Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 263   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 528232 times)
Wonder Strike

« Reply #180 on: Friday, April 19, 2013, 15:37:38 »

The whole thing is getting silly.  Power will probably just vanish like those other dudes.  Then some other random dude's name will leak and repeat all over.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Friday, April 19, 2013, 16:19:20 »

The whole thing is getting silly.  Power will probably just vanish like those other dudes.  Then some other random dude's name will leak and repeat all over.

Bill & Ted?
Flashheart

« Reply #182 on: Friday, April 19, 2013, 16:25:45 »

Excellent!
steveg

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Friday, April 19, 2013, 17:57:34 »

I would like to see Stratton Bank utilised more next season ie £10/3 a ticket for those not fussed with soft condititions.Who knows 10k everyweek which should be the norm in my mind.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #184 on: Friday, April 19, 2013, 18:12:06 »

You have to be very naive to think the only way to make money out of the club is if it turns a profit.

The club has been making big losses for years but lots of people have made money during that period. Players, managers and agents for a start. Mike Diamandis didnt do too badly for himself either!

Not saying the new owners are seeking to line their own pockets as I have no reason to believe this is the case. No harm in keeping a close eye on things though.
This is my view but I suspect this lot are a bunch of shysters. no real evidence just based on hunches.
Flashheart

« Reply #185 on: Friday, April 19, 2013, 18:23:14 »

Nobody is being naive in the slightest because we are trying to dig away at possibilities of how they may be trying to fleece us.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 14:31:08 »

Resurrected this on the news that Power had joined STFC. People’s opinions at the time.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 14:55:50 »

Thanks, the conclusions I am drawing are

a) I actually spoke some sense back then;
b) I posted a hell of a lot less before I started working from home;
c) Sadly I think it just reinforces that for one reason  or another we have seen the last of Reg, he would be loving the present situation!
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 16:10:33 »

IF we were to get relegated this season, I make it 4 out of the 9 seasons with Lee Power as owner that we'd have spent in Division 4, and that is more heavily weighted to the back end of his time here. A downwards trend.

His ownership has been a ruddy disaster hasn't it
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 16:41:36 »

IF we were to get relegated this season, I make it 4 out of the 9 seasons with Lee Power as owner that we'd have spent in Division 4, and that is more heavily weighted to the back end of his time here. A downwards trend.

His ownership has been a ruddy disaster hasn't it

The lows have been, in Swindon terms, pretty ruddy low but there was early promise.

2013-14: Good - Should have done better
2014-15: Great - Unfortunate final couple of months
2015-16: Average
2016-17: Awful
2017-18: Bad - Stuck in L2
2018-19: Bad - Stuck in L2
2019-20: Great - Promoted
2020-21: The worst
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Thursday, April 15, 2021, 13:16:20 »

Thanks, the conclusions I am drawing are

a) I actually spoke some sense back then;
b) I posted a hell of a lot less before I started working from home;
c) Sadly I think it just reinforces that for one reason  or another we have seen the last of Reg, he would be loving the present situation!
He would indeed.  

We had not a care in the world as we used to mock his predictions of Conference football.

« Last Edit: Thursday, April 15, 2021, 13:20:38 by RedRag » Logged
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Friday, April 16, 2021, 01:07:04 »

Bloody hell.............. Surely the FA / FL must see STFC has been played like a fiddle and realise enough is enough.

Good honest hard working football supporting people are openly being screwed over by opportunists who are vetted by the governing bodies of FA/ FL as fit and proper people. 

Surely we must hold the FA /FL responsible for their actions and claim against these organisations for not supplying "Fit for purpose" service to the Swindon community.

COYMRs Bad Mood     
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Friday, April 16, 2021, 10:20:59 »

I don't know if this has been posted on another thread, if so apologises.

On Twitter National Self Build & Renovation Centre have publicly withdrawn their financial support for the club siting
the way in which the club is being run on and off the field.

OK, it maybe no great financial loss, but it is the principal and the fact that they are prepared to do this publicly.

ً Retweeted
NSBRC
@NSBRC
·
15h
It is with genuine disappointment that we confirm we will not be renewing our sponsorship of #STFC next season. We have expressed our concerns around the lack of vision, communication and transparency. We encourage fans to follow
@TrustSTFC
 and
@STFCSupClub
 This is our club. 🔴
NSBRC
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Friday, April 16, 2021, 19:33:11 »

Not sure where to put this taradiddle but here goes.

Just back from pub and had an odd conversation with a communal drinker (no STFC affiliations at all) who had this to regale us with.

Apparently a colleague/friend/workmate was asked to get out to Beversbrook today and paid £200 just in case there was a problem with fans turning up to cause problems. Whether there were any problems the communal drinker did not know.

He also said that same c/f/w/ attended the Rochdale game but was not allowed entry as not being on the official list but was paid £100 to "look after" a Rolls Royce. This Rolls owner often comes up from London on a regular basis and has a Reg. Number on one car of PIG 1 and another of PIG 2, and is rumoured to be putting money into the club for a player in the team.

This could of course could be the 80% bollocks of the forum, but the communal drinker has no real idea what is happening to STFC, has no real interest, and I do not think it is bulls*t, but then again. 

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Friday, April 16, 2021, 19:42:13 »

Not sure where to put this taradiddle but here goes.

Just back from pub and had an odd conversation with a communal drinker (no STFC affiliations at all) who had this to regale us with.

Apparently a colleague/friend/workmate was asked to get out to Beversbrook today and paid £200 just in case there was a problem with fans turning up to cause problems. Whether there were any problems the communal drinker did not know.

He also said that same c/f/w/ attended the Rochdale game but was not allowed entry as not being on the official list but was paid £100 to "look after" a Rolls Royce. This Rolls owner often comes up from London on a regular basis and has a Reg. Number on one car of PIG 1 and another of PIG 2, and is rumoured to be putting money into the club for a player in the team.

This could of course could be the 80% bollocks of the forum, but the communal drinker has no real idea what is happening to STFC, has no real interest, and I do not think it is bulls*t, but then again. 

The same vehicle that turned up at Fleetwood and the same people inside.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 263   Go Up
Print
Jump to: