Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Spurs trio...  (Read 51575 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 19:28:46 »

What you been sniffing?

Luongo was the bollox.
Thought he stayed on the ball way too long a lot of the time, resulting in losing possession.  Early days though and he's obviously got ability.  Parrett was the pick of them for me.

It's All Good..............
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 19:31:43 »

Thought he stayed on the ball way too long a lot of the time, resulting in losing possession.  Early days though and he's obviously got ability.  Parrett was the pick of them for me.

Cant agree....but thats footy.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 19:32:16 »

I thought Luongo had the bigger impact on the game, but has to learn when to run with it and when to pass. The team is more important than him scoring a wondergoal and catching the spurs coaches eyes.

Parret played a few fantastic balls over the top for Williams, but also went for the worldy wondergoal shot a couple of times when he should have passed.

Both good additions though. Just need KMac to reign in those tendencies.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 19:35:02 »

What you been sniffing?

Luongo was the bollox.

He was better 2nd half, first half he made too many runs where he ended up running into players without passing.  I think somebody had word in his shell at half time to get him to release it quicker and he did that.

I thought Parrett's all around play way better.  Quality delivery, box to box and a very good engine on him.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 19:35:32 »

And I have been sniffing nothing.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 19:57:29 »

Parrett for me was the pick of the three, he has a bit more about him overall!!  Luongo has a lot of talent but will get caught out in this league when some big midfielders get to hear about him!
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 20:19:30 »

When they've had some actual time to get to know everyone's names (no exagerration, Parret said after the game that he didn't know everyone when he got on the pitch) and train with us a bit, I reckon they'll be a superb addition, as well as providing us with some depth/fresh legs in midfield/defence.

Particularly, the right back looks important if Thompson's injury is serious.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 20:39:54 »

Luongo definitely has a bit of a selfish streak which got the better of him a couple of times but he made up for it elsewhere.

Encouraging debuts by all three.
Barry Scott

« Reply #53 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 20:42:15 »

Parrett looks a player.  Thought he was better than Luongo tbh.

Agree. I also thought that Luongo was too selfish and hogged the ball too much. Both have promise, but would much rather see Ferry in the middle.

All 3 were decent, which is nice.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 20:46:32 »

Agree. I also thought that Luongo was too selfish and hogged the ball too much. Both have promise, but would much rather see Ferry in the middle.

Agree...Ferry looked lost wide right.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 23:38:45 »

Agree also

Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #56 on: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 21:02:32 »

I thought Byrne was the best of the 3, all 3 look ok.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 22:20:45 »

Byrne looked a class act,tho' he didn't have much defending to do.Luongo improved tenfold second half and Parrett was very effective in the middle but less so on the left.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Sunday, March 31, 2013, 11:21:22 »

Byrne needed a smaller shirt- when he first came on it looked like he was one of those kids playing in their dad's shirt that goes down to their knees...

He was great though. Luongo didn't really deserve man of the match, but watching him dribble through a packed midfield was impressive, especially when he was on his knees at one stage and yet somehow still controlled the ball. Needs to not be quite as selfish though...

Byrne looks the more rounded player atm, he was very consistent the whole game. Would be happy to see all three line up against Donny, would rather have Luongo on the wing than Ferry, presuming he crosses the ball as well as he dribbles it.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Sunday, March 31, 2013, 13:06:17 »

With regards to Luongo's greed, I'm putting that down to youthful exuberance and the desire to impress on his debut - i imagine he'll calm down now.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: