Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town F.C v Stevenage F.C Official Matchday Thread  (Read 22740 times)
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, April 20, 2013, 18:30:59 »

Bournemouth promotion confirmed after Brentford draw at Hartlepool.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, April 20, 2013, 18:45:41 »

Great result, good momentum for the play offs!

Watched argyle v rotherham today, Evans and revell both still cunts. On a side note, stockport relegated to conference north today! Doesn't seem to be that long since we played them!!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Saturday, April 20, 2013, 18:50:40 »

Stockport fans started punching kiddy players
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Saturday, April 20, 2013, 19:04:10 »

Good solid performance by all the team.

Can we start thinking of QPR...Reading and the like in a few months time,Well at this moment we have a 1 in 4 chance.
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Saturday, April 20, 2013, 19:41:08 »

Well I enjoyed that, honestly. Smiley

Me too.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Saturday, April 20, 2013, 19:50:45 »

Not read the thread but hooray for confortable wins! We should have scored a lot more today.

We've been fortunate with the fact that Town just played two clubs with absolutely zilch to play for. I'm not arguing with that either. I think that if we were truly crashing and burning on the pitch then we wouldn't have been convincing victors over Crewe and Stevenage.

De Vita looked shattered in the second half and McCormack is an absolute animal isn't he!?! Hopefully he'll be around for a couple more seasons. McCormack got Lopez sent-off from absolutely nothing. It was very soft from where I was, not that I care.

We're going in to May and all things considered over this season, that's an achievement.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Saturday, April 20, 2013, 20:19:42 »

Nearly didnt make it due to the M4 debacle but stuck it out and got there with half an hour to spare.Think we were a bit lucky with the red,thought Macca was going too.Luongo improving every game,Macca MOM for me.Thought the young sub showed some good touches,especially when he put Collo clean through.Disappointed not much love shown to MacDonald-tried to start a "we are KMac's red and white army" but only a few(SiPi,Jayo,IOB,IBIMR) joined in!Nice to see Roberts play well,the extra space was handy tho'.WE CAN DO THIS!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Saturday, April 20, 2013, 20:32:37 »

Champo or L1 next year, Luongo is looking more and more like an asset we'd do well to keep hold of.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Saturday, April 20, 2013, 21:06:02 »

Stevenage number 8 was a right moaning prick
kerry red

« Reply #129 on: Saturday, April 20, 2013, 21:16:21 »

His feet was inside,so not outside the box...but he didn't need to risk it.

His feet were inside the box but he scooped the ball from an arm's length from outside the box.

Should have been red TBH - but, hey, who gives a fuck!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Saturday, April 20, 2013, 22:30:48 »

Why would deliberate handball mean a red? It wasn't as if it was denying them a scoring opportunity was it? According to the radio there weren't any Stevenage players about, therefore it was just handball as far as I'm aware, so a yellow.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Saturday, April 20, 2013, 22:31:24 »

His feet were inside the box but he scooped the ball from an arm's length from outside the box.

Should have been red TBH - but, hey, who gives a fuck!
Why would deliberate handball mean a red? It wasn't as if it was denying them a scoring opportunity was it? According to the radio there weren't any Stevenage players about, therefore it was just handball as far as I'm aware, so a yellow.

When determining whether a goalkeeper may touch a ball with his hands, only the position of the ball matters. If the ball had not crossed (or touched the plane above) the boundary of the goalkeeper's own penalty area, it would be considered deliberate handling, The restart would be a direct free kick at the location of the handling.

The goalkeeper might be cautioned if the act prevented the development of a promising goal scoring opportunity in the opinion of the referee. The goalkeeper might be sent off if the ball would have entered the net if not for the handling (and without being touched again by any player) in the referee's opinion.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Saturday, April 20, 2013, 22:33:16 »

So if the commentator is to be believed Wes was harshly booked?
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Saturday, April 20, 2013, 22:35:29 »

So if the commentator is to be believed Wes was harshly booked?

the officials missed it, wes was not booked. the whole crowd saw it and gasped and stevenage bench went mental. not sure how lino missed it
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Saturday, April 20, 2013, 22:37:25 »

Oh really? Oops. Thought he was booked for it. My mistake.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: