Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sheffield United F.C v Swindon Town F.C Official Matchday Thread  (Read 49976 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 17:58:50 »

As i said a few weeks back he never had any intention of suing the club....in my opinion.

Just because he didn't deny it means zilch.

And if there was chance he was going to then i doubt the embargo would have been lifted.

For what its worth I totally agree with you, he may have been considering it but the chance at Sunderland changed all that.  Now, this was widely reported in the newspapers so why doesn't the board come out and say it is over and done with . . . . probably at the same time they can explain a few more things!!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 18:14:58 »

For what its worth I totally agree with you, he may have been considering it but the chance at Sunderland changed all that.  Now, this was widely reported in the newspapers so why doesn't the board come out and say it is over and done with . . . . probably at the same time they can explain a few more things!!
I can't shift the feeling that they're happy to hide behind the on-field distractions for a little while, the concerns over the board have pretty much just become frustration at their choice of appointment which doesn't get us anywhere... if they're still here next month
Flashheart

« Reply #437 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 18:20:08 »

We've not heard a peep from this Greg Hall chappie
kerry red

« Reply #438 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 18:27:28 »

I reckon a whole lot of the things which have happened recently have been smokescreens.

Black sold Ritchie to get rid of di Canio - this seems pretty obvious to me - and I don't think for a minute that the administration bogey man was ever a likely outcome.

The new lot also didn't want to retain di Canio - hence the 'no phone call' to ward off his resignation.

Whether this is entirely down to financial reasons or just petty revenge I don't know.

I just don't believe the timescale Black put on having to sell the club.

We've been butt-fucked by just about everyone involved.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 18:29:27 »

I reckon a whole lot of the things which have happened recently have been smokescreens.

Black sold Ritchie to get rid of di Canio - this seems pretty obvious to me - and I don't think for a minute that the administration bogey man was ever a likely outcome.

The new lot also didn't want to retain di Canio - hence the 'no phone call' to ward off his resignation.

Whether this is entirely down to financial reasons or just petty revenge I don't know.

I just don't believe the timescale Black put on having to sell the club.

We've been butt-fucked by just about everyone involved.
None of the parts highlighted in bold make any logical sense whatsoever. It's up there with 9/11 conspiracy theories. Well done.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 18:32:18 »

On the football front, I didn't even know who Francis was until he came on v Sheff U. Did OK in a cameo role.
Flashheart

« Reply #441 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 18:33:19 »

Why on Earth would black want rid of Di Canio when he was selling the club anyway?

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 18:34:20 »

On the football front, I didn't even know who Francis was until he came on v Sheff U. Did OK in a cameo role.
where did he play ?
He's decent but I've only seen him play wide left.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 18:34:35 »

None of the parts highlighted in bold make any logical sense whatsoever. It's up there with 9/11 conspiracy theories. Well done.

Actually, the new lot not wanting to retain PDC does make some logical sense in a way. If they couldn't afford him and came outright and said they didn't want to retain him then I think they were on a hiding to nothing with the fans.

That doesn't make it true.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 18:35:42 »

where did he play ?
He's decent but I've only seen him play wide left.

Up front, straight swap with Collins. Showed some good feet at one point. Actually I can't remember too much about the last 15. Too busy sulking Smiley
kerry red

« Reply #445 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 18:38:32 »

Why does it have to be logical?

If the new lot wanted to retain PdC they could have done so - even if meant bullshitting him to see the season out.

They made no contact because they wanted him out - probably to get rid of his salary.

Black had seen Wray/PdC taking the piss with his money and decided to fuck them all off - and bollocks to the fans.

Fair enough, it's his decision - but he was the catalyst for everything that has happened since.

If a multi-millionaire can't hold on for a few more months and avoid his 'car crash' scenario than my cock's a kipper
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 18:46:49 »

Why does it have to be logical?

If the new lot wanted to retain PdC they could have done so - even if meant bullshitting him to see the season out.

They made no contact because they wanted him out - probably to get rid of his salary.

Black had seen Wray/PdC taking the piss with his money and decided to fuck them all off - and bollocks to the fans.

Fair enough, it's his decision - but he was the catalyst for everything that has happened since.

If a multi-millionaire can't hold on for a few more months and avoid his 'car crash' scenario than my cock's a kipper
It's still completely unclear whether the current board contacted Paolo or not. Both parties have contradicted each other entirely so it's impossible to draw any kind of assumption from it that isn't based on the belief that one party is lying through their teeth (which I'm loathe to do personally).

The salary thing is a misnomer as it was stated in the press that terms were agreed on a new deal and the only stumbling block was the takeover not going through by a specific date and time set by Di Canio - something completely out of the control of the board as it was with the FL at the time.

Black had tried and nearly succeeded in selling the club the previous summer which is a fact many people overlook.
kerry red

« Reply #447 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 19:07:31 »

Everyone involved in this has issued their own 'statement' of truth on the course of events - each, obviously, wanting to absolve themselves of any blame on what actually happened.

But here we are, imploding by the week.

Again, I can't really see why Black couldn't/wouldn't hold on til season's end - when we almost certainly would have been promoted, thus making the club more attractive.

From what I've heard, PdC was universally loathed at the club
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 19:17:49 »

Universally loathed and gets results vs liked and doesn't get results. I know which type of gaffer I want in charge of the club.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 19:32:27 »

Universally loathed and gets results vs liked and doesn't get results. I know which type of gaffer I want in charge of the club.

I wouldn't say KMac falls into either category.

I have to agree with Kerry Red's comments about Black as well.  This whole decline started when he set ridiculous timescales to sell the club and basically invited Bournemouth to come and get Ritchie at rock bottom price by saying the whole team were up for sale.  It's starting to look more and more likely that he has got rid of us to a bunch of clueless, disinterested idiots with no financial backing.  I can't help but feel more than slightly pissed off with Black tbh.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: