Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Crewe Alexandra F.C Official Matchday Thread  (Read 30244 times)
skay

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 13:54:49 »

Is that the away leg? Could affect trains and what not?

Yeah it is. London wouldn't be so bad. Could a few more coaches being organised like last time for Sheffield.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 13:56:42 »

Can't find a confirmation, but in previous years 3v6 is normally the first game

They are confirming the games after the final round of fixtures.  I assume the TV guys will have a bit of a say in the matter and any potential police related issues.
skay

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 14:00:45 »

Also interesting....

http://twentyfour7football.com/doncaster-and-brentford-could-play-47th-game-4824

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #258 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 16:06:10 »

Just watched the highlights on player. Luongo's goal is fucking brilliant.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 16:26:37 »

Comments on highlights:
- How did Williams miss t he header before Rooney's first?
- Collins appeared pissed off with the Town End after he scored

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 16:46:57 »

Collins also fucked off straight down the tunnel while the rest of the players stayed out to clap the support. He certainly seemed pissed off.
oldtownred

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 17:29:52 »

Just watched the highlights on player. Luongo's goal is fucking brilliant.
Especially with that boot flying towards his head...
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #262 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 19:07:11 »

Apparently Collins has had pelters on twitter from some of our more mongy contingent. Might be pissed off because of that.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 19:17:58 »

Apparently Collins has had pelters on twitter from some of our more mongy contingent. Might be pissed off because of that.

he did look genuinely pissed off, started to celebrate then deliberately turned away - not a happy bunny
Spud

« Reply #264 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 19:37:59 »

James Collins #winner
paddieu

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 22:09:22 »

avoid bournemouth at all costs, i don't think i could take the inevitable ritchie winner as the final nail in coffin for the season

u mean it wasnt in the contract that he cudnt play against us ?!!    Wink
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Thursday, April 18, 2013, 00:48:24 »

he did look genuinely pissed off, started to celebrate then deliberately turned away - not a happy bunny

I don't know what has been said to him on twitter but if he's had shit from our fans I feel for him a little. He's scored 16 in all comps for us in a season where he has been in and out of the team in addition to changing managers/owners etc... I really don't get the slating our players thing.

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Thursday, April 18, 2013, 09:20:30 »

Luongo's goal was ace. Fair play, you don't see many youngsters on loan putting their head in to an area where it could get kicked off!

Took me back to those "oooh Shaun Taylor" moments of old.

A good game all round I think. Nice to see Gary Roberts running round like someone had set his arse on fire. he put in a real performance as did everyone else.

Not surprised that Adam Rooney got MoM but, for me Nathan 'The Mighty Atom'* Byrne edged it. I like him and wish he could stay. A real prospect for whoever ends up with him.

* Or should that be "Atom Ant" for that "Up and at em Atom Ant" chant?
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Thursday, April 18, 2013, 10:16:44 »

Having watched the highlights, we need Luongo. Him and Ferry would be a dynamite centre pairing in the championship. I have a feeling that him and Byrne may be out of our price range though. I haven't seen a goal scored like Luongo's for ages, properly brave bugger he is.

It was great to see us remembering how to score again, even if Roberts still can't do it. Poor bastard, he was so pissed off after his misses.

Flint heading across for Rooney's goal was reminiscent of goals from last season- De Vita scored a couple as I remember, particularly memorably against Huddersfield in front of the Town end. That's what our CB's should be doing at corners, not going for goal and missing like they've been trying to this season.

Was also good to see Joe Devera back in the team. He's been sorely missed.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #269 on: Thursday, April 18, 2013, 10:45:50 »

Is Devera out of contract this summer? I like Joe, he's been unlucky to not have played more games this season, I think he's better than Flint. If Flint was Devera's height there would be no contest between the two of them.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: