Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Formation  (Read 6534 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #15 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 18:37:45 »

I think what I should have asked is.... Is KMAC doing a good job?

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 18:41:41 »

Yes he is doing alright.

I do think keeping Di Canio without the shit that went down would have given us a better chance of promotion though. Just because continuity is usually better than change when a team is doing well.

That said, there is no guarantee we'd be better off under PDC with the off field crap and the injuries.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 18:42:56 »

The formation isn't necessarily wrong though the players are playing in the wrong positions to make it work.  To make a 351/433 work you need 2 attacking pacy wingers. Ferry and Roberts aren't that.

To turn a 351 into a 433 quickly you need pace.  We would have been better playing Collins up front on his own with Williams on the wing, then that might be a viable 433 because the lone man up front would get supported by pace.

IMO Williams is better than Rooney, despite what happened today.  Williams didn't have a chance on his own up front with no pacy support.  I felt sorry for Williams today being brought off when we went to 2 up front, especially when our muppet fans cheered when his number came up.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 18:47:33 »

On another day we could have won 5-0 and no one would have giving a fuck what the formation was or who played where.
Flashheart

« Reply #19 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 18:48:51 »

I felt sorry for Williams today being brought off when we went to 2 up front, especially when our muppet fans cheered when his number came up.

**Shudder**
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 18:49:51 »

A lot of these narrow games probably would have been settled with a goal from Ritchie. That's my theory until someone proves me wrong!
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 18:53:13 »

A lot of these narrow games probably would have been settled with a goal from Ritchie. That's my theory until someone proves me wrong!

You're right Sonic. No guarantee Richie would have scored mind.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 18:55:36 »

I miss us not using two wingers either side, never seem to get many decent crosses from wide areas. With Collins and Rooney, they are better with their heads, than their feet.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 20:22:22 »

This, this, over 9,000 times this.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 20:53:34 »

I'm struggling to see how it can be considered negative when we are getting so many shots and so many sitters.

Were we getting more shots in under PDC?

We were scoring more goals under PDC and winning more matches.

Why Williams and Collins have both seemingly gone off the boil since he left, I couldn't tell you...
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 21:03:47 »

The form of Williams and Collins has been sporadic all season long.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 22:13:30 »

We just had Ritchie's goals to gloss over that before. If you are a scout trying to identify our main threat now, what would you say? I'm not really sure.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 22:15:57 »

If you are a scout trying to identify our main threat now, what would you say?

To the fans behind the goals?
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 23:11:24 »

We just had Ritchie's goals to gloss over that before. If you are a scout trying to identify our main threat now, what would you say? I'm not really sure.

Teamwork?
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 00:29:39 »

We were scoring more goals under PDC and winning more matches.

Why Williams and Collins have both seemingly gone off the boil since he left, I couldn't tell you...
I'd say it's more to do with Ritchie leaving than Di Canio.  We miss him dreadfully in terms of assists and goals.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: