Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Do you think you have changed over the years?  (Read 6469 times)
Baggins

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, April 19, 2013, 17:44:53 »

Its Friday evening, I'm sitting with two kids and watching In the Night Garden.  It wasn't always like this.

And I bloody love it.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, April 19, 2013, 18:01:02 »

In the night garden was my cue for 20 minutes sleep on the sofa with the kids watching the programme avidly when they were younger. Very soporific programme.

Never knowingly overstated.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, April 19, 2013, 18:07:13 »

I have to pluck nasal hairs now. That's new.
fatbasher

« Reply #33 on: Friday, April 19, 2013, 18:07:42 »

I have to pluck nasal hairs now. That's new.

Join the club old boy.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, April 19, 2013, 18:08:46 »

I didn't expect I'd start doing it at 26 though
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #35 on: Friday, April 19, 2013, 18:23:46 »

I'm 52 today and as I've got older I've had a lot of changes. Fat fucker and a reverse Mohican for starters. As others have said hair is coming out of every orifice rather than my head. I've got a lot more introverted and don't give much of a shit about going out other than Town and gigs. I've never really given much of a fuck about what other people think of me and I give even less of a fuck now. My politics have stabilised to the left whereas when I was young they swung from extreme right to extreme left.
I now know my limitations and its good to stretch towards the limits occasionally.
I pretty much live for my wife and kids and I get a lot more enjoyment out of them doing things well than I do from me doing things well. When I was younger, everything was about me, now its about them. I was a right pain in the arse to my parents but I now know that although I disappointed them in many ways, they still loved me as I would my kids if they fucked up.
Sorry to waffle on but started on the birthday beer.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, April 19, 2013, 18:26:30 »

Happy Birthday Chalkies.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, April 19, 2013, 18:28:29 »

Happy Birthday

I'm still not as good a human being as I like to think I am

Things get better but they never get good
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, April 19, 2013, 18:31:00 »

Nope, I haven't changed.

It's just every other fucker has gotten more stupid an irritating  Smiley
Bumpkin

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, April 19, 2013, 18:40:39 »

Happy Birthday Chalkies, great post.

Some of you young uns could learn from it!

Good to know that your priorities are in the right order, Town, gigs wife & kids.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, April 19, 2013, 18:44:53 »

Most definitely. I certainly wish I was the same weight as I was in my twenties with the same amount of hair and the same tolerance for alcohol and late nights/early mornings. Now it is watching the diet, the bald patch growing, too many beers and I feel sh*t for most of the next day and am quite content to get the last bus home.

I am also now Mr Grump with many things that I did not give a thought about when younger - it is a pain being old!

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, April 19, 2013, 18:51:10 »

Happy birthday CS.

Weight gain.  I used to have a nice flat stomach pre children.

Whereas Lucien said he was less confident now, I'd say I've got more confident as I've got older.

I'm far less selfish, which probably comes from having children and the need to put them first.

I used to hate staying in at weekends, now it's the norm.  I still enjoy a good night out, but as 90% of the time the next day will be a complete write off, I often turn invites out down.   The thought of watching my son playing football on a Sunday morning fighting the urge not to be sick is less than appealing.  I think back 15-20 years and wonder how I used to manage 3 nights out on the trot, although I did used to stay in bed until early afternoon, which probably changed.

I'm going on a Hen Do next weekend.  I don't imagine I'll feel human until at least Wednesday  Smiley

And I can vouch for Ticker45 being Mr Grump at times, as he's my dad!
woolster

« Reply #42 on: Friday, April 19, 2013, 19:21:21 »

Happy birthday john, you moaning old cunt Pint
woolster

« Reply #43 on: Friday, April 19, 2013, 19:29:06 »

Its Friday evening, I'm sitting with two kids and watching In the Night Garden.  It wasn't always like this.

And I bloody love it.

* IgglePiggle.gif (12.27 KB, 101x171 - viewed 99 times.)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, April 19, 2013, 21:45:55 »

They tend to go like wire wool when you hit 40 Yes

Mine are like fucking straw....wurzel gummidge had softer!

I just spot arseholes quicker and have less tolerance (Jutty excepted) would of been nice to have earlier as I would if fucked my ex missus off quicker!

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: