Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sheffield United F.C v Swindon Town F.C Official Matchday Thread  (Read 49962 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 19:35:32 »

Everyone involved in this has issued their own 'statement' of truth on the course of events - each, obviously, wanting to absolve themselves of any blame on what actually happened.

But here we are, imploding by the week.

Again, I can't really see why Black couldn't/wouldn't hold on til season's end - when we almost certainly would have been promoted, thus making the club more attractive.

From what I've heard, PdC was universally loathed at the club

Thats not quite right though is it. As J Wray liked him a lot.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 19:41:40 »

I wouldn't say KMac falls into either category.

I have to agree with Kerry Red's comments about Black as well.  This whole decline started when he set ridiculous timescales to sell the club and basically invited Bournemouth to come and get Ritchie at rock bottom price by saying the whole team were up for sale.  It's starting to look more and more likely that he has got rid of us to a bunch of clueless, disinterested idiots with no financial backing.  I can't help but feel more than slightly pissed off with Black tbh.

To be honest Jo, my comment wasn't about MacDonald more about PDC. Just saying a loathed manager who gets results, is a manager I'd like.

Even back in 93 there were always rumours that the players didn't like Glenn.
Flashheart

« Reply #452 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 19:43:20 »

To be honest Jo, my comment wasn't about MacDonald more about PDC. Just saying a loathed manager who gets results, is a manager I'd like.

Even back in 93 there were always rumours that the players didn't like Glenn.

From what I gather Macari wasn't all that popular either.
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 20:47:37 »

It means everything. The accusation is out there and he has not denied it.

What's more is that anybody would have to be extraordinarily stupid to create such a fallacy when it could so easily be denied. They would know that all PDC would have to do is deny the accusation and they are left looking like a bunch of lying cunts. If they did want to make something up, they'd find something else.

Well obviously, because everything is either black or it's white isn't it?  Roll Eyes

There could be any number of reasons why he didn't come out and deny it. Why should he or anyone else have to issue a statement to refute every rumour? He may just be being a cunt, or he may not have even been aware of it - as far as I recall Moreshead spoke to his 'representative' (Spencer maybe?) who refused to comment. Apart from anything else anyone would be well advised not to comment in the press just after you've parted company with your employer under those sort of circumstances. It's utterly ridiculous to conclude that it must be true just because it hasn't been denied.

Also, the club statement didn't say there was a threat to sue from PDC - as far as I can recall it was very vague and just referred to "ex-employees".

Lets face it Paolo has moved onto bigger and better things, anyone who seriously thinks he's sat up at night plotting revenge on STFC is deluded. The fact is very likely to be that he could no longer give an actual fuck. And anyway even if he intended to sue (he doesn't) and he had a valid constructive dismissal claim (he hasn't), the claim would be worth comparatively very little now, as he got a new job within a few weeks.

It's a steaming pile of horse shit.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 21:06:15 »

I just don't believe the timescale Black put on having to sell the club.

I do

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 21:07:37 »

Black had tried and nearly succeeded in selling the club the previous summer which is a fact many people overlook.

100% agree with you

« Reply #456 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 21:10:03 »

Well obviously, because everything is either black or it's white isn't it?  Roll Eyes

There could be any number of reasons why he didn't come out and deny it. Why should he or anyone else have to issue a statement to refute every rumour? He may just be being a cunt, or he may not have even been aware of it - as far as I recall Moreshead spoke to his 'representative' (Spencer maybe?) who refused to comment. Apart from anything else anyone would be well advised not to comment in the press just after you've parted company with your employer under those sort of circumstances. It's utterly ridiculous to conclude that it must be true just because it hasn't been denied.

Also, the club statement didn't say there was a threat to sue from PDC - as far as I can recall it was very vague and just referred to "ex-employees".

Lets face it Paolo has moved onto bigger and better things, anyone who seriously thinks he's sat up at night plotting revenge on STFC is deluded. The fact is very likely to be that he could no longer give an actual fuck. And anyway even if he intended to sue (he doesn't) and he had a valid constructive dismissal claim (he hasn't), the claim would be worth comparatively very little now, as he got a new job within a few weeks.

It's a steaming pile of horse shit.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21625512

It was reported by the BBC for crying out loud. It was in the national press.

If you have been accused of doing something quite serious in the national press that you have not done, or considered doing, you're going to refute it. He made subsequent interviews with the BBC afterward and chose not to make even the slightest mention.

Why was there no objection from PDC to this article?
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 21:14:01 by Flashheart » Logged
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 21:24:48 »

Just want to make a few points after reading this thread.

Maybe Paolo has never come out and denied suing the club because he's leveraging for some sort of pay-out that can be (and most probably will be) sorted amicably rather than through a court case.

Jed never wanted to keep Di Canio. Let's not play silly buggers here people.

Peace

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 21:31:26 »

Doesn't matter if the manager is liked or not, successfull or not, if you can't afford him.  Without Black (or even with really) we couldn't afford him.

People should stop harking back to PDC, he wasn't sustainable, end of.  Just a shame we didn't go for a similar replacement, rookie ex player boss IMO.  They are a gamble but at least generate a bit of excitement even when they don't work out.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 21:31:57 »

Why was there no objection from PDC to this article?

Who exactly do you expect to to be able to answer that question?

That article has no quotes and no sources - the story doesn't even claim to have originated from unnamed sources. It's probably based on the interview PDC gave before Crawley away when he threatened to quit and alleged the club had breached his contract. In retrospect that was all highly likely to be to manouvre an exit whilst preserving his famous 'loyalty' rather than there ever being any genuine intention to sue the club.
Flashheart

« Reply #460 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 21:44:26 »

Who exactly do you expect to to be able to answer that question?

No no no.

You don't get out of being unable to answer a simple question that way!

You have so far offered 'being a cunt' and 'him not being aware' (although it was in national media).

Hmmm

manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 21:59:29 »

Are you serious?

Your logic amuses me.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 22:05:06 »

To be fair, Di Canio has been quick enough to issue statements over other matters, so why not around this?  I can understand Flasheart's logic.
Flashheart

« Reply #463 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 22:09:29 »

Does anybody have a realistic suggestion as to why PDC (or anybody) would not object to what would amount to slander in the press?

Genuine question.
Flashheart

« Reply #464 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 22:11:12 »

To be fair, Di Canio has been quick enough to issue statements over other matters, so why not around this?  I can understand Flasheart's logic.

He didn't like the hand grenade bit at all. I think he responded to that within hours.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: