Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 144   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What's right with football?  (Read 622226 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Saturday, July 19, 2014, 22:01:36 »

Up to 14k now i read
Hammer

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Saturday, July 19, 2014, 22:14:31 »

Up to 14k now i read

Football fans from the North-east are probably the best in the country, except for the fact that they are actually Scottish benefit cheats. If you like blonde, single mums, I suggest a cultural staycation to the Hadrians Wall area may be worth further consideration. Maybe Costanza could elaborate.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Saturday, July 19, 2014, 23:04:16 »

I can't imagine the scenario whereby I, or others would do likewise had they been Oxford fans.

I don't know, sometimes we realise it is only football and common decency wins out.
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #183 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 21:51:24 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-28416351

Good gesture from the lad and not the first time he's done something like this.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 22:02:04 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-28416351

Good gesture from the lad and not the first time he's done something like this.

Hadn't spotted another local boy lost to the fold. Son of Adie? How come we didn't nab him from Chippenham?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Friday, August 1, 2014, 22:07:49 »

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Friday, August 1, 2014, 22:27:40 »

Sooooooo the wrong thread.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 16:31:09 »

http://fpffuk.wordpress.com/2014/08/04/sporting-braga-the-deal-of-a-lifetime/

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Thursday, August 14, 2014, 08:41:17 »

More a "what's right with German football" but still:

The chief executive of the Bundesliga, Christian Seifert, says there would be “a huge shitstorm” if clubs such as Bayern Munich were to start charging as much for tickets as Premier League sides.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/13/bundesliga-premier-league-germany-ticket-prices
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Thursday, August 21, 2014, 09:39:54 »

Coventry moving back to playing in Coventry.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Thursday, August 21, 2014, 11:16:06 »

Coventry moving back to playing in Coventry.

Will be making the trip up there again for sure!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Thursday, August 21, 2014, 17:41:01 »

About time too, though I do quite like Sixfields..
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 18:28:57 »

Former Liverpool and Leicester keeper Pegguy Arphexad's career post football....

Acting career
After retiring from football, Arphexad went back to the island of Guadeloupe where he pursued an acting career. After a number of rejections he turned to the adult industry and went under the alias of ' the stopper '.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Thursday, October 2, 2014, 21:03:07 »

Tonight I went to watch Sparta Prague against Young Boys Berne. A few things:

- My ticket cost about £11.
- Beer cost £1, as did the food (tasty sausage). Both enjoyed from the comfort of my seat
- match day programme cost about 70p
- the prague ultras did not shut up for ninety minutes. Admittedly they did have a drum, but it wasn't beat with the same moronic rhythm to one dull song. Likewise the away fans. And they didn't sing anything to the tune of sloop john b once.
- After the match (which prague won 3-1, scoring one of the best volleys I've seen in the process) the prague players remained on the pitch for a lap of honour. They would line up in front of each stand, and do some kind of synchronised waving, and the crowd would wave back. They did this in front of every stand. When they got to the ultras, the ultras started chanting - the whole ground was bouncing and the players were joining in with the song. This is after a Europa league group game. I've put this on Facebook for those unfortunate to have me on their.

It was undoubtedly the best "match day experience" I have had in a very long time.
« Last Edit: Thursday, October 2, 2014, 21:08:39 by Bogus Dave » Logged

Things get better but they never get good
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Thursday, October 2, 2014, 21:32:33 »

Tonight I went to watch Sparta Prague against Young Boys Berne. A few things:

- My ticket cost about £11.
- Beer cost £1, as did the food (tasty sausage). Both enjoyed from the comfort of my seat
- match day programme cost about 70p
- the prague ultras did not shut up for ninety minutes. Admittedly they did have a drum, but it wasn't beat with the same moronic rhythm to one dull song. Likewise the away fans. And they didn't sing anything to the tune of sloop john b once.
- After the match (which prague won 3-1, scoring one of the best volleys I've seen in the process) the prague players remained on the pitch for a lap of honour. They would line up in front of each stand, and do some kind of synchronised waving, and the crowd would wave back. They did this in front of every stand. When they got to the ultras, the ultras started chanting - the whole ground was bouncing and the players were joining in with the song. This is after a Europa league group game. I've put this on Facebook for those unfortunate to have me on their.

It was undoubtedly the best "match day experience" I have had in a very long time.

Any way of the rest of us getting to see? Those that are interested, of course..

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 144   Go Up
Print
Jump to: