Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Crewe Alexandra F.C Official Matchday Thread  (Read 30446 times)
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 21:07:33 »

I think every man and his dog had money on Crewe tonight!

Swindon's economy just took the worst downturn since the advent of the Class 14!

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
Flashheart

« Reply #196 on: Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 21:09:53 »

Righty.

Everyone bet on Stevenage for Saturday.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 21:16:13 »

Where did that come from? It was like rewinding back to January. Back to 4-4-2 and playing more direct just like we did under Di Canio. And it worked. Our hunger was back as well and we actually won some tackles and looked up for it. We took our chances but could have had a few more even.

Fantastic result and 4 points ahead with 2 to play. Win on Saturday and we've booked a play off place. Might just be the confidence boost we needed.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 21:16:42 »

If i'm going to be hyper critical, the defence still looked less than solid. Though Macdonald did admit as much in his press conference afterwards, so good he acknowledged it.

Good going forward, a bit more direct, like swindon of old. Good movement in the final third.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Williams' clearance off the line at 1-0 turned out crucial. went up the other end and scored. If that had gone to 1-1 who knows.

Crewe were a side who looked to be on holiday, exactly the right side to be playing now to get some form and confidence. Hopefully stevenage will be the same on saturday.

Things get better but they never get good
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 21:18:03 »

The only difference between today and the oldham game (notts county too to a lesser extent) was that the ball actually went in between the posts. If anything, we created more chances against oldham.

It's a funny game

walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 21:18:04 »

Happy with that result, team played well. Not to sure about their penalty. Looked like he dived. Support was fantastic. What was with the clapping for a minute? Up the Town.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #201 on: Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 21:21:30 »

If i'm going to be hyper critical, the defence still looked less than solid. Though Macdonald did admit as much in his press conference afterwards, so good he acknowledged it.

Good going forward, a bit more direct, like swindon of old. Good movement in the final third.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Williams' clearance off the line at 1-0 turned out crucial. went up the other end and scored. If that had gone to 1-1 who knows.

Crewe were a side who looked to be on holiday, exactly the right side to be playing now to get some form and confidence. Hopefully stevenage will be the same on saturday.

Agree with all of that. We still look very shaky defending crosses. Williams, Luongo and Byrne were all good today.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #202 on: Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 21:22:25 »

Thank fuck for that and thank fuck Crewe were the least physical side we've played this season. They didn't have two big lumps at the back, which is all teams have needed recently. Also thank fuck for a referee who kept his cards in his pocket and played on whenever he could.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 21:23:41 »

Good performance. The players really rolled their sleeves up and went for it today. Not seen a flying header like Luongo's for ages.

Dave does have a point though, we did get caught a couple of times square at the back as Crewe broke. One lead to the pen. I thought they called Wes "the cat"* because of his gravity defying saves, beginning to think its because he has nine lives. The handball and today, both could have been red.

*they don't
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 21:23:47 »

What was with the clapping for a minute? Up the Town.

Not sure what that was either, but I clapped. Just an acknowledgment of the level of effort the lads put in?
Flashheart

« Reply #205 on: Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 21:24:23 »

If i'm going to be hyper critical, the defence still looked less than solid.

I had a few heart flutters listening on the wireless.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 21:25:05 »

Not sure what that was either, but I clapped. Just an acknowledgment of the level of effort the lads put in?

On the 9th minute, for Andy Rowland. It was announced before the game.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 21:27:11 »

I had a few heart flutters listening on the wireless.

I said during the game that a clean sheet might be as good for morale as the win. How long now since we kept one? I guess it's not too suprising since we've been playing musical chairs at full back for the past month and a bit

welshred

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 21:27:29 »

Luongo's goal was ace. Fair play, you don't see many youngsters on loan putting their head in to an area where it could get kicked off!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 21:29:07 »

Was very sceptical before the game, but really enjoyed that. We probably played the best we have in the last two months against a team who played good football and had pace.  Couldn't be critical of one performance tonight - more of the same on Saturday please.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: