Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sheffield United F.C v Swindon Town F.C Official Matchday Thread  (Read 50619 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 22:11:08 »

Mac said that Navarro had a tight hamstring.  Maybe he took him believing he would be ok, maybe he felt it in a fitness test.  It's not like he had a right lot of choices to change it at short notice.

I would prefer Navarro be 100% fit for the next 3 games rather than risk losing him for the rest of the season against Sheff Utd away.

I am surprised everyone is so upset about losing away at Sheff Utd.  I can understand people being pissed of with the performance, but I didn't expect us to win up there with the injury problems we have at the moment and the form that we have been in.  Did everyone else really expect us to sweep them aside with no issues?
No, but I think the thing that has startled many is that:
- In the first half we were humiliated by a nervous, out of form team that was lacking in confidence
- At one point today, in the live table, we had dropped out of the play off places
- Today we official can no longer finish in the top 2

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 22:16:23 »

Mac said that Navarro had a tight hamstring.

Didn't know that.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 22:30:36 »

No, but I think the thing that has startled many is that:
- In the first half we were humiliated by a nervous, out of form team that was lacking in confidence
- At one point today, in the live table, we had dropped out of the play off places
- Today we official can no longer finish in the top 2

Utd have just changed manager, apart from us you usually see a reaction.  Their fans on TFF are saying it was their best performance of the season.

After the last 4/5 weeks nobody can be that surprised that we are not going to make autos, or were going to drop out of the play off places at some point.  It's hardly hit us out of the blue, we haven't played well since January.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 22:31:14 »

Didn't know that.

Said it in the post match interview, I know you didn't hear it.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 22:37:36 »

Has Mr Venkman changed his username?   Hmmm
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 22:40:57 »

Sorry I am missing the lets all kick K Mac bit.

Today we got bullied. Midfield lightweight and what else could we have done. Would have risked Devera right back as we were up against a physical side however the players were not up to it and should take the responsibility.

Preying a takeover and more worried about our future. All gone very very quiet. Here is hoping.

Lucky results today now if we don't win the next 2 home games we deserve nothing. Still in our hands but plays offs and the lottery.

Still I would take a future rather than a play off place right now.

Hoping for good news at end of season off field.
....or we are in trouble.

What's your take on the current lot then DoB? I'm guessing that if they don't sell up we will have to make ends meat by cutting the wage bill and selling players to stay afloat?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 22:43:00 »

As for the game, another disappointing result for us. We were lucky that other results went our way with the teams below us. We haven't won in 5 games yet we're still in the top 6 that's how poor this league is. The stupid thing is a lot of fans are getting on the players and managers backs but it's still in our hands. Win the next 2 and it's a done deal. Now is the time to back the players, sadly I can see it being the opposite at the CG this week if we're not 1-0 inside 20 minutes.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 23:13:06 »

How many did we take?
skay

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 00:37:00 »

How many did we take?

On a positive note, it's nice to see our fans paying their respects to Margret Thatcher with yet another 90 minutes of silence like we did at MK.
Spud

« Reply #399 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 01:54:07 »

On a positive note, it's nice to see our fans paying their respects to Margret Thatcher with yet another 90 minutes of silence like we did at MK.

Because the team were so inspiring on the pitch, weren't they!?
Levi lapper

« Reply #400 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 06:19:06 »

Indeed, in the nicest way. Spill it or GTFO.

Speak for yourself, personally I'm rather pleased to get a bit of info from what I consider to be a more reliable sauce than most, appreciating people can't always reveal all on an Internet forum without compromising their own sauces....
bullethead

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 08:00:27 »

What's all this talk of Jed and co leaving, have I missed something?
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 08:22:15 »

Depends whether you believe rumours with zero substance (at the moment)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 09:59:28 »

What's all this talk of Jed and co leaving, have I missed something?

Duke of Banbury, who has been around for years, and for obvious reasons, has his ear very close to the ground, as regards the Banbury Massiv, had informed us that the present Board will be out of the door in the next fortnight. Hedging his bits a bit now though...I'd very much like this to be true, if the new owners, seemed to have a bit more gravitas.

Wishful thinking I suspect....
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 10:04:10 »

Duke of Banbury is making shit up to get a reaction.

There, I said it. You're all thinking it.

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: