Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Franchise F.C v Swindon Town F.C Official Matchday Thread  (Read 51833 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2013, 14:36:13 »

I think Benson and Williams would be a cracking front two, Williams is all the pace with no finishing, that's where Benson comes in.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2013, 14:40:14 »

Strange, as he looked like a decent option from the bench in KMac's first few games.

I thought the perfectly timed introduction of Luke Rooney at Coventry won us the game.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2013, 15:13:55 »

Our current formation is '4-5-1'...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2013, 15:46:33 »

Benson is the round peg for the round hole in that situation.

If this is KMac's way then I suspect he'll bring in more players that fit that style over the summer.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2013, 16:50:12 »

I really don't get the wankfest over Benson.  He didn't cut it at the beginning of the season here and he wasn't prolific at Portsmouth on loan. Why people are making out he could have been our saviour is beyond me. A threadbare squad, best player sold on the cheap, a manager who espoused loyalty fucking off, an owner who got bored of his new toy and did a runner, Holland being injured and going back to his parent club and a stikeforce that need 20 chances to score a single fucking goal are the main reasons we're struggling. 
Ok, MacDonald's made mistakes,  but to blame our implosion solely on him is blinkered in the extreme.
Benson..... fuck me.

It's All Good..............
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2013, 16:59:47 »

I really don't get the wankfest over Benson.  He didn't cut it at the beginning of the season here and he wasn't prolific at Portsmouth on loan. Why people are making out he could have been our saviour is beyond me. A threadbare squad, best player sold on the cheap, a manager who espoused loyalty fucking off, an owner who got bored of his new toy and did a runner, Holland being injured and going back to his parent club and a stikeforce that need 20 chances to score a single fucking goal are the main reasons we're struggling. 
Ok, MacDonald's made mistakes,  but to blame our implosion solely on him is blinkered in the extreme.
Benson..... fuck me.

Players are always better when they're out of the side....back in late November, you said you'd be happy with consolidation. I wonder if you'd regard where we are at the moment as such?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2013, 17:02:52 »

What worries me most about MacDonald is that in the 2nd half of games we have looked worse than in the 1st.

A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2013, 17:04:00 »

I really don't get the wankfest over Benson.  He didn't cut it at the beginning of the season here and he wasn't prolific at Portsmouth on loan. Why people are making out he could have been our saviour is beyond me. A threadbare squad, best player sold on the cheap, a manager who espoused loyalty fucking off, an owner who got bored of his new toy and did a runner, Holland being injured and going back to his parent club and a stikeforce that need 20 chances to score a single fucking goal are the main reasons we're struggling.  
Ok, MacDonald's made mistakes,  but to blame our implosion solely on him is blinkered in the extreme.
Benson..... fuck me.

Many fine points, the one I'm going to comment on is the Benson one - it's always the same, and probably at every other club. If x wasn't injured/loan/shit, he'd solve all our problems. We've seen it with Luke Rooney this season and even Alan Connell. It's just an expression of hope.b

But then I don't understand how Collins gets such an easy ride for really not being much of a footballer and yet costing rather a lot of money.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2013, 17:05:21 »

Benson..... fuck me.

Yes. Yes Yes Yes

Things get better but they never get good
adje

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2013, 17:27:29 »

Would we be doing better if we still had Ritchie? Would KMAC be getting the grief he is if we still had Ritchie?

And Hollands-we're missing him too

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
adje

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2013, 17:31:36 »

I caught his two goals from the weekend, it's like seeing your ex out with a new bloke. It was painful.

Is it just me,or did his "celebration" seem half-hearted?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2013, 17:33:07 »

Players come and players go... but Ritchie's exit still 'hurts', you know, in that football way.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2013, 17:47:43 »

It says something about how bad the Doncaster performance was, when last nights pathetic effort was still miles better.

Not sure how Luongo is getting plenty of praise for last night, bar one good run to set up donkey Collins I thought he was wasteful in possession and offered very little. Not as bad as Parrett, of course - why were we aiming every goal kick at him when he doesn't even attempt to challenge for a header?

If you could combine Thompsons defensive abilities with Byrne's quality on the ball then you would have one cracking right back.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2013, 18:11:04 »

Players are always better when they're out of the side....back in late November, you said you'd be happy with consolidation. I wonder if you'd regard where we are at the moment as such?
I'm just like most fans I think, overly optimistic when things are going well, miserable as fuck when they're not. If it wasn't for the fact we we're right up there at one point, a top half finish in our 1st season back in League 1, most would be satisfied.  If only they never raised our expectations.......

It's All Good..............
Ritchie_is_a_cherry

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2013, 18:15:51 »

Is it just me,or did his "celebration" seem half-hearted?

Watch how he celebrated against Bury  Bye
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: