Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 4,600  (Read 7820 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 20:22:12 »

It is a bloody good number sold.....if we do reach the promised land of The Championship then that will double i reckon.

Great effort by Town fans that.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 20:23:32 »

Not really Reg (think Lumps has had a reasonable go FWIW). I just don't see why you have to continually be such a prophet of doom. I'm sure the feeling is mutual but thank god I haven't got to live with you. If your (half) empty glass philosophy carries through to the rest of your life I'd be suicidal within hours.

I mainly lurk but always wonder if reg actually enjoys the football anymore and is more akin to the flat earth advocates who just want to debate.I never see him commenting on games or on the occasions where we've had some great days recently, but aplenty on anything remotely negative.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 20:28:19 »

I mainly lurk but always wonder if reg actually enjoys the football anymore and is more akin to the flat earth advocates who just want to debate.I never see him commenting on games or on the occasions where we've had some great days recently, but aplenty on anything remotely negative.

Forum....even the Romans had men who would preach doom and negativity.

Because thats how they saw it....thats how Reg sees it and has the bollox to say it.

Gladly these days the preachers of facts and doom are more readily welcomed.....a lot better than being poisoned by claret or thrown in a pit of poisinous  snakes Roll Eyes
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 20:43:33 »

Because thats how they saw it....thats how Reg sees it and has the bollox to say it.

Gladly these days the preachers of facts and doom are more readily welcomed.....a lot better than being poisoned by claret or thrown in a pit of poisinous  snakes Roll Eyes

I would disagree in this context, as I doubt reg actually believes in all that he writes. More a defender of doom, even when it's not necessary. Maybe he has Euphobia.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 21:00:07 »

I would disagree in this context, as I doubt reg actually believes in all that he writes. More a defender of doom, even when it's not necessary. Maybe he has Euphobia.

No one believes all they write....it is a form of answers and questions....many things i write a few moments later my views are totally different.

Everything in life dosn't have to add up...or be the truth....every good forum has people who give the alternative view.

But i grasp what you are getting at Smiley
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 21:05:01 »

To be fair, Reg has seen a lot of crap over the years, more than most of us, and we never seem to be very far from a crisis, even the glory years were steeped in mega fuck ups, we've never properly recovered from. Caution is good where we're concerned.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 21:10:30 »

To be fair, Reg has seen a lot of crap over the years, more than most of us, and we never seem to be very far from a crisis, even the glory years were steeped in mega fuck ups, we've never properly recovered from. Caution is good where we're concerned.

Indeed, but at least enjoy the moments when they do come round. Otherwise, what's the point?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 21:22:36 »

After many years  of supporting I still have no answer to that!
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 22:15:02 »

Cleopatra: I have a poisonous asp.
Mark Anthony: Oh, I wouldn't say that (whilst checking out her arse).

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 22:20:05 »

[url]http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn.htm[/url

Season on season rise in recent attendances. Doubt many clubs in our league can say that
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 22:34:45 »

Season on season rise in recent attendances. Doubt many clubs in our league can say that

Think you were after this link: http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/swit.htm

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 22:39:57 »

That site is a bitch to post links to - no justification for still using frames like that.
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 22:47:25 »

That site is a bitch to post links to - no justification for still using frames like that.

Yes, I thought frames went out with smileys  Cheesy

Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 22:51:50 »

From the same site, this caught my eye (see attached)

I always think of town as a second tier club that has fallen on hard times but over the long term we're very much a third tier club.  I guess my incorrect impression of it has to do with when I was born/started following.

donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 22:54:51 »

From the same site, this caught my eye (see attached)

I always think of town as a second tier club that has fallen on hard times but over the long term we're very much a third tier club.  I guess my incorrect impression of it has to do with when I was born/started following.

I think some website worked out where teams had finished throughout their history and created a huge league table.  I think we were about 5th in League One.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: