Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Masters 2013  (Read 16492 times)
Spud

« Reply #45 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 12:39:34 »

I'm hoping for an Adam Scott top 4 finish as it will claw back my bets for the weekend plus a bit extra.

Got him at 16/1.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 14:32:53 »

I've never played golf in my life and ain't that big a fan. But even I know when you take a drop it has to be in the same place, you're not allowed to move it for an advantage and if you're not sure you ask an official. Woods knew what he was doing and thought he'd get away with it.

From reading the papers this morning, someone who was watching the tele got in touch with Master officials, who, after looking at the pictures, said Tiger didn't do anything wrong...only for Tiger to admit he took the drop from the wrong spot. The officials only penalised him once he admitted it.

If anyone is at fault, is the officials who didn't penalise him in the first place. Considering just about every TW shot is covered and analysed, you would've though they would've spotted it in the first place.

Maybe the officaials are doing their bit in trying to help Tiger win for all the extra press coverage they would probably get.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 14:44:28 »

I thought it was after Woods had said in his press conference he had gone back a couple if yards to get a better lie/yardage.

Up to that point they had concluded that he didn't drop it where he should, but hadn't gained any advantage.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 15:44:04 »

I for one am happy there was no DQ for TW..have quite a sum on him at 1/3 to finish top 10..just hope he is patient tonight
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 16:11:07 »

From reading the papers this morning, someone who was watching the tele got in touch with Master officials, who, after looking at the pictures, said Tiger didn't do anything wrong...only for Tiger to admit he took the drop from the wrong spot. The officials only penalised him once he admitted it.

Others had noticed the drop was in the wrong place and were talking about it and raising the issue - definitely some of the commentators (not sure from what channel though). Reckon more would have come of it even if he hadn't said what he did.

Plenty of other players have been disqualified for similar rule breaches having been reported by TV viewers, only difference is their name wasn't Tiger Woods.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 16:18:16 »

Others had noticed the drop was in the wrong place and were talking about it and raising the issue - definitely some of the commentators (not sure from what channel though). Reckon more would have come of it even if he hadn't said what he did.

Plenty of other players have been disqualified for similar rule breaches having been reported by TV viewers, only difference is their name wasn't Tiger Woods.

I think the Masters committee were quite happily to cover it up...until Tiger mentioned the incident in an interview...where they were forced to act,and then gave him the lesser punishment.

Personally, I think he thought he could do what he did in the rules, and that is why he thought nothing of it, but as you say people have been disqulified in the past, though they did include this rule a few years ago. I think they'll rename it 'The Tiger Rule'.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 23:18:57 »

Has basically taken until the last hole this year before this got exciting.

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 23:34:18 »

I'm knackerd but can't go to bed till it's over.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 23:43:26 »

Some quality golf at the end there.
DMR

« Reply #54 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 23:48:17 »

Superb.

Butch Harmon is the boy.
Spud

« Reply #55 on: Monday, April 15, 2013, 00:02:38 »

Lovely little PP account top up. Cheers Adam!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, May 27, 2013, 19:37:05 »

David Howell qualifies for the US Open golf in three weeks time.

There were 12 places up for grabs out of a field of 94 at Walton Heath today and he got through.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/10446067.Howell_qualifies_for_US_Open/

Nice to see him slowly getting some form back.
« Last Edit: Monday, May 27, 2013, 19:43:22 by leefer » Logged
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, May 27, 2013, 22:44:09 »

Fair play to Khan as well after yesterday
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: