuck off Reg. The beeb has its problems but anyone who thinks it deserves a good kicking is either an utter moron or a prostitute of the Murdoch corporations.

Don't worry I think its all part of the challenge Reg has taken on to mention the Tories in ever post he makes, I have assumed he was being sponsored for it?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 14:34:42 »

The BBC "has it's problems"  a masterful example of understatement....it's been shown up as an essentially corrupt organisation....3 quick examples, huge pay offs of public funds to failed executives....Jimmy Savile cover up, still ongoing as far as I know....distorted reporting in cases like the miner's strike and subsequent cover ups.

The sadness of this is that Auntie used to have a reputation for high standards and independence.....it needs to be shaken up and got back to the notion of public service, whether that horse has bolted in modern times we'll see, but an organisation that can allow Clarkson etc to take out millions, not only in salary but profits, but not afford to put on a decent FL highlights show, deserves all it gets.

Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 18:07:52 »

The BBC "has it's problems"  a masterful example of understatement....it's been shown up as an essentially corrupt organisation....3 quick examples, huge pay offs of public funds to failed executives....Jimmy Savile cover up, still ongoing as far as I know....distorted reporting in cases like the miner's strike and subsequent cover ups.

The sadness of this is that Auntie used to have a reputation for high standards and independence.....it needs to be shaken up and got back to the notion of public service, whether that horse has bolted in modern times we'll see, but an organisation that can allow Clarkson etc to take out millions, not only in salary but profits, but not afford to put on a decent FL highlights show, deserves all it gets.

Saville related cover ups happened in the 70's and 80's. 'Distorted reporting', if it happened, happened in the same period. You can't blanket accuse people who weren't part of the corporation back then. If that's the case then anyone who works for pretty much any german industrial company now is culpable for Nazi atrocities.

I agree that running it like they do with 95 jillion levels of management and a lack of common sense with the public purse needs sorting out (moving to Salford seems all sorts of stupid to me), but if that's the price for an organisation that year after year produces truly great programming, and carries so much weight in the journalism community then ce'st la vie. If it is dismantled in the way the tories (and other media corporations) want it to be the future is nothing but bleak.

Also if you're going to quote me get the grammar right.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 08:47:22 »

Your faith in Auntie is touching, but I would argue it's been a long time since any really excellent programs were produced.

Of course, this is all a matter of opinion, there are clearly plenty of people, who think shows about making cakes, the terpsichorean prancing of minor celebs, and the daily grind of achingly dull Cockneys are cutting edge.

As for Savile, (one L not two, it's easy to make mistakes) the management of the Corporation is still happily making sure that Savile whistleblowers have no long term prospects, as a way of damage limitation.

In no sense am I arguing for the Tories to be allowed to ride roughshod over the Beeb, rather that the Corporation needs a shake up, and because of its management, both historic and current, has less support in the public domain, than it maybe hopes for in fighting off the likely Tory shitstorm.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 144   Go Up
Print
Jump to: