Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sheffield United F.C v Swindon Town F.C Official Matchday Thread  (Read 49953 times)
RedOx

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: Monday, April 15, 2013, 09:14:57 »

Went a bit overboard on the Jaegers pre match and don't remember much after half time, which may make me one of the lucky ones. Evidently fell over once or twice.

Nice to make the acquaintance of Donkey and Red Frog before the game  Bye

I thought that the Jaegers were a bad idea at the time, but in hindsight they were a very well thought out plan!

Good to meet Donkey and apologies to Red Frog for talking bollix on the train back to Oxford!  Bye Embarrassed
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: Monday, April 15, 2013, 09:33:47 »

Second half was actually not a bad away performance, just lacked cutting edge.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: Monday, April 15, 2013, 09:38:02 »

Second half was actually not a bad away performance, just lacked cutting edge.

And that pretty much sums up the KMac era, eh? Hopefully Collins, Williams or A Rooney (any Rooney...) will miraculously rediscover their shooting boots in time for a playoff run...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: Monday, April 15, 2013, 09:58:47 »

In this case we didn't really supply them with any clear opportunities to miss. Nearly but not quite..
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: Monday, April 15, 2013, 11:54:06 »

KMac does not seem to like playing the width game, he seems to enjoy playing narrow hence his 4-5-1 with no wingers

I was not at Sheff Utd so cannot say how we played but were the 'wingers' playing wide with the full backs trying to overlap to get a cross in or were they looking to take it inside at every opportunity.

I think part of the problem with KMac was he has tried to change too much too soon, we was not a team deep in a relegation fight when he came in so had to get points on the board straight away regardless of how they were achieved, we was a team that had been playing a certain way and getting results playing that way, that had just suffered some upheaval and needed to settle and get back to playing the decent type of football we had been playing with the same style.

With these players getting the injuries I do wonder if we are missing the fitness work that the PDC regime put in to ensure players stayed fit, and with KMac does not have such a high emphasis on this in his sessions more on the technical way.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #485 on: Monday, April 15, 2013, 12:19:27 »

We haven't got any wingers. Ritchie has gone and Roberts is useless. RdV is a striker playing wide and Williams was a wideman now playing centre. I can see why KMac is playing it narrow even if its the wrong thing to do.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: Monday, April 15, 2013, 12:24:32 »

I thought we were narrow in the first half, but given we were being torn a new one I think more width would have made it even worse.
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: Monday, April 15, 2013, 12:25:46 »

Because everybody was too fucking depressed to sing.

Next time I'll wear a stupid hat and ring a cow bell for 90 minutes. Only if that make's you happy though?

That was an embarrassing atmosphere.  Quiet as.  Doesn’t help when the Arkells  1. go to away games, 2. sit in the middle and 3. complain that people are standing near them.  Some lads gave it a go second half, but if the best we can come up with is that annoying rip off of the Aldershot song, then things are quite possibly worse than first thought.

Dog shit atmosphere, has been for most of the season.
kerry red

« Reply #488 on: Monday, April 15, 2013, 12:45:49 »

Most of the sides I've seen this year have 2 big bastards at centre half and banging in crosses for whoever we have up front has not worked.

We look better trying to outplay a team's defence on the deck to get into a good position - problem with this is that it is the first thing to go when confidence is shot and fans start getting on player's backs
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: Monday, April 15, 2013, 18:49:23 »

Up front, straight swap with Collins. Showed some good feet at one point. Actually I can't remember too much about the last 15. Too busy sulking Smiley

I thought Francis was playing wide left, with Williams back in the middle.
 Like you, I'd never heard of him before either. The way the players are dropping at the moment we could have a few more such cameos over the next couple of weeks.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: Monday, April 15, 2013, 18:55:26 »

I thought Francis was playing wide left, with Williams back in the middle.
 Like you, I'd never heard of him before either. The way the players are dropping at the moment we could have a few more such cameos over the next couple of weeks.

Actually you could be right. As I say, I seem to have no memory of the last 15.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: