Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Franchise F.C v Swindon Town F.C Official Matchday Thread  (Read 51777 times)
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2013, 10:33:20 »

Given our fixtures until the end of the season..for which it's difficult to see a win, apart from maybe Scunny, if they're already down, they have to fancy it.

You find it difficult to see us winning against Crewe or Stevenage?
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2013, 10:39:38 »

It's Reg, he was probably predicting we would lose most weeks last season.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2013, 10:40:21 »

Yep...Crewe are a decent side, who continue to make steady progress with a young team. They do give you a chance and wont park the bus...but having won the JPT, I think they'll have a strong finish to the season.

Stevenage have Westley back...after a terrible run, he'll turn them around, they will park the bus, along with other dubious tactics, just the sort of side we've not been able to do anything with at the CG this season.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2013, 10:41:30 »

I have asked him the same question and he said he followed football but wasn't a huge fan, but when Milton Keynes got a football team he just saw it as something to do on a Saturday.

Exactly the demographic Winkleman was after i suppose. Don't blame your Mrs' dad. Do blame Winkleman though.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2013, 10:55:39 »

I just hope KMac can show that he isn't afraid to change things. Something clearly wasn't working as it should have against Donny.

Get Ferry and Luongo in the middle of midfield. Roberts on one side and De Vita on the other. 2 up front also please.

I'd be happy with this, even if he shifts to it after half time/60 mins if 4-5-1 isn't working.

I'm worried De Vita's time at the club will end this summer as, despite being short of wide players, Kmac hasn't played him. I don't want to see De Vita go, I think he's a cracking player who, on his day, can really do the business.

We haven't even seen him played as a striker yet, and that's his natural position. What with how poor some of our first touches/finishing is atm, it'd surely be worth a shot?
Uncletrunx

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2013, 11:08:31 »

Big game for MacDonald tonight, screw it up and there are going to be a lot of unhappy fans.

This is very true, but I think the bloke is getting unfair stick (as is the new board)

There is nobody at the club currently who is responsible for
a) pulling funding suddenly, causing mass panic and then sale of our best player to a promotion rival at a knock down price just to keep the club from folding
b) voicing their discontent via the media, then setting arbitrary deadlines to have the situation resolved, adding to the overall uncertainty
c) walking away when those deadlines weren't met (outside the control of the club)

Given that we've had a mid-term change of owners and management and that the FL imposed embargo means we've missed out on several players who would've bolstered a promotion push (and arguably lost the previous manager because of it), it seems a little harsh to heap all of the blame at the feet of the new manager and his choice of formation.

Missing out this year would be annoying given the position we were in around Christmas, but given the circumstances it can't really be blamed on those in charge now, in my opinion.

As for tonight, 1-1 draw if we're lucky. They score first, we equalise from the spot.

"Absolute Calamity!"
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2013, 11:16:40 »

This is very true, but I think the bloke is getting unfair stick (as is the new board)

There is nobody at the club currently who is responsible for
a) pulling funding suddenly, causing mass panic and then sale of our best player to a promotion rival at a knock down price just to keep the club from folding
b) voicing their discontent via the media, then setting arbitrary deadlines to have the situation resolved, adding to the overall uncertainty
c) walking away when those deadlines weren't met (outside the control of the club)

Given that we've had a mid-term change of owners and management and that the FL imposed embargo means we've missed out on several players who would've bolstered a promotion push (and arguably lost the previous manager because of it), it seems a little harsh to heap all of the blame at the feet of the new manager and his choice of formation.

Missing out this year would be annoying given the position we were in around Christmas, but given the circumstances it can't really be blamed on those in charge now, in my opinion.

As for tonight, 1-1 draw if we're lucky. They score first, we equalise from the spot.

Good points, well made. I've said from the outset, that MacDonald would need to be a miracle worker to get us up against the backdrop you've outlined and should be judged on his ability to keep us up next season, against a new backdrop of losing players and wage bill cutting. 

However,  it appears the average Town fan isn't likely to be as considered in their judgement as us. Another poor show tonight and the voices of discontent will get louder.
Uncletrunx

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2013, 11:20:46 »

Good points, well made. I've said from the outset, that MacDonald would need to be a miracle worker to get us up against the backdrop you've outlined and should be judged on his ability to keep us up next season, against a new backdrop of losing players and wage bill cutting. 

However,  it appears the average Town fan isn't likely to be as considered in their judgement as us. Another poor show tonight and the voices of discontent will get louder.

Sad but true.

I get the feeling that the financial circumstances aren't going to be as kind to the current manager as they were to the last one, and the fact that he hasn't got messianic levels of charisma will mean he gets far more stick than he deserves. I hope the current board back him over the longer term (unless he proves to be entirely incompetent, which I doubt), and he is able to develop a solid team of players in the way he did at Villa.

"Absolute Calamity!"
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2013, 11:27:03 »

2-1 either way

I come from a land down-under
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2013, 11:31:59 »

Im going, not overly confident tbh and i think it will be very tough.

They score first we will lose, need a much better performance than donny as i felt i had completely wasted my money, not something i usually feel after footie even after a defeat
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2013, 11:38:59 »

If our home record is anything to go by then i'd probably agree with him.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2013, 11:50:24 »

Your son has lost a bit of his positivity with the 1-0 prediction  Cheesy

I thought that, perhaps he is finally starting to understand such optimism is dangerous Smiley
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2013, 11:51:41 »

I can't make it tonight, was going to the original date but the cunts got through in the cup. Hoping we put in a decent shift tonight, I reckon we might nick a 1-0 win.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2013, 12:18:07 »

I think we'll get beat 2-0 by Franchi$e. I think 900 Town fans will make the trip and just a point that I hate these bastards!

#VivaKenBarlow!
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2013, 12:55:01 »

Four home wins in the third division tonight.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: