Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Oldham Athletic AFC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 32149 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 08:40:31 »

My two boys are mascots today..............looking forward to the day.

We need to win today anything else I believe it will be play-offs at best.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 08:45:02 »

I'm going to regret this probably, but this morning I have cracked.  Wife is working all day, so faced with a day at home with the boys I have decided today's as good a day as any for their first game.  They're 4¾ and 3¼.  Bit young, I know.  I expect to see no more than 10 mins football in each half and to spend the rest of the time buying drinks, picking crayons up off the floor and helping with trips to the toilet.  My brother has gallantly offered to swap his season ticket in the Town End to help.  I'm not sure we're going to be on speaking terms by 5pm.   Grin

Any recommendations for somewhere to take a couple of little ones for a bite to eat before the game?  We're coming in off the M4 at J15, so was thinking of the Sun Inn at Coate.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 08:48:19 »

Haven't got a clue how today is going to pan out, Anything could happen at home & we might even get a win.
I'll go for 2-1 With Ward & Collins getting a late winner. Should be a more relaxed feel about the place today and it's £2 a pint in the Legends so worth popping in.
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 09:01:43 »

The sun is out, beer is £2 in the legends, 2nd in the league and we've signed 3 new players. All adds up to a 2-0 win in front of 8,941, a goal in each half from Roberts and Williams.

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #19 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 09:03:48 »

The sun may be out but it's fucking freezing out there. I've bitten the bullet and bought some gloves today.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 09:04:55 »

Just fucking win.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 09:05:36 »

4-0 Town, Gareth Bale's twin to grab the hat trick on debut.

Its only a matter of time until a visiting team ends up on the wrong end of drubbing.
WR5

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 09:05:53 »

Any recommendations for somewhere to take a couple of little ones for a bite to eat before the game?  We're coming in off the M4 at J15, so was thinking of the Sun Inn at Coate.
Can't help with where to eat but if you still have some time to kill before the game take them in the junior robins room, plenty of colouring and the like for the little ones

WR5

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 09:06:37 »

Oh and 2-0 Roberts and one of the new lads

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 09:13:42 »

Can't help with where to eat but if you still have some time to kill before the game take them in the junior robins room, plenty of colouring and the like for the little ones

Thanks for that.  Where is it?  Arkells Stand, I presume?  (I'm not a regular in the Legends, so today will be my first time in the Arkells for a very long time.)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #25 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 09:15:05 »

The sun may be out but it's fucking freezing out there. I've bitten the bullet and bought some gloves today.
Big gayer
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 09:15:45 »

Thanks for that.  Where is it?  Arkells Stand, I presume?  (I'm not a regular in the Legends, so today will be my first time in the Arkells for a very long time.)

It's in the DR, on the Stratton bank corner where the study centre used to be, even has a mini football goal in it!

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 09:22:19 »

Thanks for that.  Where is it?  Arkells Stand, I presume?  (I'm not a regular in the Legends, so today will be my first time in the Arkells for a very long time.)

The spotted cow (just before the sun inn as you come in off the motorway) is a good family friendly pub to go for lunch.

Hope the little 'uns enjoy their first visit to our Mecca, and preferably see their first win!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 09:23:39 »

Looking forward to today.

A win is a must with the toughies coming up.
WR5

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 09:25:01 »

Its in The DRS right at the bank end , you can get to it from the outside so don't need to go through the turnstiles first

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: