Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Franchise F.C v Swindon Town F.C Official Matchday Thread  (Read 51831 times)
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2013, 18:18:14 »

Watch how he celebrated against Bury  Bye

Cunt  Smug Fuck Off
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2013, 18:34:36 »

I'm just like most fans I think, overly optimistic when things are going well, miserable as fuck when they're not. If it wasn't for the fact we we're right up there at one point, a top half finish in our 1st season back in League 1, most would be satisfied.  If only they never raised our expectations.......

Yes

To steal a John Cleese quote from Clockwise: "It's not the despair, LauraHerthab. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand."
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2013, 18:36:05 »

Yes

To steal a John Cleese quote from Clockwise: "It's not the despair, LauraHerthab. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand."

...and even when the going was good, we rarely had the opportunity to truly enjoy it.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2013, 18:43:43 »

What worries me most about MacDonald is that in the 2nd half of games we have looked worse than in the 1st.

Presumably with the exception of the two games where we've won it in the second half (Coventry and Yeovil) and against Oldham when we secured a point in the second half.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2013, 18:45:49 »

The Coventry away match, Luke Rooney came on and had a great impact and set up the winner - since then he has been rarely if at all used and the ineffective De Vita preferred ahead of him. Baffling.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2013, 19:02:45 »

The Coventry away match, Luke Rooney came on and had a great impact and set up the winner - since then he has been rarely if at all used and the ineffective De Vita preferred ahead of him. Baffling.

Not really, RDV is a better player in my eyes. Quite why he (or Rooney if you prefer) have been benched and a couple of the Spurs lads walk straight in is what baffles me.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2013, 19:08:44 »

Not really, RDV is a better player in my eyes. Quite why he (or Rooney if you prefer) have been benched and a couple of the Spurs lads walk straight in is what baffles me.

Think when everybody is going on about players being knackered and we need reinforcements, which is why the umbongo needs to go, it would be perverse in the extreme to get said perceived reinforcements and not use them.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2013, 19:15:44 »

Signing those three loan players have caused havoc!!

Bring back Mr Embargo.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2013, 19:17:37 »

Think when everybody is going on about players being knackered and we need reinforcements, which is why the umbongo needs to go, it would be perverse in the extreme to get said perceived reinforcements and not use them.

Not really, we needed cover which they are - see Byrne for Thompson. We also needed quality to strengthen which we didn't get.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2013, 20:10:26 »

Not really, we needed cover which they are - see Byrne for Thompson. We also needed quality to strengthen which we didn't get.

But presumablty that costs...see Bradley Wright-Phillips has scored for Brentford tonight at Crewe, if they can hang on they move into a strong position for auto.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2013, 20:18:18 »

But presumablty that costs...see Bradley Wright-Phillips has scored for Brentford tonight at Crewe, if they can hang on they move into a strong position for auto.

Yes it costs. No I don't see evidence of the same budget being available either.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2013, 20:29:03 »

Looking back, that M'bargo fella wasn't half decent.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2013, 20:34:59 »

Yes it costs. No I don't see evidence of the same budget being available either.

Brentford home and hosed now at 2-0...
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #448 on: Friday, April 12, 2013, 02:58:31 »

Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #449 on: Friday, April 12, 2013, 03:06:44 »

Players come and players go... but Ritchie's exit still 'hurts', you know, in that football way.
Paolo's exit hurts far more than Ritchie's does. Let's be honest here.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: